[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Capharol

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

the EDGE wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 17:59
excitement levels are definitely going up this week... but sadly no longer for the Renault launch
mine stays low till AUS GP .... no excitment for car reveal or testing weeks, because no much change and not much to show (only the amount of laps might be interesting)

PowerandtheGlory

That is dissapointing.....
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

the EDGE

Capharol wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 18:53
the EDGE wrote:
excitement levels are definitely going up this week... but sadly no longer for the Renault launch
mine stays low till AUS GP .... no excitment for car reveal or testing weeks, because no much change and not much to show (only the amount of laps might be interesting)
Oh come on.. killjoy... not even a little?

At the very least, tomorrow represents the unofficial start of the season, surely that’s worth just a little excitement, especially for F1T users, at least we’ll finally have something NEW to talk about

Neno

It's no suprise there is no excitement. I mean Renault showed nothing last year they are capable building something great. Last year car was such disaster in terms of development, ideas and it was only saved by Ricciardo's talent, because I otherwise dont believe they would end up even 5th. Likely 6th behind Toro Rosso. It was such terrible car that they sacked technical director just before they started ramping development of this one.

While firing Chester was no brainer move longterm because I wouldnt give him to design my dog's house this put 2020 car into danger. With both 2021 coming on doors, firing TD and now basically no lead name on papers responsible for 2020 car development which btw will be very short one due again 2021. All of this doesnt bold well.

RS20 will be just transitional car because it's simply such year in F1. Which makes it even worse given how much RS19 was crap. That car basically destroyed 2 years of supposed development work. RS20 was supposed to be just improved RS19 while looking at 2021. And that would be ok if RS19 was decent car. But it wasnt.

PowerandtheGlory

Neno wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 06:55
It's no suprise there is no excitement. I mean Renault showed nothing last year they are capable building something great. Last year car was such disaster in terms of development, ideas and it was only saved by Ricciardo's talent, because I otherwise dont believe they would end up even 5th. Likely 6th behind Toro Rosso. It was such terrible car that they sacked technical director just before they started ramping development of this one.

While firing Chester was no brainer move longterm because I wouldnt give him to design my dog's house this put 2020 car into danger. With both 2021 coming on doors, firing TD and now basically no lead name on papers responsible for 2020 car development which btw will be very short one due again 2021. All of this doesnt bold well.

RS20 will be just transitional car because it's simply such year in F1. Which makes it even worse given how much RS19 was crap. That car basically destroyed 2 years of supposed development work. RS20 was supposed to be just improved RS19 while looking at 2021. And that would be ok if RS19 was decent car. But it wasnt.
I don't think this year is transitional- as the rules have stayed the same so most teams should have been allowed to continue correlating the data they'd already gained. In theory the teams should be carrying on from where they left off last year- Yes there will be one eye on 2020- but some of the teams that didn't do so well last year e.g. Renault, Haas, RP.. they will be trying to 'correct' some of the issues they had which knocked them back- these teams have less 'credit in the bank' in terms of their performance from last year.. so 2 bad years is not an option. Certainly Haas and Renault will be keen to improve, Merc cant afford to slip back to Ferrari because that would give the Daimler board something to think about. I think Mclaren are safe, they have investment, an Indy programme, they can maybe afford to 'coast' a little this year after their 4th last year.. and look to 2020 with a new engine partner.. Redbull will push hard to get more wins and get Max the title before he turns 14 years old (joking) LeClerc will want to show up Seb even more and Bottas is driving his last year for Merc.. probably.. Anyway back to Renault, the chassis needs to correct the flaws of last year and justify the investment in the new facilities at Enstone. Its going to be a tough year for Renault if they dont show 'progress'.. If they deliver real gains- they might tempt Ricc to Stay on another year? especially if all the other big teams are locked in to their lead drivers.. going into 2020 cost-cap with 1 confirmed driver and another dire year wouldn't be good..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Neno

I dont know I think everyone knows this car wont be anything worthwhile, including people who actually building car in factory. It has limited life short span, maybe 4 months of development in the car before they switch fully for 2021. A year on which Renault basically bets everything since they got back to F1. They aint gonna jeopardize years of investments for that. RS19 had too much problems to be actually solved. Even people in Enstone acknowledged publicly that design and car philosophy they choose was wrong. Updates didnt work, aero was mess and car was hard to drive.

Someone expecting from Renault to get back on track in 2020 and have more than 5th best car is simply not probable or solvable without cashing extra 300M. Money needed to work simultaneously on two cars. And even that from factory, staff and managment stand point isnt efficient or guarantees they would be succesful.

Capharol

the EDGE wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 19:19
Capharol wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 18:53
the EDGE wrote:
Oh come on.. killjoy... not even a little?

At the very least, tomorrow represents the unofficial start of the season, surely that’s worth just a little excitement, especially for F1T users, at least we’ll finally have something NEW to talk about
no not even a little, i first get excited when the cars start the season in Melbourne, although it might be a dule race as it is every year, but at least there you get to see the real cars and not fake ones like on testing or unfinished like at the presentation

bauc

Anyone know's the time for the launch?
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Jip
Jip

bauc wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 12:40

waynes

bauc wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 12:40
9am 19th Feb

UlleGulle

Is this the first we've heard about the car not being present at the "season opener"?

To me it seems like they missed their deadline and could neither present a car in one piece or have time to fake it with a livery launch. Worrying.

Jambier

UlleGulle wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 18:34
Is this the first we've heard about the car not being present at the "season opener"?

To me it seems like they missed their deadline and could neither present a car in one piece or have time to fake it with a livery launch. Worrying.
And for first week of testing they will not have "the real one" either.
In an other hand, Mercedes had its car on second week also lat year so...

Anyway Abiteboul stated that this year is just a transition. They are focusing on 2021

2020 year really is a season to skip for everyone

bosyber

So, if those teaser pics are showing their true colours, looks like a dark-grey blur - would have preferred a bit more yellow, myself. As for the car, they cannot really afford to not progress noticeably, or risk losing Ricciardo, and the Renault support I think.

Jambier

Livery for testing, real one in Melbourne

NathanOlder

Jambier wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 19:43
Livery for testing, real one in Melbourne
hope so
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.