[ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jambier

Re: [ 2020 ] Renault F1 Team - Renault

They officialy tell it

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

bosyber wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 19:33
So, if those teaser pics are showing their true colours, looks like a dark-grey blur - would have preferred a bit more yellow, myself. As for the car, they cannot really afford to not progress noticeably, or risk losing Ricciardo, and the Renault support I think.
I personally believe Ricciardo isn't there for the long haul.
I doubt Renault is going to overcome their lack compared to the frontrunners in 2021,
and Daniel is too hungry for wins to stay sort of in the midfield.

I can see him going to either Ferrari, Mercedes or even Mclaren in 2021.

Despite Renault opening their wallet quite hefty for Daniel, i think they're going to commit to Ocon.
The only issue is that in 2021, experience does matter, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a Daniel-Valterri swap.

But i am degressing too much into a silly season thread.

Point is, i hardly believe they will progress anything worthwile, and i think Daniel always was there for a relative short-term stay. They won't lose their Renault support, they are putting their cards in for 2021 to make a decent jump.

Livery has been announced before it will be a 'special' testing livery, so this is not what will be seen in Melbourne.

Are there any new big sponsors announced recently though?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Mansell89
Mansell89

I think unless a Ferrari/Merc seat comes up, Dan would be foolish to not look for a one year extension to see how Renault shape up in 2021.

The only other seat I’d be interested in was if McLaren has one come up as they look a team on the improve.

Renault have obviously geared their resources to 2021 and could yet spring a surprise and get much closer to the action.

JordanMugen

Holm86 wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 11:57
Matte black could look good with matte yellow they had a couple of years ago
Indeed matte black and matte gold was the basis of the 2017 livery:

Certainly much more attractive than the current livery, if not as eye catching as the fluorescent yellow.
Manoah2u wrote:
12 Feb 2020, 20:04
Are there any new big sponsors announced recently though?
Given the large support from Shell, Petronas, Ineos and Exxon Mobil on other constructors, why is the BP/Castrol sponsorship on Renault so small!? :wtf:

A larger Castrol sponsorship would be logical, yet Renault cannot seem to sign BP to a major deal. :?:

Wouter

Ricciardo is on his way. :)

The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:44

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8qn1TPlplG/

Looks like Dan is in his Toyota Hilux at home in Australia.

Also it's a really bad look that Renault couldn't manage to hook him up with a nice Renault Alaskan or Nissan Navara! :lol:

mclaren111

Merc Nose...

PlatinumZealot

Caterham?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Jambier

BTW wasn’t it supposed to have a testing livery?

This one is exactly 2019

LM10
LM10

So they've had filming day, but there is only this low quality pic existing? There also has not been a launch even though the new car is ready.
One might get the feeling that Renault have something groundbreaking up their sleeve and desperately want to hide it.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

LM10 wrote:
So they've had filming day, but there is only this low quality pic existing? There also has not been a launch even though the new car is ready.
One might get the feeling that Renault have something groundbreaking up their sleeve and desperately want to hide it.
I don’t think a couple of days would make any substantial difference (showing it before testing)... Although, it would seem that there are definitely a few changes coming from them (starting with the slim nose / mercedes style).

What they are doing is actually pretty smart from a PR perspective, everyone is waiting for their car and by the time they finally unveil it, the novelty and talk of the other cars on the grid will have slowed down a little bit, given them a lot of attention from the media and fans instead of having to share it with everyone else and that boost not lasting much since there was another car coming the following day.

With the regulations as they are and their stability, there doesn’t seem to be a lot of room for ground breaking designs... But hoping that the car looks good when they finally show it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Wouter wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:44

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8qn1TPlplG/
Marketing Man (or Woman) 's Dream... his insta is effortless cool compared to those who try too hard..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Lucky
Lucky

bauc

Does not sound good for the start of the season
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

I think any team losing those senior figures would struggle.. the issues is can they identify why last year's car 'post French GP update' didn't catapult them up the grid like expected. The infrastructure will start to pay dividends at Renault, but Pat fry will hopefully have a hands on role in sense-checking the current car. Either way- Renault (along with a lot of teams) have one eye on 2021.. so unless the car is quick out of the box - and if they are 5-6th fastest by Spain- i expect the resources to all got to 2021... it could be a long season.. Mixed messages as Ocon has been more positive from the factory?
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn