[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
chgarciasys

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

selvam_e2002 wrote:I think they RB try to get Mercedes engine first. I do see new williams owner will go to renault. There is a chance as customer team like Ferrari and Hass
Williams living Mercedes? For what reason? Engine is the only thing that avoids a bigger disaster.
I think RB and Renault will shake hands before February 21. No new engine manufacturers... The other 2 have customers already. It's obvious.

Enviado desde mi moto e(6) plus mediante Tapatalk

maxxer

Renault is on state support already, so they might pull the plug also just like Honda

adrianjordan

maxxer wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 07:23
Renault is on state support already, so they might pull the plug also just like Honda
Unlikely IMHO. Even during the financial crisis they kept the Engine side running. With massively decreased costs and the rebranding of the team to Alpine next year, they can probably break even with the new income distribution.

Honda has often come and gone. Renault has been much more stable.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 06:58
I think they RB try to get Mercedes engine first. I do see new williams owner will go to renault. There is a chance as customer team like Ferrari and Hass
I think that there is a chance that Williams goes to Renault (zero chance for 2022). Why would anyone spend resources changing PU manufacturer at a time with everything else going on that year.

Either way it puts RBR and SAT on the back foot for 2022.

diffuser

adrianjordan wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 11:06
maxxer wrote:
Unlikely IMHO. Even during the financial crisis they kept the Engine side running. With massively decreased costs and the rebranding of the team to Alpine next year, they can probably break even with the new income distribution.

Yeah Renault had recommitted to F1 for 5 more years. I see the Alpine move more of a seperation of PU and Chassis. Think they're gonna be Alpine/Renault. So maybe they plan on selling the chassis side or maybe just redistribution of costs.

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 16:30
Yeah Renault had recommitted to F1 for 5 more years. I see the Alpine move more of a seperation of PU and Chassis. Think they're gonna be Alpine/Renault. So maybe they plan on selling the chassis side or maybe just redistribution of costs.
Alpine should take the Red Bull gearbox to cut costs IMO. :)

Big Tea

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 16:32
diffuser wrote:
Do they (Renault) not already have a gearbox? I do not recall it being troublesome either.
Having said that, it does make perfect sense for all the teams using the engine to combine with things like gearbox etc.

I am still wondering why Williams insist on their own when they have been struggling
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
selvam_e2002 wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 06:58
I think they RB try to get Mercedes engine first. I do see new williams owner will go to renault. There is a chance as customer team like Ferrari and Hass
I think that there is a chance that Williams goes to Renault (zero chance for 2022). Why would anyone spend resources changing PU manufacturer at a time with everything else going on that year.

Either way it puts RBR and SAT on the back foot for 2022.
Actually, if Williams were to make a PU change, 2022 would be the year to do it... Get your base design with the new PU and develop/fix from there is easier than having to potentially change concepts due to a PU change

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
adrianjordan wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 11:06
maxxer wrote:

They could have alway sold the Chassis side without rebranding... The move is an smart one for them, Renault as a brand already has plenty of recognition, but Alpine could use additional exposure as a “Sports Brand”, a lot of young individuals don’t have a clue of what Alpine is.

SmallSoldier

Big Tea wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 16:32
diffuser wrote:
Do they (Renault) not already have a gearbox? I do not recall it being troublesome either.
Having said that, it does make perfect sense for all the teams using the engine to combine with things like gearbox etc.

I am still wondering why Williams insist on their own when they have been struggling
I don’t think Renault has a had a single Gearbox failure in the last couple of seasons (which hasn’t been the case for Red Bull), why would Renault change to RBR’s one?

JordanMugen

SmallSoldier wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 16:48
I don’t think Renault has a had a single Gearbox failure in the last couple of seasons (which hasn’t been the case for Red Bull), why would Renault change to RBR’s one?
To save money by forming a partnership, obviously. It is all about saving money! :)

Recall Abiteboul is keen to form close ties to partner teams:
A customer brings you nothing. A partner maybe can bring you some value, the value being in particular that it can help you in reaching a sporting objective or business objective. We know that the [financial] transaction is regulated anyway, so it's mainly from a sporting and technical perspective that we would look at the opportunity.
https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/67813/re ... bull-.html

By using a Red Bull gearbox, Alpine can reduce costs, just as AlphaTauri or Racing Point reduce costs in the same manner.

SmallSoldier

JordanMugen wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
To save money by forming a partnership, obviously. It is all about saving money! :)

A customer brings you nothing. A partner maybe can bring you some value, the value being in particular that it can help you in reaching a sporting objective or business objective. We know that the [financial] transaction is regulated anyway, so it's mainly from a sporting and technical perspective that we would look at the opportunity.

By using a Red Bull gearbox, Alpine can reduce costs, just as AlphaTauri or Racing Point reduce costs in the same manner.
Making money is better than saving money, so in any case, I would expect Renault to sell their Gearboxes to RBR and not the other way around.

diffuser

JordanMugen wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 16:51
SmallSoldier wrote:

We know Renault would be ready for that. RBR on the other hand... I'm not sure.

selvam_e2002

diffuser wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 19:34
JordanMugen wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

I would say, Renault looking for sister team like RB and AT, Ferrari and AlphaRemo.

If that is what Abiteboul meant, then RB and AT are not their first choice and they won't like it.

That's why I said, William is a wonderful chance for parternership.

Jambier

selvam_e2002 wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 05:42
diffuser wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 19:34
JordanMugen wrote:

I would say, Renault looking for sister team like RB and AT, Ferrari and AlphaRemo.

If that is what Abiteboul meant, then RB and AT are not their first choice and they won't like it.

That's why I said, William is a wonderful chance for parternership.
Williams already signed with Mercedes but indeed:

- Since then they were bought by Dorliton
- Honda retires
- Then maybe RB could get a Mercedes and Williams a Renault engine

Williams is far on the grid, with new owner, I think they might be interested in having "Williams Renault" back with gearbox, engine, all rear of the car