[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:08
RB16 has a low DF setup, you clearly see it. They don't need times, they know what to test, and where they are. No need to show you or anyone where they are. If you're worried about spins going with low DF setup and windy conditions, well, be patient and wait until Melbourne. I will be more worried if I was Mercedes with all the engine issues they are having (and in cold weather conditions)

Many experts on track are saying the RB16 is well planted (even with a low DF setup!), so I'm not too much worried right now. On the fast runs RB are sandbagging on the last chicane, I'm just there, and you clearly can see and hear they are lifting throttle to mask times. Also they are taking an unideal line on T10 coming from the back straight, so more time here. I can clearly see they are not pushing, and I saw the Mercs pushing a bit more than the RB.

But well, all speculation and personal points of view... :roll:
Thank you @Marti. Image
The Power of Dreams!

DChemTech

Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:16
Marti_EF3 wrote:
RB16 has a low DF setup, you clearly see it. They don't need times, they know what to test, and where they are. No need to show you or anyone where they are. If you're worried about spins going with low DF setup and windy conditions, well, be patient and wait until Melbourne. I will be more worried if I was Mercedes with all the engine issues they are having (and in cold weather conditions)

Many experts on track are saying the RB16 is well planted (even with a low DF setup!), so I'm not too much worried right now. On the fast runs RB are sandbagging on the last chicane, I'm just there, and you clearly can see and hear they are lifting throttle to mask times. Also they are taking an unideal line on T10 coming from the back straight, so more time here. I can clearly see they are not pushing, and I saw the Mercs pushing a bit more than the RB.

Thank you @Marti. https://tweakimg.net/g/s/thumbsup.gif
I hope you are right.

It would more fun if eventually they just admit to spinning this often on purpose to trick the competition. whole different form of sandbagging :twisted:

Pyrone89

Marti_EF3 wrote:

On the other hand: they lose top speed when they bolt on the higher DF probably. And with regards to Mercedes: heard reports they are masking performance also by not stringing together sectors. With regards to their engine issues: these are actually oil system issues, not issues with the engine itself. They are using the engine from week 1 again. If they had an engine issue they would indeed have a big problem but the reports are it is the auxcillary systems, not the engine itself.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Pyrone89

DChemTech wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:19
Wouter wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:16
Marti_EF3 wrote:

Thank you @Marti. https://tweakimg.net/g/s/thumbsup.gif
I hope you are right.

It would more fun if eventually they just admit to spinning this often on purpose to trick the competition. whole different form of sandbagging :twisted:
That would be quit something =P~

nzjrs

Pyrone89 wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:29
Marti_EF3 wrote:

On the other hand: they lose top speed when they bolt on the higher DF probably. And with regards to Mercedes: heard reports they are masking performance also by not stringing together sectors. With regards to their engine issues: these are actually oil system issues, not issues with the engine itself. They are using the engine from week 1 again. If they had an engine issue they would indeed have a big problem but the reports are it is the auxcillary systems, not the engine itself.
Out of interest, are you making these judgements from watching the video coverage of the cars on track?

Marti_EF3

Someome here said RB were not using 8th gear on the straights, so I think everyone at the top teams are masking many things

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:32
Someome here said RB were not using 8th gear on the straights, so I think everyone at the top teams are masking many things
I also see that today on onboard cam.

Pyrone89

nzjrs wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:31
Pyrone89 wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:29
Marti_EF3 wrote:

Out of interest, are you making these judgements from watching the video coverage of the cars on track?
Video of F1TV, and the videos posted here and elsewhere.

Not so much judgements as worrying observations. I am clearly stating we will see in 2 weeks, but that things are not looking like a Mercedes beater so far.

nzjrs

etusch wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:50
Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 14:32
I also see that today on onboard cam.
Can confirm. I saw that too.

nzjrs

Pyrone89 wrote:
28 Feb 2020, 15:02
Video of F1TV, and the videos posted here and elsewhere.

Not so much judgements as worrying observations. I am clearly stating we will see in 2 weeks, but that things are not looking like a Mercedes beater so far.
Sure, no problem. I am just always surprised that so many people post their 'observations' which are very often copy-paste comments from other sub-forumns, reddit, twitter etc. That's not signal - it's amplifying noise usually.

Bill

Observations are sound method to make a scientific judgement. If a car is carrying less wing then its producing less downforce.if an engine is blowing five times then it's unreliable, beauty in simplicity.

Sieper

It is. I watched some material myself and the RB16 is the most stable red bull car I have seen in these pre-season test over the last few years.

etusch

They are planning some speed runs
The intention is to do some quick runs on Friday, but I think you won't see the real form of the team and the speed of Honda until Melbourne. But it looks very good and strong for this year.”

Red Bull understands that it needs to improve in a number of areas, but with the upgrades that it is set to bring to Melbourne, the team believes it will be able to pass Mercedes. Honda has also worked hard over winter in order to make gains.

A Red Bull employee told GPToday.net: “Honda has built a very good and strong engine. It looks very good and we haven't even driven at full power yet.

https://www.gptoday.net/en/news/f1/2544 ... e-for-2020

Jaisonas

They seem to be doing quali runs on hards now

Marti_EF3

Fresh videos of that last runs