[ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: [ 2020 ] Aston Martin RedBull Racing F1 Team - Honda

Helmut Marko in an interview from the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg about, among other things,
the start of the season and the opportunities of RBR.
For the people who understand the German language. Unfortunately, nowhere to be seen in English.

https://www.rtl.de/cms/helmut-marko-red ... 54879.html
The Power of Dreams!

HPD

Wouter wrote:
04 Jun 2020, 20:54
Helmut Marko in an interview from the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg about, among other things,
the start of the season and the opportunities of RBR.
For the people who understand the German language. Unfortunately, nowhere to be seen in English.

https://www.rtl.de/cms/helmut-marko-red ... 54879.html
"We are in a completely different stage of expansion compared to the test car and we also skipped a stage, we have additional performance," Marko said in remarks for the German network RTL.

"We come here with updates that we haven't tested because we skipped two levels."

godlameroso

Other teams haven't been standing still. There are rumors of Ferrari turning up in Austria with a nose job.

I know the car that was going to race at Melbourne was a step improvement over the test car. Surprised that they have 2 more "steps". They're going to have busy FP sessions.

Perhaps with a back to back race on the same track they can try different configurations.
Saishū kōnā

jumpingfish

godlameroso wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 15:23
Other teams haven't been standing still. There are rumors of Ferrari turning up in Austria with a nose job.

I know the car that was going to race at Melbourne was a step improvement over the test car. Surprised that they have 2 more "steps". They're going to have busy FP sessions.

Perhaps with a back to back race on the same track they can try different configurations.
Sad for me - Binotto said about SF1000 in Austria: "The car will be the same that we had in the testing sessions and we brought to Australia" Image

http://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-expect- ... ter-tests/

Bill

Binotto said Ferrari bring the car they had from Barcelona because they closed their factories earlier than others fact not romour. He maybe playing games but I would believe him over some journalist

etusch

Helmut Marko, motorsport consultant of Red Bull, confirmed that they are preparing a completely new vehicle for the Austrian GP.

Helmut Marko stated that they are preparing important updates about RB16 and that they will have a different vehicle in Austria.

"Normally we are strong in the middle of the season, not at the beginning of the season, and now we start the season in the middle of the year. After the test, we will go to a completely different level in Austria compared to the vehicle we have. There are also gains on the engine side."

"Honda has continued to develop its power unit, and the RB16 will have some updates that we have not had so far."

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko ... k/4802268/

lio007

etusch wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 15:39
Helmut Marko, motorsport consultant of Red Bull, confirmed that they are preparing a completely new vehicle for the Austrian GP.

Helmut Marko stated that they are preparing important updates about RB16 and that they will have a different vehicle in Austria.

"Normally we are strong in the middle of the season, not at the beginning of the season, and now we start the season in the middle of the year. After the test, we will go to a completely different level in Austria compared to the vehicle we have. There are also gains on the engine side."

"Honda has continued to develop its power unit, and the RB16 will have some updates that we have not had so far."

https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/marko ... k/4802268/
Hm...I think that's a bit over the place and a bit lost in translation. This is what he said on RTL:

Question: Is it possible for Max to get the Triple in Austria?
# [the past 2 seasons] give them confidence, he admits that Merc is not that strong on this track and always had problems here
# the competitive order is pretty much unknown, because during testing everything is smoke and mirror
# during testing they saw that Ferrari was not on the same level as Red Bull and Mercedes, but on the other hand, the don't know, if Ferrari gained or found some performance in the last couple of weeks
# the RB16's performance is a bit of an unknown, because they will arrive with a version of untested updates and they skipped 2 steps [to get the correct understanding what he meant: because there was no racing they obviously skipped two steps which were part of the normal development programme. Of course the car will be different to the one that would have been raced in Australia, but this would have been the case anyway at this point of time. He didn't mention in no way, that they will bring a "completely new vehicle" as quoted above]
# they think the midfield teams may get a bit closer, but won't be contenders for victories

Question: How realistic is the title for Max this year?
# they have worked for a long time to achieve this goal, but had a lot of setbacks
# with Honda they have now a solid PU-partner
# they have learned from their mistakes. A big problem was their competitiveness which was only top by the middle of the season. And this year they start in the middle of the season and their preperations were much better.
# Merc, HAM are clear favorites for the title, but he thinks Red Bull is the first and a serious contender [to Merc]

etusch

lio007 wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 20:03
etusch wrote:
06 Jun 2020, 15:39

Hm...I think that's a bit over the place and a bit lost in translation. This is what he said on RTL:

Question: Is it possible for Max to get the Triple in Austria?
thank you for clarification @lio007
The site's maintaining people I quoted are not good at translating. Generally bad translation with bad Turkish. Additionally. I made google translate to make it English. From Turkish to English or Eng to Tur it is already bad.

lio007

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

etusch

godlameroso

#Earthdreams #Super Aguri
Saishū kōnā

Pany

If Baku and Singapore are out, is gonna be difficoult to win title

lio007

Pany wrote:
12 Jun 2020, 10:36
If Baku and Singapore are out, is gonna be difficoult to win title
I think this is hard to say when not even a single racelap is on the clock.

Bandit1216

Pure wishful thinking, I admit;

I hope das system has most advantage on long straits. Starting the season with races on Red Bull prone circuits might give Max the chance to be ahead by the time they reach Monza and Spa, so Lewis will have to chase and therefore lose the edge. Also I would not be surprised RB will turn up with there own das soon. It's not that complicated imo.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.