2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ME4ME

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 01:07
Not every race car runs without fans, F1 is so extreme that the cars only sit still for 2.5 seconds in the pits and 30-45 seconds at the race start. Loads of other race/rally cars run a fan because in reality a lot of other formula cars run in more varied conditions. Some junior formula cars are fitted with fans because owners dont have fully prepped teams of engineers to monitor engine temp.
The other piece of logic is that is the car has the space- fit a fan. (F1 cars dont have the space) and Because a race engine is highly strung and costs ££££ to rebuild if you cook it. - add an electric fan for a few hundred quid- to protect your 50 grand engine. It would be a false economy..(like buying a 50 grand car but fitting budget tyres) But yes your right- once a race car goes into private ownership- creature comforts are often added to allow the owner more flexibility when using the car.. servo brakes, better cooling, power steering, interior lights...
Read that in Fernando's voice :D
All the time you have to leave the space

dr_cooke

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 01:07
JordanMugen wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 21:45
Blackout wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 14:51
This should be a good compromise
https://www.motorsportretro.com/2018/02 ... -for-sale/
Looks nice!

Why are there cooling fans on a racing car!? :?:
https://3f9r0i2k7ubg3w6ysq87ndd1-wpengi ... 220-10.jpg

Edit -- Or have they been retrofitted to avoid the inconvenience of needing to bring leaf blowers to historic demonstration events? :wtf:
Not every race car runs without fans, F1 is so extreme that the cars only sit still for 2.5 seconds in the pits and 30-45 seconds at the race start. Loads of other race/rally cars run a fan because in reality a lot of other formula cars run in more varied conditions. Some junior formula cars are fitted with fans because owners dont have fully prepped teams of engineers to monitor engine temp.
The other piece of logic is that is the car has the space- fit a fan. (F1 cars dont have the space) and Because a race engine is highly strung and costs ££££ to rebuild if you cook it. - add an electric fan for a few hundred quid- to protect your 50 grand engine. It would be a false economy..(like buying a 50 grand car but fitting budget tyres) But yes your right- once a race car goes into private ownership- creature comforts are often added to allow the owner more flexibility when using the car.. servo brakes, better cooling, power steering, interior lights...

In fact no race car is allowed to race with fans today. Fans not allowed in the circuits in most of the world...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouter

Fernando Alonso will take no part in Alpine's 2021 Formula 1 car launch next week as he continues his preparations for the new season following a cycling accident.

"We regret to confirm that Fernando Alonso will not be present for the media Q&A on this occasion," the team stated.

"The sanitary situation and corresponding regulations in place do not allow him to do any communications and marketing activities while he undertakes his critical season preparation.

"We will instead publish a Q&A with Fernando for media use and he will be available for media in Bahrain for official pre-season testing."

The virtual launch will be conducted from the UK, but the existing travel restrictions in place mean that elite sportsmen travelling from overseas can only avoid self-isolation to attend competitive events.
The Power of Dreams!

Macklaren

Hmmmm...he cannot Zoom? seems fishy. But hope he's back in the car for the test

Manoah2u

Wouter wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 18:30

Fernando Alonso will take no part in Alpine's 2021 Formula 1 car launch next week as he continues his preparations for the new season following a cycling accident.

"We regret to confirm that Fernando Alonso will not be present for the media Q&A on this occasion," the team stated.

"The sanitary situation and corresponding regulations in place do not allow him to do any communications and marketing activities while he undertakes his critical season preparation.

"We will instead publish a Q&A with Fernando for media use and he will be available for media in Bahrain for official pre-season testing."

The virtual launch will be conducted from the UK, but the existing travel restrictions in place mean that elite sportsmen travelling from overseas can only avoid self-isolation to attend competitive events.
still some toothache i guess
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diffuser

Manoah2u wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 23:00
Wouter wrote:
26 Feb 2021, 18:30

still some toothache i guess
Or getting into the UK.

Mateo

He is the graphic designer of the car, so he can’t hardly say anything else.

Last edited by Mateo on 27 Feb 2021, 16:21, edited 3 times in total.

Manoah2u

Mateo wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 12:39
He is the graphic designer of the car, so he can’t hardly say anything else.

I'm very happy for Sean. To do what you love, and then get discovered by what you love,
and then to actually do what you love for real, and actually get paid for it, is a dream come true.

Sean i think is the 'modern' embodyment of dreams coming true. very happy for this man.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Blackout

I modified the original and 'The Race' livery a bit :P

silver

Blackout wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 21:43
I modified the original and 'The Race' livery a bit :P
https://i.imgur.com/ilhyOKu.jpg
Will they go matte livery, which is becoming a trend?

adrianjordan

I hope not. I want more shiny cars lol
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

PowerandtheGlory

I just hope its a radical design.. not safe and predictable.. all thr online concepts and renders usually end up better than the car itself..!
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Mateo

Which one do you like ?
Which one would you like ?

RedNEO

Alonso releases first video after accident

RedNEO

Mateo wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 20:29
Which one do you like ?