[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
toraabe

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

The whole package. And now with pure slicks. Even faster. And the engine. At the time those guys in Viry really knew what they did. Just a big shame that Flavio Briatore did cut so much in the budget. You all know where those guys went.

Espresso

Well guess that's all for this season.
Was almost happy with Ric as I forgot he still had to change tires (at lap 40)
Do you feel the need to post, comment or criticize in this forum?
Please substantiate (why, how, what) your reply!
This is no twitter or chatbox but a forum.

Stay friendly and keep away bashing, trolling & baiting from our wonderful technical forum. --> Forum Guide

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

bucker

toraabe wrote:
12 Dec 2020, 22:34
The whole package. And now with pure slicks. Even faster. And the engine. At the time those guys in Viry really knew what they did. Just a big shame that Flavio Briatore did cut so much in the budget. You all know where those guys went.
Faster with slicks. Slicks are generally faster then threaded tyres, bit 2005 tyres had some special chemicals in it, that made them super sticky.

dfegan358

Be interesting to see how Ocon, billed as the next star a few years back, will stack up against Alonso.

Big Tea

dfegan358 wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 18:48
Be interesting to see how Ocon, billed as the next star a few years back, will stack up against Alonso.
I don't think there will be much of contest, and I am not an Alonso fan.
Alonso will have the whole team around him from day one, so any edge available will come his way, and he will have the high ground mentally. Occon will do well just to stay within distance of him, and that is not decrying either driver.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

aMessageToCharlie

Guanyu Zhou +1.569s in the same car. Really looking forward to see the old gun back in F1. It's going to be an honor seeing all these legends (HAM, ALO, VET, RAI) going for one last ride together. This is history being made. The midfield battle will be unbelievable if they deliver.

dfegan358

Big Tea wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 19:12
dfegan358 wrote:
Alonso will have the whole team around him from day one, so any edge available will come his way, and he will have the high ground mentally. Occon will do well just to stay within distance of him, and that is not decrying either driver.
Yeah I agree, I think Alonso will be comfortably ahead whether or not the whole team is around him. I don’t mind Ocon but I just don’t think he has the raw pace many thought he had.

raymondu999

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 19:40
Guanyu Zhou +1.569s in the same car. Really looking forward to see the old gun back in F1. It's going to be an honor seeing all these legends (HAM, ALO, VET, RAI) going for one last ride together. This is history being made. The midfield battle will be unbelievable if they deliver.
I think in general... digressing slightly... F1 has the proven "big guns" all poised to be in good teams.

Ricciardo - McLaren
Hamilton - (??? but probably Merc I guess)
Vettel - Aston Martin
Alonso - Renault
Leclerc - Ferrari
Verstappen - Red Bull

I'm not sure Kimi still is pushing that hard though. I mean on a lap by lap basis he is probably but I don't think today's Kimi would get near the pre-2007 Kimi. But hey the more the merrier if he is!
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

SmallSoldier

raymondu999 wrote:
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
15 Dec 2020, 19:40
I think in general... digressing slightly... F1 has the proven "big guns" all poised to be in good teams.

Ricciardo - McLaren
Hamilton - (??? but probably Merc I guess)
Vettel - Aston Martin
Alonso - Renault
Leclerc - Ferrari
Verstappen - Red Bull

I'm not sure Kimi still is pushing that hard though. I mean on a lap by lap basis he is probably but I don't think today's Kimi would get near the pre-2007 Kimi. But hey the more the merrier if he is!
Even though the disparity between the front and the midfield isn’t going anywhere... 2021 (and 2022) may have one of the strongest line ups in a long time... It will be fun

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

raymondu999

Fwiw, Ross Brawn did say the simulated field spread from the frontrunners to backmarkers in the 2022 regs would be 3/4 of a second — so it should be far less of a disparity
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Mclarensenna

Big Tea wrote:
dfegan358 wrote:
yes i agree. Ocon's confidence will have gotten a boost from the podium sure.
But mentally he surely was feeling it this year as he performed overall below expectations.
It was 15/2 in Qualifying and in races Ric was generally much faster when on the same strategy. This would also give Alonso a big boost mentally as he knows Ocon can and was beaten in 2020

diffuser

Mclarensenna wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 02:37
Big Tea wrote:
dfegan358 wrote:
But mentally he surely was feeling it this year as he performed overall below expectations.
It was 15/2 in Qualifying and in races Ric was generally much faster when on the same strategy. This would also give Alonso a big boost mentally as he knows Ocon can and was beaten in 2020
LOL,Alonso has this "Marvel Hulk" attitude towards his driving team mates... "Puny Driver, Alonso SMASH team mate!"

You got to beleive if anyone was watching Alonso's times in the tests it was Ocon. I'm sure that time that bested Ocon's quali time, scared the bejesuses out of him. Ocon thinking to himself "I've been driving this car all year, He gets in the car 1 day and he's bettering me?"

selvam_e2002

diffuser wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 03:17
Mclarensenna wrote:
18 Dec 2020, 02:37
Big Tea wrote:

LOL,Alonso has this "Marvel Hulk" attitude towards his driving team mates... "Puny Driver, Alonso SMASH team mate!"

You got to beleive if anyone was watching Alonso's times in the tests it was Ocon. I'm sure that time that bested Ocon's quali time, scared the bejesuses out of him. Ocon thinking to himself "I've been driving this car all year, He gets in the car 1 day and he's bettering me?"
That's why we like Alonso. dedication, concentration, learning and hard work.