[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

maguetox wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:51

there must be a lot pressure from several parts in order to keep Sergio on the grid, specially with the Mexican Grand Prix to be held the next year.
Anyway I like that Red Bull will have a second pilot strong enough to help the team fight Mercedes and Maybe Ferrari.

For next year, the Red Bull teams will have the 3 winners that defeat Mercedes this year.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Marti_EF3 wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 17:06
PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:59
Looking at the steering wheel in the onboards and listening to Albon's comments the car balance had already been cured about mid-season. Sergio will be fine. He is not there to beat Max he is there to serve RedBull (and Max basically).
Hope you're right. He usually don't like team orders or being the clear second driver. He may be thinking to do a Rosberg... I have mixed feelings. I know Pérez is good enough to deliver consistent points and results, but on the other hand it's a bit problematic sometimes. Wondering if they start on the same row, Pérez will be kind on Max because he knows what his job is? Or will be the typical start when he is agressive and ocasionally ends with an incident? :? :?
He was out of a job, so could well have accepted conditions he would not normally consider.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

McMika98
McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Looking at the steering wheel in the onboards and listening to Albon's comments the car balance had already been cured about mid-season. Sergio will be fine. He is not there to beat Max he is there to serve RedBull (and Max basically).
Wondering if they start on the same row, Pérez will be kind on Max because he knows what his job is? Or will be the typical start when he is agressive and ocasionally ends with an incident? :? :?
Perez is a totally different driver to Max, even in quali he never hits the kerbs whilst Max is always turning at the apex even during race runs.
Will be interesting if he can get to within few tenths of Max. Cant see it happening though. Redbull will prolly have a more loose rear end once they lose the floor seal.

Gerhardsa

McMika98 wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 17:39
Marti_EF3 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wondering if they start on the same row, Pérez will be kind on Max because he knows what his job is? Or will be the typical start when he is agressive and ocasionally ends with an incident? :? :?
Perez is a totally different driver to Max, even in quali he never hits the kerbs whilst Max is always turning at the apex even during race runs.
Will be interesting if he can get to within few tenths of Max. Cant see it happening though. Redbull will prolly have a more loose rear end once they lose the floor seal.
"He never hits the kerbs"? Where on earth did you come by this fact? What does it even mean? LOL
I am very sure Perez will at least be Verstappen's "Bottas".
Last edited by Gerhardsa on 18 Dec 2020, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

PlatinumZealot

In Q Perez should be about 2 to 3 tenths behind Max at worst, which is acceptable.

In the race though, he may be faster, no one knows for sure.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Gerhardsa

PlatinumZealot wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 18:00
In Q Perez should be about 2 to 3 tenths behind Max at worst, which is acceptable.

Agreed. I think he will be pretty close to him.

Juzh

Wouter wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:11
MtthsMlw wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:07
I'd expect him to beat Verstappen at least in one third of all occasions.

Are you talking about Perez? He looked good this year in the W10 car, but in the RB16B next year?
Only Max can handle that diva of a car. I don't think Perez can.
This "diva" thing is getting old fast. Car was pretty good already since eifel gp and wasn't at all bad since mugello. As the car got better so did verstappen and albon basically maintained the same gap as before.

You're gonna say RB16 verstappen used in abu dhabi to win with ease is somehow bad and uncontrollable? Give it a break already.

bauc

Great news for Perez, F1 and RBRH, Mercedes will now need to cover 2 strategies everyrace, they will most probably no longer have ''free pitspops'' so overall we are in for a good year.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

etusch

toraabe
toraabe

PlatinumZealot wrote:

Verstappen will be slightly ahed in qualifying due to outright speed, but Perez is beside Hamilton the best in tyre management. He knows exactly how to be first when it matters. Verstappen has probably got the best teammate since Riccardo or even better. Do expect hard duelling between the two in races....

etusch

PlatinumZealot wrote:

He has to be ahead of Bottas continuesly and as close as he can to lewis if not front of him if max is at front.

nokivasara
nokivasara

DChemTech wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:46
Shrieker wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 16:26
This is Perez's second shot in the big time, and he's much more experienced and prepared this time round. That seat is well deserved, but the pressure will be on. I hope he delivers.

I think he will.
Hopefully, this time the team is more prepared, too ;)
McLaren were in trouble back then and somehow they decided that letting Perez go after one season was going to help them. Perez didn't do that bad IMO.
Anyway, I'm happy he's here next year. I think he will take the odd podium when Max or one of the mercs doesn't. Oh, what if Aston Martin and Renault gets in the mix too?! Midfield battles are going to be amazing next year!

rogazilla
rogazilla

I am cautiously optimistic. I do think having Perez in the car is a benchmark to really evaluate Gasly and Albon. I am not sold on Perez being that perfect second driver like Bottas is to Lewis. One thing I observed as RBR's car being fixed this year, Albon was having trouble keeping the tires last. Wonder if anyone else noticed that, tires management become a bigger problem for Albon as RBR brings update to the car this season. Perez may be able to have the upper hand being better at manage tires but the pink W10 even made Stroll a better driver for all that matter. Will keep an open mind and see what this season brings and I can't wait to see the new Honda PU and the supposed benefit to packaging the new car!

El Scorchio

Genuinely this brings more excitement for next year. Looking forward to seeing what Perez can do in the car.

There are going to be absolute fireworks if Perez is ever behind Verstappen in a race but going at a faster pace.

Big Tea

toraabe wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 18:25
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Verstappen will be slightly ahed in qualifying due to outright speed, but Perez is beside Hamilton the best in tyre management. He knows exactly how to be first when it matters. Verstappen has probably got the best teammate since Riccardo or even better. Do expect hard duelling between the two in races....
This is probably the best strat for RB next year. Max to go balls out as always, while Perez plays the long game, even at the expense of qualifying outside the top 5 on medium tyres.

From the off, (lets discount Bottas for now) Lewis and Max run away and use up each others tyres.
By the time new rubber is needed Perez should be within or close to the pit window.
Providing Perez and Bottas are still in the top 6, I see Perez outlasting Bottas on med tyres by quite a distance, depending on conditions, and coming out of the pit close to the top.

This of course does not account for the Forceracingmartin cars or what the Merc powered Mclarens are like.
Vettel? no idea but Stroll seems good on tyres, so could well be in there, and the Mclarens could be between Peres and co and the leading cars.

Much could change by next year though with the narrow floor and different spec tyres.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.