[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Racer X

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

JRindt wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 18:44
Jolle wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 18:00

Publicly attacking Honda and pushing McLaren over the edge to go for Renault so he could race for Toyota was indeed the work of an inexperienced youngster in his mid thirties.

Nice to have Alonso back, he's a great driver but I expect more that Renault will leave F1 in 2023 (again) then a boost in performance and a return to the front.
Yeah, right. He publicly attacked Honda in 2015 to race for Toyota in WEC in 2018. What do you think he is? Thanos? Even he doesn’t make such long term plans :roll:
If anything after he attacked Honda Toyota might have found it a good opportunity to work with him to be able to say
"F1 drivers prefer Toyota" with out having to say it.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Jolle
Jolle

JRindt wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 18:44
Jolle wrote:

Publicly attacking Honda and pushing McLaren over the edge to go for Renault so he could race for Toyota was indeed the work of an inexperienced youngster in his mid thirties.

Nice to have Alonso back, he's a great driver but I expect more that Renault will leave F1 in 2023 (again) then a boost in performance and a return to the front.
Yeah, right. He publicly attacked Honda in 2015 to race for Toyota in WEC in 2018. What do you think he is? Thanos? Even he doesn’t make such long term plans :roll:
He signed a deal with Toyota the day after Honda and McLaren announced they were splitting up. Just watch the Amazon thing on McLaren again and count how many times Zak says "we need to keep Fernando happy".

Might just be an coincidence...

ALO_Power
ALO_Power

Jolle wrote:
ALO_Power wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 15:13
Gothrek wrote:
08 Jul 2020, 23:23
I think you all forget how toxic Alonso can be for a team. Probably at his current age and team he has chosen, he will emulate the comeback of Schumacher.
Sorry, but I'm really getting tired of listening to this over and over again. You realize that now he's not the inexperienced youngster you remember and even back then all he wanted was not to be treated unfairly. Anyway, after following him for such long, from his latest interview to Will Buxton, I'm sure that this is a very different, more mature and calm Alonso. I'm sure that he was frustrated before cause he knew his abilities and that he didn't get the chance to translate his skills into success (and on the contrary spent a lot of his time at the back of the grid), but now after being off F1 for a while and succeeding in other categories he feels more fulfilled with himself and that can only make him better since I still believe he got his undisputed skills.

Lol, gotta let the emotions aside mate. He bashed Honda because of their pure incompetence and thought that getting rid of them would suddenly get McLaren back to the front (assuming that MCL32 was a top team chassis), but that was only his input. McLaren isn't a team of "average Joes" that just decide in such a light-hearted manner as this. As for the Toyota, no comments. Like, he couldn't do it anyways since he was planning to retire and cut ties off McLaren...

Jolle
Jolle

ALO_Power wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 22:00
Jolle wrote:
ALO_Power wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 15:13

Sorry, but I'm really getting tired of listening to this over and over again. You realize that now he's not the inexperienced youngster you remember and even back then all he wanted was not to be treated unfairly. Anyway, after following him for such long, from his latest interview to Will Buxton, I'm sure that this is a very different, more mature and calm Alonso. I'm sure that he was frustrated before cause he knew his abilities and that he didn't get the chance to translate his skills into success (and on the contrary spent a lot of his time at the back of the grid), but now after being off F1 for a while and succeeding in other categories he feels more fulfilled with himself and that can only make him better since I still believe he got his undisputed skills.

Lol, gotta let the emotions aside mate. He bashed Honda because of their pure incompetence and thought that getting rid of them would suddenly get McLaren back to the front (assuming that MCL32 was a top team chassis), but that was only his input. McLaren isn't a team of "average Joes" that just decide in such a light-hearted manner as this. As for the Toyota, no comments. Like, he couldn't do it anyways since he was planning to retire and cut ties off McLaren...
yeah....

Blackout

Jolle wrote:
Baseless expectation.
While their power was up, Honda and Mercedes put their R&D in overdrive to match Ferrari.
While Renault stood there watching?
Viry probably made the biggest jump in 2019. More than 60ps (since Ferrari was cheating, the Renault probably had the biggest peak power) and with the spec-c, they sorted out all the reliability problems.
Their recovery is slow, yes, because they came from further away and had less good facilities, but it would be senseless to write Enstone and Viry off, especially because they are working on the new regulations since a long time ago, and the budget + dyno testing caps suit them perfectly.

Jolle
Jolle

Blackout wrote:
09 Jul 2020, 22:34
Jolle wrote:
Baseless expectation.
While their power was up, Honda and Mercedes put their R&D in overdrive to match Ferrari.
While Renault stood there watching?
Viry probably made the biggest jump in 2019. More than 60ps (since Ferrari was cheating, the Renault probably had the biggest peak power) and with the spec-c, they sorted out all the reliability problems.
Their recovery is slow, yes, because they came from further away and had less good facilities, but it would be senseless to write Enstone and Viry off, especially because they are working on the new regulations since a long time ago, and the budget + dyno testing caps suit them perfectly.
Lets wait and see. Last few seasons they barely scored points in half the races and for next year loosing customers. Enstone's last podium is 5 years ago (with a Mercedes PU) and Renault's last real victory is 12 years old, By Alonso.

Renault needs to ace 2022, but there are a lot of big experienced teams going for that same goal and more data.

Wynters
Wynters

I don't think this has been linked (apologies if it has)...

Why Alonso is the best of his generation with Nigel Roebuck. By Peter Windsor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWKqQ_OsqR0

ringo

djos wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 02:43
I know it’s only practice and Ocon missed last season, but Riccardo is dominating him so far by a big margin. I really wasn’t expecting him to be so far in front.
Ocon is starting to show his qualities.
For Sure!!

ringo

ringo wrote:
15 May 2020, 21:06
I think Renault NEED Alonso for next year.
Relative to the other midfield teams they have ended up losing the most. Mclaren got Ricciardo and a Mercedes engine.
Torro Rosso got more redbull parts. Racing Point a pink mercedes etc.
Alonso is maybe the blessing in disguise for them, he can definitely allow them to be best of the rest if the car is well balanced and the engine is reliable; it doesn't even have to be a driveable engine it just needs to have comparable power.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thanks for listening Renault!
For Sure!!

djos

ringo wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 19:11
djos wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 02:43
I know it’s only practice and Ocon missed last season, but Riccardo is dominating him so far by a big margin. I really wasn’t expecting him to be so far in front.
Ocon is starting to show his qualities.
He did a fantastic job in the wet, that’s for sure.
"In downforce we trust"

tangodjango
tangodjango

Wynters wrote:
10 Jul 2020, 11:55
I don't think this has been linked (apologies if it has)...

Why Alonso is the best of his generation with Nigel Roebuck. By Peter Windsor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWKqQ_OsqR0
That's a hagiographic pile of trash. If you've followed his career you would know Peter Roebuck has a few main obsessions from the 80's onwards:
Gilles Villeneuve.
Alain Prost.
Fernando Alonso
Hates Senna, Schumacher and Lewis to some extent.
Rambles on about how long he's been an F1 journalist replete with the usual name-dropping. Has little idea of how to describe the technical characteristics of F1 cars. If you wanted to link to something that praises Alonso you might as well link to Benson's 5 part series atleast that is informative and comes across with some nuance and objectivity (which I never thought I'd say about Benson) in comparison to Roebuck's usual piffle, in this video he even outdoes his usual rubbish by saying that he thinks Fernando is the Numero Uno because he looked the part in driver's attires from the fifties. Also lot's of incessant bleating about why he's a racer. I personally rate Alonso along with MSC,Lewis and now perhaps Max as the great talents since Senna and Prost but honestly just using anything Roebuck says to a discussion is utterly meaningless. He's the definition of a hackneyed journalistic stooge if there was one.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Wynters
Wynters

tangodjango wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 02:49
If you wanted to link to something that praises Alonso you might as well link to Benson's 5 part series atleast that is informative and comes across with some nuance and objectivity (which I never thought I'd say about Benson) in comparison to Roebuck's usual piffle
The link function is right there.

Despite your projections, I passed no comment on whether I thought the video was accurate or not, merely that it was there.

tangodjango
tangodjango

Wynters wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 14:00
tangodjango wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 02:49
If you wanted to link to something that praises Alonso you might as well link to Benson's 5 part series atleast that is informative and comes across with some nuance and objectivity (which I never thought I'd say about Benson) in comparison to Roebuck's usual piffle
The link function is right there.

Despite your projections, I passed no comment on whether I thought the video was accurate or not, merely that it was there.
Totally apologize if it came across as projection, that was absolutely not my intention just laying out a disclaimer for anyone watching that video and Peter Roebuck in general.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Wynters
Wynters

tangodjango wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 14:18
Totally apologize if it came across as projection, that was absolutely not my intention just laying out a disclaimer for anyone watching that video and Peter Roebuck in general.
Thank you, I appreciate the kindness :) .

Mansell89
Mansell89

A more respectable weekend and close enough with the McLarens- some clear heating issues though and they need to resolve this fast if they are to fight McLaren and Racing Point.