[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
selvam_e2002

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

I think Vettel get Help from Mercedes to place him in Racing point for next 2 years. Once Hamilton and Bottas time over with Mercedes, they may replace with Vettel and Russel. May be it is a plan behind the door. who knows.
or Vettel may waiting for Protest out come before signing.
or vettel still trying to get Albon seat in RB. Max very frustrated in RB, he may look for other options in 2022 if the RB is not capable for wining. If he leaves they don't have experience driver.

all are guesses.... will come to know in coming days.

Wouter

Albert Fabrega @AlbertFabrega
6 m
1)If brake ducts don't comply with the regulations, RPoint can appeal to the International Court of Appeal (ICA) and wait resolution: 1-2 months
If this GP they keep the same ducts, they could be protested again
2)They are legal and Renault don't appeal, results 3 GP are offical
The Power of Dreams!

Gothrek

PlatinumZealot wrote:
05 Aug 2020, 05:54
Ferrari is a big brand at least. Vettel is already frustrated with this new mid-field Ferrari and I can really see that he wants out. He wants to fight for wins.
I believe he is frustrated due to pouring a lot of energy in a team that has never really improved. In Austria he had to be his own strategist. The pressure, the politics it is not good for any driver. You’ll see Leclerc will never become WDC in a Ferrari. In 3-4 years he too will be bitter and frustrated.

Racer X

You guys are having a Silly Season conversation but yeah let's see if Ferrari improves when the new generation of cars comes out'.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

PlatinumZealot

The July 31 exit clause deadline in Perez's contract ended up to be fake news after all.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Wouter

According to the German RTL, where Nico Hulkenberg should work next weekend, he will be racing again.
Last weekend they also reported this first, because Nico was unable to work for them.

Perez replacement at Racing Point, Hulkenberg keeps his Formula 1 cockpit

Second Silverstone race, second chance for Nico Hülkenberg.

According to exclusive RTL / ntv information, the dice in the cockpit decision were made. The 32 year old
may also compete in the upcoming Grand Prix, the Grand Prix for the 70th anniversary, for Racing Point and replace Sergio Perez.

To prepare for this, the 32-year-old completed a strict fitness program - the high-speed course in Silverstone
demands a lot from the neck muscles with its fast curves.
In addition, he climbed into the team's simulator over three days.
https://www.n-tv.de/sport/formel1/Huelk ... 55074.html
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

:roll: . :(
The Power of Dreams!

SmallSoldier

They are just waiting on the results from the Covid test made for Checo today... If it comes negative, Checo drives... He is already cleared in regards to the amount of days he had to be in quarantine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Racer X

NOBS

Strange Thursday conference for Lance.
Team has no clue why he lost pace during race last weekend. They have some ideas but no definite answers.
Lance didn’t bother to visit the factory next door after such a dismal weekend. May be RP playing safe after Perez mishap.

Nico was Up-right, Calm & Confident whereas Lance was at back, toned down & reluctant. Something is brewing back of his mind (could be Renault protest gone against them or he lost the seat to Vettel)

Racer X

NOBS wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 20:04
Team has no clue why he lost pace during race last weekend. They have some ideas but no definite answers.
Lance didn’t bother to visit the factory next door after such a dismal weekend. May be RP playing safe after Perez mishap.

Nico was Up-right, Calm & Confident whereas Lance was at back, toned down & reluctant. Something is brewing back of his mind (could be Renault protest gone against them or he lost the seat to Vettel)
Im watching the video now and he does sound a bit sad and when asked about Sergio he did not know how to respond about the lack of pace.

Also everyone kept either asking Lance about Sergio or Hulk things about him self.

proteus

Racer X wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 20:33
NOBS wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 20:04

Im watching the video now and he does sound a bit sad and when asked about Sergio he did not know how to respond about the lack of pace.

Also everyone kept either asking Lance about Sergio or Hulk things about him self.
I red a rumour, that Perez accepted an AlfaRomeo drive, while Vettel is taking his seat at RacingPoint.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

the EDGE

Sebastian Vettel fuelled speculation, literally, about a move to Aston Martin (currently Racing Point) for 2021 on Thursday by confirming he left last weekend’s British Grand Prix in team boss Otmar Szafnauer’s car.

“It is correct," said Vettel. "We were heading to the fuel station, I don't see the news in that."
Has he taken up smoking and run out of cigs? Or just wanted to see what a ride in a ‘decent Ferrari’ felt like? :lol:

Racer X

proteus wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 21:19

I red a rumour, that Perez accepted an AlfaRomeo drive, while Vettel is taking his seat at RacingPoint.
That would not surprise me i think he would go to Sauber first before going to Haas. But there are also rumors of him at Haas, obviously and him at Redbull. But him accepting we wont know anything about him accepting anything until after Racing Point announces something about Perez. So id hold off on that "rumor" of acceptance.

I personally wonder what Sergios abilities and money would do at Williams... its a Mercedes PU team. Russell would benefit from having a strong team mate. Williams could use the money and strong driver.

Williams's main color is BLUE and Telmex is racing color is also BLUE.... would keep him withing the Mercedes Family.
By 2022 with Perez and George im sure Williams would be competitive.

adrianjordan

SmallSoldier wrote:
06 Aug 2020, 15:36
They are just waiting on the results from the Covid test made for Checo today... If it comes negative, Checo drives... He is already cleared in regards to the amount of days he had to be in quarantine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Has he? Positive test was only Wednesday or Thursday last week and he has to wait 10 days. UK rules and, according to Ted's Notebook, also FIA rules. I don't see how he can race this weekend??
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️