[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

Finally, the inevitable, Renault protests against the Pink W10 RP

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/raci ... =widget-22
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

SmallSoldier

Ground Effect wrote:Finally, the inevitable, Renault protests against the Pink W10 RP

It might be best outcome for RP, with a formal protest now in play... If they manage to get the clear from the FIA, which is probably the expectation, then the discussion will hopefully end regarding it’s legality.

On the other hand, what happens if the FIA does find them in a bridge of regulations? They won’t be able to come up with a new car and be out for the season?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

adrianjordan

SmallSoldier wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 19:35
Ground Effect wrote:Finally, the inevitable, Renault protests against the Pink W10 RP

It might be best outcome for RP, with a formal protest now in play... If they manage to get the clear from the FIA, which is probably the expectation, then the discussion will hopefully end regarding it’s legality.

On the other hand, what happens if the FIA does find them in a bridge of regulations? They won’t be able to come up with a new car and be out for the season?

Were there any rules changes that would prevent them running last year's car as a last resort?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

bauc

I'm fully on board with Renault's protest, F1 should be battleground of ideas and concepts not a copy paste championship.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

SmallSoldier

adrianjordan wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Were there any rules changes that would prevent them running last year's car as a last resort?
No, they could run their 2019 car... But, it will hurt them a lot! It wasn’t a particularly good car and with no development year on year, they would be way behind the grid.

The protest is about the brake ducts, they could redesign them and be able to run the W10... But, they will probably lose their points for the first 2 races if deemed illegal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier

bauc wrote:I'm fully on board with Renault's protest, F1 should be battleground of ideas and concepts not a copy paste championship.
Renault has a right to protest it, but I personally don’t feel that their strategy is bad or illegal... As long as they are within the regulations, everything is fair game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manoah2u

haters gonna hate.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

McMika98

bauc wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 22:08
I'm fully on board with Renault's protest, F1 should be battleground of ideas and concepts not a copy paste championship.
Nope actually it should be copy and paste everything so everyone is driving same car, then we can separate the men from the boys.
FIA should give the Merc design from last year to all teams so they can close the gap.

Ground Effect

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

JordanMugen

McMika98 wrote:
12 Jul 2020, 22:40
Nope actually it should be copy and paste everything so everyone is driving same car, then we can separate the men from the boys.
But that's called F2...

ENGINE TUNER

ringo wrote:
11 Jul 2020, 19:11
djos wrote:
04 Jul 2020, 02:43
I know it’s only practice and Ocon missed last season, but Riccardo is dominating him so far by a big margin. I really wasn’t expecting him to be so far in front.
Ocon is starting to show his qualities.
Why did RIC catch up to him on slower tires?

subcritical71

SmallSoldier wrote:

Secret settlement, part deux? #-o :lol:

shotzski

For Renault's sake, I hope they win their protest. I'm not in favor of RP's Pink Mercedes, but if its deemed legal then that should be the end of it. Beat RP on the track. I'm of the assumption that RP would have a hard time developing the car through out the season. So for a team like Renault's size, they should out-develop the opposition

JordanMugen

shotzski wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 03:47
So for a team like Renault's size, they should out-develop the opposition
:? McLaren have consistently been better at that...

For a team that was supposed to closing the gap to the top teams circa 2018, Renault is now only 6th fastest. :|

shotzski

JordanMugen wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 06:24
shotzski wrote:
13 Jul 2020, 03:47
So for a team like Renault's size, they should out-develop the opposition
:? McLaren have consistently been better at that...

For a team that was supposed to closing the gap to the top teams circa 2018, Renault is now only 6th fastest. :|
Yeah. That's why they better win this protest of theirs. Otherwise they will look stupid. Other teams especially Mclaren have moved on from this, and bring all the points they can. That's making a statement.
Renault on the other hand seems to lack a sense of direction. And just decides to do the Redbull route of making any protest possible. Can't wait for the verdict to be published though 😁