[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

I can't believe you guys are discussing how fast Max could have gone if he would have had the wing adjust correctly.

You know there is no answer to that right? For all we know he could have gone slower or end up in a collision and DNF. You can't pretend that everything else would have been perfect just cause the had the wing set correctly.

Anyways the rest of the races are in the desert. No rain there. The next wet race will be 2021.

Lock2nl

Moore77 wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 14:54
Lock2nl wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 14:40
Moore77 wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 14:20
When the cars were going multiple seconds slower than the best possible time in dry, a front wing adjustment gone wrong doesn't make a great difference. Even if it had an impact on tyre life, it still wasn't such a big parameter in such conditions. He missed the opportunity and couldn't recover back with new inters as they took eons to heat up, like everyone else's.
Is this your personal experience?
All of it, yes.
Interesting. It isn't mine.

Maritimer

Would seem to me saying oh we switched from right to left hand threads on the adjusters cannot account for such a discrepancy in the angle they ended up with. You would have to triple the lead on the screw to get three degrees when you wanted one, which is certainly something that could get lost playing telephone passing down info from the design office to the tech on track.

Wouter

Maritimer wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 11:59
Would seem to me saying oh we switched from right to left hand threads on the adjusters cannot account for such a discrepancy in the angle they ended up with. You would have to triple the lead on the screw to get three degrees when you wanted one, which is certainly something that could get lost playing telephone passing down info from the design office to the tech on track.

Max has asked for at least 1 degree. However, they have decided in the team to make it 3.5 degrees. Very much seems to me. If you then turn the wrong way on 1 side, you get a difference of 7 degrees and that is huge.
It could also be that they have adjusted less than 3.5 degrees, but then the wing must not have been straight at the start of the race. (then already a few degrees difference)
The Power of Dreams!

nzjrs

diffuser wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 19:59
I can't believe you guys are discussing how fast Max could have gone if he would have had the wing adjust correctly.
I'm not sure how the internet topic police work sorry.

Would you prefer we check with you before we start discussing topics, or is it OK if we stop after receiving our first warning?

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

diffuser

nzjrs wrote:
22 Nov 2020, 13:06
diffuser wrote:
21 Nov 2020, 19:59
I'm not sure how the internet topic police work sorry.

Would you prefer we check with you before we start discussing topics, or is it OK if we stop after receiving our first warning?
Sounds like you're being the police. I just gave you my opinion of that discussion.

I've moved on.

godlameroso

My friend you don't understand, the internet has the ability to alter the past by continuously bickering. You see, if you argue for long enough, eventually the future will become the past, and all the while the internet will bicker over the same thing, and this knowledge will alter the outcome of the future, which will eventually become the past, long before anyone reaches any sensible conclusion.

If we keep arguing about what could have been had it been done right, the mechanics will strive to not make the same mistake again, ever. Eventually another race will come when a front wing adjustment will be needed, and it will go in the correct position, and Max either will or will not have pace. Just like the internet argued.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

In conversation with Austrian Oe24, Red Bull Racing team advisor Helmut Marko says:

ÖSTERREICH24: Were you able to achieve anything during your visit to the Honda factory [in Japan]?

Marko: We haven't made a decision yet, but at the beginning of December we should know in which direction we are headed. The existing regulations are too expensive and too complicated. If the FIA wants new engine manufacturers, it has to be simpler and cheaper. If we continue with Honda (the Formula 1 commitment will end at the end of 2021, d. Ed.), Then that will only work if the current regulations are frozen beyond 2021 and we only need service work.
Marko's interview: https://m.oe24.at/sport/motorsport/lewi ... /455422305
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

diffuser

So is it really RedBull or bust for Albon?

Forget your personal opinions of Albon as a PILOT. Try and read the tea leaves of RBR positioning on him. RBR either think Albon is better than Gasley or they do not. By keeping Albon at RBR, it suggests they think he's better than Gasley. Keeping him at RBR or replacing him and not finding a seat for him, sounds like a contradition and doesn't makes sense. Sounds like something else is at play. Are they stringing along Perez and have no intension of replacing Albon at RBR? They have never signed anyone from outside before. Are they just keeping the presure applied on Albon? Gasely's under contract for next year to drive at SAT, so that's no joke. That second seat there is still a "?".

My Guess is, either they have no intension of hiring Perez or they do and they'll give that 2nd seat at SAT to him.