[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Morteza

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

can we see same Alonso as he was with F1 before? is two year not in F1 have any implication on his performance. Ric is doing great job. Not sure how close/Match Alonso.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 06:05
can we see same Alonso as he was with F1 before? is two year not in F1 have any implication on his performance. Ric is doing great job. Not sure how close/Match Alonso.
He'll make Ricardo look like Ocon!

I presume he still has it. We will probably not know for sure until middle of 2021. I'd be surprised if he'll come out of the gate in 2021 at his best.

tangodjango
tangodjango

diffuser wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 14:08
selvam_e2002 wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 06:05
He'll make Ricardo look like Ocon!

I presume he still has it. We will probably not know for sure until middle of 2021. I'd be surprised if he'll come out of the gate in 2021 at his best.
At the very best he`s going to be a slight upgrade on Ricciardo. Ricciardo is driving out of his skin at the moment. If he were at Redbull in this form I would not be surprised to see him matching Max. That said if Alonso is still at Singapore 2018 levels of performance Renault have nothing to worry about, they will definitely not be downgrading in any way.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

Jambier

It will be interesting to see if he is still the boss arround F1 game

Alonso was fastest driver in F1 (race) when he leave, but I believe he will be slower when returning.

At the end I expect Renault will have more or less a driver at same level than RIC, and this is a good new, they need a top driver.

Now I'm more worried with Ocon...

tangodjango
tangodjango

Jambier wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 14:34

Alonso was fastest driver in F1 (race) when he leave, but I believe he will be slower when returning.

At the end I expect Renault will have more or less a driver at same level than RIC, and this is a good new, they need a top driver.

He was never the fastest (In his own words and that of his race engineer Andrea Stella) but all around he was pretty much the best with perhaps the highest average in all categories from 2010-2014, from 2017 I believe that has steadily passed to Hamilton. While Alonso was still overall truly elite around 2018 I believe Hamilton has usurped him by now.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Jambier wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 14:34

I agree i think Ocon needs help.... or why not annoy Redbull again and bring in Gasly.. it would fit with the brand?
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Caesar.
Caesar.

Ocon will pip Alonso for the first half of the season, but expecting the latter to make the difference eventually.
Last edited by Caesar. on 12 Oct 2020, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

Big Tea

With Danny going to Mclaren, and them being in the same slice of the table, I predict a Alonso v Danny war on track.
Neither are 'dirty' drivers, but both are willing to use elbows and shoulders, should be good. May even get Max involved too :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

tangodjango
tangodjango

Big Tea wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 16:58
With Danny going to Mclaren, and them being in the same slice of the table, I predict a Alonso v Danny war on track.
Neither are 'dirty' drivers, but both are willing to use elbows and shoulders, should be good. May even get Max involved too :mrgreen:
That would be the ideal scenario but for Max to get involved McLaren and Red Bull would have to make up around half a second in quali pace and around 0.5 second to 1 second in race pace depending on the circuit. That's a tough ask.

Big Tea

tangodjango wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 17:18
Big Tea wrote:
That would be the ideal scenario but for Max to get involved McLaren and Red Bull would have to make up around half a second in quali pace and around 0.5 second to 1 second in race pace depending on the circuit. That's a tough ask.
Or, with the new regs, gain .3 and RbR lose .2
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

diffuser

Big Tea wrote:
I''d love to hear Alonso tell Max " you always need to leave a space!" It would just crack me up. Was it Perez that drove Alonso off the road when Perez was driving for McLaren?

djos

diffuser wrote:
13 Oct 2020, 03:49
Big Tea wrote:
I''d love to hear Alonso tell Max " you always need to leave a space!" It would just crack me up. Was it Perez that drove Alonso off the road when Perez was driving for McLaren?
Who hasnt Perez driven off the road? That would be a short list!
"In downforce we trust"

godlameroso

Caesar. wrote:
12 Oct 2020, 16:56
Ocon will pip Alonso for the first half of the season, but expecting the latter to make the difference eventually.
Alonso will do the same thing he's done to his previous teammates. I place Ocon up there with Raikkonen, Perez, and Hulkenberg. Alonso is on Riccardo's level.
Saishū kōnā

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

How long can Ocon be considered a ‘rookie’... it’s almost a shame they got rid of Hulk. He’s a steady pair of hands.. it will be shame if’ Hulk’s points for TracingPoint count towards the constructors and they beat Renault...
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn