[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Sieper

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

thanks for that Wouter! That reads to me as we still might have some fear on sunday but it also reads as if it is a optimizing game and I think they went farthest with that with Max. Can you remember they had a meeting with Honda race brass at Silverstone where it was said to be about taking more risk. I start to think they have just done that. Maybe they have to dial that down, who knows, just speculating. Anxious to see how they will stack up and how it goes this weekend.
Last edited by Sieper on 24 Sep 2020, 20:29, edited 1 time in total.

Wouter

Sieper wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 10:50
thanks for that Wouter! That reads to me as we still might have some fear on sunday but it also reads as if it is a optimizing game and I think they went farthest with that with Max. Can you remember they had a meating with Honda race brass at Silverstone where it was said to be about taking more risk. I start to think they have just done that. Maybe they have to dial that down, who knows, just speculating. Anxious to see how they will stack up and how it goes this weekend.
That message from Tanabe, frankly, hasn't really reassured me.
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

no me neither.

63l8qrrfy6

So it wasn't Mclaren's fault nor hacking ?

_cerber1

Juzh

Same old, same old. Lets hope its true this time.

Wouter

New Honda engines at Sochi, Verstappen Mugello issue solved
Sep 24 2020

Max Verstappen and the two AlphaTauri drivers will have fresh Honda engines for the Russian Grand Prix,
even though the Red Bull driver's Mugello failure has not proven terminal.

The Race understands the engine remains usable and will be part of Verstappen's pool of components for the remainder of the season.

But he and AlphaTauri duo Pierre Gasly and Daniil Kvyat will run new engine components at Sochi this weekend.

It's understood that this is a scheduled change and unrelated to Verstappen's Mugello problem.
Performance upgrades are not allowed in-season but specification changes for reliability reasons are.
https://the-race.com/formula-1/new-honda-engines-at-sochi-ve rstappen-mugello-issue-solved/
The Power of Dreams!

Sieper

Well, at least it is a new unit, so if the problem was due to some anomaly (which I doubt) it should be solved.

_cerber1

Sieper wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 14:31
Well, at least it is a new unit, so if the problem was due to some anomaly (which I doubt) it should be solved.
They write that these were software and electronics problems.

Wouter

_cerber1 wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 14:35
Sieper wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 14:31
They write that these were software and electronics problems.

Where did you read that? Do you have a link?
The Power of Dreams!

_cerber1

Wouter wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 14:42
Instead, it suspected a combination of factors relating to both the engine's electrics and software came together to trigger the issue.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15236 ... llo-repeat

Wouter

_cerber1 wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 14:51
Wouter wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 14:42
Instead, it suspected a combination of factors relating to both the engine's electrics and software came together to trigger the issue.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15236 ... llo-repeat
Thanks @ cerber1, I read the article.

Strange, because Tanabe has not said this anywhere, not even in the article or the press.
These are the words of the writer.
The Power of Dreams!

_cerber1

Wouter wrote:
24 Sep 2020, 15:08
Strange, because Tanabe has not said this anywhere, not even in the article or the press.
These are the words of the writer.
The article says that this does not concern the main components that are subject to fines, I see no reason for the author to invent such details.

SmallSoldier

Wouter wrote:
godlameroso wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 23:23
Wouter wrote:
23 Sep 2020, 22:33
And again, NO answer to my question about your information.

You pretend you work for Honda and speak to insiders. If I ask about that, you don't answer, again.
In this evasive way, your reports about Honda cannot be taken seriously.

Remind me where I said any such thing? You ask I answer. I have nothing to do with Honda other than owning a lot of them and having a business that works on them.

Last week you got the same question from me twice as above in a PM.
You may not remember, but then I also got an evasive answer.
If you post information here that only the people at Honda know, I would like to know if you got that information from Honda itself. Also now on the forum you don't answer my question, which is basically the same as those two in my PMs.

It may be that you delete your PM messages immediately, so I will now send you my PM again from last week, then you can see that even then, after my second time, you still did not answer. Just as I did not receive an answer to my question on the forum yesterday:
"How do you get this information from the past two weeks? Honda hasn't announced anything at all yet."
Hopefully you now do remember and it is a little clearer to you.

You also sent me a PM on Jan 25, 2020 telling me that you live in Miami and work with people from Honda like 3 or 4 months of the year, and that you hear things, talk to people and they tell you stuff (your words).

That is why I would like to know if you have inside information this time too.
He “speculates” about things, the problem is that he states them as facts... A lot of misinformation unluckily

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Marti_EF3

If the engine were usable again, the most probable issue is electronics or software. Which usually are the worst to solve due to the huge amount of electronic components and complex software the ERS have... Hope they were only problems trying to push a little more and now are solved/back to normal spec. Because the PU's on the AT have worked smoothly every weekend