[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

MtthsMlw wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:07
I'd expect him to beat Verstappen at least in one third of all occasions.

Are you talking about Perez? He looked good this year in the W10 car, but in the RB16B next year?
Only Max can handle that diva of a car. I don't think Perez can.

New numbers of the RB drivers.

Pierre 10
Sergio 11
Yuki 22
Max 33
:lol:
The Power of Dreams!

Xero

Incredible. I know there were rumours, but not for one second did I believe they would actually step outside their young driver programme to bring in Checo. Delighted for him, he deserves a seat in F1. At the same time, absolutely gutted for Albon!

Shrieker

This is Perez's second shot in the big time, and he's much more experienced and prepared this time round. That seat is well deserved, but the pressure will be on. I hope he delivers.

I think he will.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

dtro
dtro

CHECO!

LETS GO!!!

Morteza

Have to admit this photo looks so weird
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

JRindt

MtthsMlw wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:07
RB got a very strong line-up now. Crazy how it sometimes goes, Vettel somehow unexpectedly dropped by Ferrari leading to Perez being pushed out before his contract is over to signing one with one of the big three.
As a driver I personally rate him rather high, I'd expect him to beat Verstappen at least in one third of all occasions. Unless that second seat is actually cursed.
I highly doubt it. I rather expect he’ll get the same drubbing Ricciardo delivered Ocon.

Nothing against Checo, but he and ocon were as close at Force India as Daniel and Max were at RBR. Part of Ocon’s performance could be explained by him being out for a year. But, Max is a tenth up on Daniel (at least 2 tenths if Max is to be believed :lol:)

DChemTech
DChemTech

Shrieker wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:26
This is Perez's second shot in the big time, and he's much more experienced and prepared this time round. That seat is well deserved, but the pressure will be on. I hope he delivers.

I think he will.
Hopefully, this time the team is more prepared, too ;)

bigblue

Wouter wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:11
Pierre 10
Sergio 11
Yuki 22
Max 33
I believe 44 is taken.

maguetox
maguetox

Xero wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:21
Incredible. I know there were rumours, but not for one second did I believe they would actually step outside their young driver programme to bring in Checo. Delighted for him, he deserves a seat in F1. At the same time, absolutely gutted for Albon!
there must be a lot pressure from several parts in order to keep Sergio on the grid, specially with the Mexican Grand Prix to be held the next year.
Anyway I like that Red Bull will have a second pilot strong enough to help the team fight Mercedes and Maybe Ferrari.

For next year, the Red Bull teams will have the 3 winners that defeat Mercedes this year.

etusch

If redbull car remains so hard to drive, it will be hard for Perez too.
It is very hard to compare drivers unless they are at same car. So Ocon and Ricci fight each other at renault but not at FI. Perez and Stroll fight against each other at same car and Stroll was not that bad compared to Perez.
Whatever. Most important things for us as RB Honda fans, a good rb car with a powerfull honda engine. I don't want them to be best and rivelless but good enough to fight every race for win.

diffuser

tangodjango wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 10:12
godlameroso wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 00:57
Hah, I got downvoted for posting a picture saying that this very thing is happening, people here have a great dislike for Teddy boy.
So is it a 1 year contract ? That would make most sense while they blood Tsunoda. Also gives them leverage with Honda by dangling a Tsunoda promotion to Red Bull in 2022 or 2023 for completing a development program for 2022 over the 21 winter and then handing over to Red Bull, this would also satify Ferrari and Reanult by letting the performance freeze happen at the beginning of 2022 rather than end of 2021
Mark webber had like five one year contracts at red bull...Till he decided to retire. Once Perez gets in that seat. If RBR are happy with what he brings, it will be hard to get him out. That is a big IF....Someone will have to show real promise. As much promise that Tsunoda has shown in the lower ranks, he might just be another Vandoorne. Just saying, it can go either way. PLUS, maybe even go a way we haven't though of yet.

A bird in hand is worth two in the bush!

PlatinumZealot

Looking at the steering wheel in the onboards and listening to Albon's comments the car balance had already been cured about mid-season. Sergio will be fine. He is not there to beat Max he is there to serve RedBull (and Max basically).
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racer X

bigblue wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:49
Wouter wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:11
Pierre 10
Sergio 11
Yuki 22
Max 33
I believe 44 is taken.
I see now why RedBull dropped Gasly...
He doesn't have a double digit number....
What a maroon...
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

diffuser

maguetox wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:51
Xero wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:21
there must be a lot pressure from several parts in order to keep Sergio on the grid, specially with the Mexican Grand Prix to be held the next year.
Anyway I like that Red Bull will have a second pilot strong enough to help the team fight Mercedes and Maybe Ferrari.

For next year, the Red Bull teams will have the 3 winners that defeat Mercedes this year.
Think there is more pressure to stay ahead of the pink Panther. They're hearing foot steps. You never know, however unlikely, they could put it together.

Marti_EF3

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:59
Looking at the steering wheel in the onboards and listening to Albon's comments the car balance had already been cured about mid-season. Sergio will be fine. He is not there to beat Max he is there to serve RedBull (and Max basically).
Hope you're right. He usually don't like team orders or being the clear second driver. He may be thinking to do a Rosberg... I have mixed feelings. I know Pérez is good enough to deliver consistent points and results, but on the other hand it's a bit problematic sometimes. Wondering if they start on the same row, Pérez will be kind on Max because he knows what his job is? Or will be the typical start when he is agressive and ocasionally ends with an incident? :? :?