[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

If the settings in these cars can be altered remotely by pit wall, there exists the possibility that a virus or malware could wreak havoc on the ecu and cause problems to the software and even cause damage to hardware. What if a vulnerability has been discovered somewhere that is being exploited to take Verstappen out of contention. Something isn't right with Max's hardware and software, maybe the team knows what's happening but won't say. Maybe they don't know how they are being compromised. Some may say I'm reaching for straws but it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Leave no stone unturned.

ispano6

Get in there Alex, we'll earned podium!!!

GhostF1

mem wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:02
dxpetrov wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 16:21
Is it possible that this retard Albon can't even follow Renault?
more than 40 laps he can't get closer to Renault and RP :lol: , this mediocrity is unacceptable.
Lol, this was quickly proved premature. Calm the hate. The race pace and overtakes were top stuff

Juzh

ispano6 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:13
If the settings in these cars can be altered remotely by pit wall
they cant be, not per rules anyway

KelsO

a little joy against a background of general failure. In any case, it seems that Mercedes is driving in a light mode, especially Hamilton, when needed, they add easily.

Sieper

Revs84 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 15:57
To me it seems the issue has been related to this PU. This is the 3rd time that it has been prone to problems. The biggest disappointment is of course the fact that he was very strong around this track and he had even managed to overtake Hamilton at the start :(
Exactly, heartbreaking. Had Hamilton already. :(

etusch

Mercedes Pu looks too well, especially when we look at their wing usage. Redbull was bad all starts except first one which is spoiled at the side of Hamilton.

mem

GhostF1 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:37
mem wrote:
dxpetrov wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 16:21
Is it possible that this retard Albon can't even follow Renault?
more than 40 laps he can't get closer to Renault and RP :lol: , this mediocrity is unacceptable.
Lol, this was quickly proved premature. Calm the hate. The race pace and overtakes were top stuff
and why i would hate him ? he is mediocre your judgement is the premature one , constantly slower by at least .5 to his team mate and no where compare to him in race pace beside stayed behind Renault and RP today for more than 40 laps , not a top gun material.
any way i congratulate him for his first podium :D

SmallSoldier

ispano6 wrote:If the settings in these cars can be altered remotely by pit wall, there exists the possibility that a virus or malware could wreak havoc on the ecu and cause problems to the software and even cause damage to hardware. What if a vulnerability has been discovered somewhere that is being exploited to take Verstappen out of contention. Something isn't right with Max's hardware and software, maybe the team knows what's happening but won't say. Maybe they don't know how they are being compromised. Some may say I'm reaching for straws but it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Leave no stone unturned.
I know that conspiracy theories are abundant in this forum... But... You took the lead with that one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hasika

Good to see Albon finally find some pace again after Silverstone.Really disappoint by Max's retire,this race could be a big chance for him.
Hope the team and Honda find out what happened in his car soon,i think its a PU issue but i perfer to wait to the official statement.
They must improve the reliability.

GhostF1

mem wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:49
GhostF1 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:37
mem wrote:

and why i would hate him ? he is mediocre your judgement is the premature one , constantly slower by at least .5 to his team mate and no where compare to him in race pace beside stayed behind Renault and RP today for more than 40 laps , not a top gun material.
any way i congratulate him for his first podium :D
Ahh, said by someone who merely reads the results page and totally ignores actual happenings within the sport, the team, the car etc.

He has time and again proven he has outstanding racecraft when given a car that isn't wayward. He proved it last year and is now starting to prove it again as the team fix the issues with the car.

People expect a Max Verstappen/Lewis Hamilton style driver to just appear out of nowhere and be placed in car 2 and anything less is totally unacceptable. It's pretty ridiculous. And the answer is not changing drivers every 3 months thinking that will solve it. You need stability in the team, especially when dealing with a car that is arguably a stagnant model that hasn't improved over last year's car. One of Alex's strengths is feedback and steering the cars development, as Christian just emphasised after the race.

Anyway, he's clearly making improvements and has been on a pretty steep upward trend over the last few races. That's a good path to be on.

As for hanging behind the RP and the Renault... They literally just said after the race they were biding their time and saving the tyres to go long on the soft and kept their distance to preserve the tyres. Standard race practice. We can clearly see when tyre saving is not an issue he can sail past as seen in the final restart. How about we don't twist and talk nonsense to fit a negative agenda.
Last edited by GhostF1 on 13 Sep 2020, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

Revs84

The issue seems to occur only on Max's PU. If I'm not mistaken, the software needs to be the same across all of the same manufacturer's units, so my guess is that there is some faulty hardware somewhere.

As much as I love Honda, they really need to iron out these niggling issues that keep occurring. As harsh as this may sound, there's no chance they'll ever fight for championships if they keep having these recurring issues. Their PU needs to be bulletproof throughout.

ispano6

SmallSoldier wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 17:50

I know that conspiracy theories are abundant in this forum... But... You took the lead with that one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You would be surprised to know what F1 teams have had to deal with regarding hackers. Just look it up. In this age, anything is possible. I'm just saying teams need to be on top of everything and should not discount the possibility. It would be foolish to think it's impossible. Code can be corrupted and hard to trace, malicious or not.

Marti_EF3

Very disapointing race. Today Honda is who failed massively, and with that I think Max will soon start to be "angry" I'm always defending Honda, but today the PU ruined a great opportunity... #-o

At least Albon was there to take good points for the team. Happy for his first podium

McMika98

Revs84 wrote:
13 Sep 2020, 18:21
The issue seems to occur only on Max's PU. If I'm not mistaken, the software needs to be the same across all of the same manufacturer's units, so my guess is that there is some faulty hardware somewhere.

As much as I love Honda, they really need to iron out these niggling issues that keep occurring. As harsh as this may sound, there's no chance they'll ever fight for championships if they keep having these recurring issues. Their PU needs to be bulletproof throughout.
Not surprised Max keeps having engine issues, I always had a feeling he has different modes as his acceleration and gear shifts are so aggressive. He is always pushing the engine and car bit more. Tanabe even mentioned it. Redbull must have a different software to Alpha Tauri as their acceleration phases are not the same.
Redbull Honda need to sort the starts, launch is OK but the acceleration is just abysmal. They have yet to have a decent launch since the engine change rule.