2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Scorpaguy

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 22:39
I hope they contain F1 cars. I also hope they are liveried much differently from these trucks. I furthermore acquiesce to the point the cars will have Renault's (heck all of F1 really) typical unimaginative liveries. My gosh I miss the 1970's.

Manoah2u

I would think they're in test spec liveries, so black. i don't think they'll run the full livery until race 1.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diffuser

Scorpaguy wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 23:48
RedNEO wrote:
16 Feb 2021, 22:39
I hope they contain F1 cars. I also hope they are liveried much differently from these trucks. I furthermore acquiesce to the point the cars will have Renault's (heck all of F1 really) typical unimaginative liveries. My gosh I miss the 1970's.
They make engines at Viry. Not sure why a whole car would be on it's way from there.

101FlyingDutchman

Full dyno?

Blackout

Fabregas implies they are going to Jerez.

Jambier

Manoah2u wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 00:28
I would think they're in test spec liveries, so black. i don't think they'll run the full livery until race 1.
On all videos or pics we can see black/dark blue truck, shirt and so on.

So, I'm more and more conviced that the final delivery will be the one we already see with a few changes :|

RedNEO

Jambier wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 12:53
Manoah2u wrote:
17 Feb 2021, 00:28
On all videos or pics we can see black/dark blue truck, shirt and so on.

So, I'm more and more conviced that the final delivery will be the one we already see with a few changes :|
It’s an open secret the car will be blue. Alpine Twitter has given us plenty of hints with the blue hearts

Not that it matters since black is also a great colour, Mercedes looks better in black.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

Well, a week after his accident! =D>

The Power of Dreams!

anzx

Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen Alonso so determined in a long long time.

Manoah2u

anzx wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 19:37
Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen Alonso so determined in a long long time.
i don't really know to be honest, as it's really only a thing of recent past that people have taken upon it to regularly post on social media what they're doing simply because the 'fanbase' demands/asks more for it or concider it more a case of investors/sponsors knowing 'it helps to sell' and as such, picking up on it.

in other words, he could be just as invested/determined as he has always been, only that now there are more social media posts about it, people pick up on it/it is exposed more.

for example, personally, i haven't seen much in regards to Kimi, and Kimi is notable for his absence of interest in public opinion, but him not 'daily' (yes its an excegeration) posting his training shots doesn't mean he isn't actually training like a beast.

just a thought though.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

diffuser

Manoah2u wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 19:48
anzx wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 19:37
i don't really know to be honest, as it's really only a thing of recent past that people have taken upon it to regularly post on social media what they're doing simply because the 'fanbase' demands/asks more for it or concider it more a case of investors/sponsors knowing 'it helps to sell' and as such, picking up on it.

in other words, he could be just as invested/determined as he has always been, only that now there are more social media posts about it, people pick up on it/it is exposed more.

for example, personally, i haven't seen much in regards to Kimi, and Kimi is notable for his absence of interest in public opinion, but him not 'daily' (yes its an excegeration) posting his training shots doesn't mean he isn't actually training like a beast.

just a thought though.
One thing is certain, we didn't need that picture to know he has big balls!

diffuser

Not sure if you guys are following "the Moving F1 staff"...If you're not,in Alpine news...

-Ben Mallock Deputy Head of Aerodynamics at Alpha Tauri is Deputy Head of Aero at Alpine
-Alpine Chief Designer Martin Tolliday has now retired, Simon Virril has replaced him

-Andy Hallas Lead Composite Design Engineer at Mercedes is now Senior Suspension engineer at Alpine.
-Benjamin Norton Lead Mechanical Design Engineer at Mercedes is now Deputy Chief Designer at Alpine.

Manoah2u

Yeah it's good to see Alpine/Renault is 'investing' a lot in their F1 program. I am also very curious about Mr Suzuki handling the team. I think there's a lot of potential that got lost under Cyril, and I see some positive developments happening. That said, i really doubt it's going to be enough to beat Mercedes.
RedBull has invested gigantically, but so has Ferrari. Neither of them have been -genuinly- been able to fully take on Mercedes.

Mclaren has had some amazing progress, and i'm curious how they'll perform this season, but there's a difference in competing for P2 in the WCC against other competitors, and there's quite the difference in actually being able to get P1.

Simply put, Alonso and Ferrari partnered up quite profoundly but could NOT beat Vettel @ RBR in their might.
Then, Vettel and Ferrari partnered up quite profoundly but could NOT beat Hamilton @ Merc in their might.

Come close, yes. Very close, yes. But beat them or be on the same level? no, unfortunately, no.

2021, and subsequentially 2022, do have some interesting cards on the table though.

Alonso @ Alpine
Vettel @ Aston
Perez @ RBR
Mick @ Haas
DannyRic @ Mclaren
Carlos @ Ferrari

I would really would have liked to see

Russell @ Mercedes

in that mix though. for 2021.

I think that the above list will be the same for 2022,
with the exception that it's unlikely Russell won't be in the 2022 Mercedes seat.

However, i'd argue that the 'biggest' 2 question marks that's growing now for 2022 are these:

What will Max do?
What will Lewis do?

Mateo