[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Rodak
Rodak

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

There is a report on Racefans that Perez was mingling with people in Mexico over the break; his wife had posted pictures of him mixing without a mask and the pictures were later deleted. If true then....... only himself to blame.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Rodak wrote:There is a report on Racefans that Perez was mingling with people in Mexico over the break; his wife had posted pictures of him mixing without a mask and the pictures were later deleted. If true then....... only himself to blame.
It came out on ESPN Mexico, it seems he went back to Mexico after Hungary, was with friends and family, went out for dinner, took some pictures with fans and then went with the family to Italy on a little vacation trip... The report seems to indicate he wasn’t really making sure to be avoiding any potential contact with the virus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

Hulkenberg has a best finish of 6th at Silverstone, so even if the circumstances aren't ideal, he has a good chance of bettering that performance this weekend or next.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

better put Russel in RP.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

McFAN
McFAN

Wouter

McFAN wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 09:53

Great!! Finally a podium for Hulkenberg!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
The Power of Dreams!

adrianjordan

Rodak wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 04:37
There is a report on Racefans that Perez was mingling with people in Mexico over the break; his wife had posted pictures of him mixing without a mask and the pictures were later deleted. If true then....... only himself to blame.
If true then I'm sorry, but he should lose his job.

The virus is more serious than any one driver and this level of disregard for the rules imposed are just a slap in the face to everyone who has worked so hard to get F1 back up and running this year.

I hope Checo is OK. More than that, I hope anyone in his team who might have caught it off of him are OK.

Just to clarify the 10 day quarantine rule, it's from the first day of symptoms or positive test result. So if Checo had symptoms before the test, then he might just scrape through and be able to race next weekend (setting aside any moral questions of whether he should or not). If he is asymptomatic then it's from the positive test and that would rule him out.

His engineers/bubble will have to isolate for 14 days, which could have a bigger impact on RP overall.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wouter

Rodak wrote:
And also in Italy.
Perez's wife, Carola Martinez, took another photo on July 24th, saying that they are on holiday together in Italy, which indicates that the Mexican has visited several places. However, that post can no longer be found, because it has been removed by his wife after Perez's positive test.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/64395/po ... bble-.html
The Power of Dreams!

Jackles-UK

In the event of this happening, is it the case that all RP staff are tested more rigorously (perhaps daily) than the current 4-5 day cycle?

One of the advantages of being at Silverstone is that the factory is right on the doorstep of the circuit so an impromptu seat fit is definitely possible. Imagine if this were to happen in Russia or one of the Middle Eastern races, you’d think that logistically it’d be impossible to draft someone in so rapidly.

haza
haza

aleks_ader

Imagine scenes for Hulk to get podium? Surely this FI car has big drag and they will at least have hard time to beat 1 Red Bull. Heck even Mclaren is handy in power drag circuits. I hope they find some setup changes so we could finally get Hulk podium. :D
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

piast9
piast9

Jackles-UK wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 10:34
In the event of this happening, is it the case that all RP staff are tested more rigorously (perhaps daily) than the current 4-5 day cycle?
I am curious of the same thing. Is the test done before a driver (or any other team member) meets with other people in the team?

SAEED
SAEED

adrianjordan wrote:
31 Jul 2020, 10:22
Rodak wrote:
If true then I'm sorry, but he should lose his job.

The virus is more serious than any one driver and this level of disregard for the rules imposed are just a slap in the face to everyone who has worked so hard to get F1 back up and running this year.

I hope Checo is OK. More than that, I hope anyone in his team who might have caught it off of him are OK.

Just to clarify the 10 day quarantine rule, it's from the first day of symptoms or positive test result. So if Checo had symptoms before the test, then he might just scrape through and be able to race next weekend (setting aside any moral questions of whether he should or not). If he is asymptomatic then it's from the positive test and that would rule him out.

His engineers/bubble will have to isolate for 14 days, which could have a bigger impact on RP overall.
He didn't come to the track on Thursday. It's possible that not all in his bubble need to quarantine.