[ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: [ 2020 ] Williams F1 Team - Mercedes

Manoah2u wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:51 am
Let's face it, RP mentioned they are going a 'new direction' and Perez doesn't fit. Then Vettel got announced. Toto has bought a huge stake in RP/AMR. He is friends with Stroll Sr. Toto is concidering his future, and there's substancial plausibility that he is not just able but motivated to go to Aston Martin. He's been in contineous contact with Vettel the moment he was 'released' from Ferrari. Otmar mentioned Vettel never was 'in' and they're happy with Sergio, just moments before that announcement of taking a different 'route'.
I would read that as Otmar being part of something to 'change'.

Otmar is "American," Williams is now 'American' if you may. Otmar is THE guy to lift Williams from it's current slump.

There's a lot to say for that, but in the end, it can be nothing at all either.
Toto bought a "huge" stake? I thought it was 5% which got diluted down to 0.95%...

www.bbc.com/sport/amp/formula1/52336684

Toto has repeatedly said his future is with Mercedes, just he needed to decide whether that was on F1 and in exactly what role. He is highly unlikely to suddenly give up all his responsibilities at Merc and move to a midfield team. Why would he want to?

RP/AM are unlikely to become regular frontrunner any time soon. Even with the new regs and financial structure.

Did Toto sell his shares in Williams as part of the sale?
Since I've ordered an electric car, does that mean I should start watching Formula E?

bosyber
bosyber

adrianjordan wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:49 am
Manoah2u wrote:
Let's face it, RP mentioned they are going a 'new direction' and Perez doesn't fit. Then Vettel got announced. Toto has bought a huge stake in RP/AMR. He is friends with Stroll Sr. Toto is concidering his future, and there's substancial plausibility that he is not just able but motivated to go to Aston Martin. He's been in contineous contact with Vettel the moment he was 'released' from Ferrari. Otmar mentioned Vettel never was 'in' and they're happy with Sergio, just moments before that announcement of taking a different 'route'.

Otmar is "American," Williams is now 'American' if you may. Otmar is THE guy to lift Williams from it's current slump.

Toto bought a "huge" stake? I thought it was 5% which got diluted down to 0.95%...

Toto has repeatedly said his future is with Mercedes, just he needed to decide whether that was on F1 and in exactly what role. He is highly unlikely to suddenly give up all his responsibilities at Merc and move to a midfield team. Why would he want to?

RP/AM are unlikely to become regular frontrunner any time soon. Even with the new regs and financial structure.

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-toto- ... desirably/

Apparently he sold his original 15%,but got the last 5% back because the buyer hadn't paid, but now he can (has? Article is unclear about that) sell it for real this time.

Big Tea

adrianjordan wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 1:49 am
Manoah2u wrote:

If staying with Merc, as he seems to want to do, possibly a constructed position such as 'director of motorsport' would allow him to keep his interest but farm out the day - to - day stuff.
I am very much in favour of filtered water. Preferably passed through a brewery

ScottR267
ScottR267

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Here i was hoping the new owners are going to bring in better sponsors.
What's next, HomeScapes, GardenScapes, Battle of Tanks on the wings?
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

rohan
rohan

Manoah2u wrote:
Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:23 pm
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Here i was hoping the new owners are going to bring in better sponsors.
What's next, HomeScapes, GardenScapes, Battle of Tanks on the wings?
Any sponsor is a good sponsor.

Stop being such a misery-guts.

Morteza

Battle Cats logo on the car :lol:
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

gastonmazzacane

Is it allowed to talk livery here?
If so, it has more black on it now, from the last race :)

Lynx
Lynx

I prefered older, more white livery, but anyway...
Besides livery, have there been any significant upgrades on the FW43 at the last few races?

Wouter