2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PowerandtheGlory
PowerandtheGlory

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

nacho wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 11:29
Has it been confirmed that Alonso's deployment issue was not caused by the overheating brakes?
Or more importantly did they need to change anything on the engine? I would ecpect thr brakes to fry if engine harvesting had failed.
Think Danny Ricc in monaco..
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

GoranF1
GoranF1

The question is WHEN did problems started? Before entire field overtook Alonso or when he was in P7.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

nacho
nacho

There was a sandwich wrapping stuck in the brake cooling duct.

diffuser

“After his first stop we had a small issue that forced us to reduce the performance of the car, then after the second stop, a sandwich wrap paper got stuck inside the rear brake duct of Fernando’s car, which led to high temperatures and caused some damage to the brake system, so we retired him for safety reasons.

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2021 ... ed+Flag%29

RedNEO

It’s all sandwich wrappers under bridge as far as I’m concerned! 😉

Let’s get them next time!

FW17

How many days are alpine doing with their 19 car on 18inch tyres

I hope they do a lot more private tests with Alonso with some 18inch Michelin or Dunlop so that the suspension is well sorted for next year.

FW17

I hope they test the 19 car with next year's suspension for like everyday like in the testing era.

They really need some innovation in the mechanical grip area for next year.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 13:54
It’s all sandwich wrappers under bridge as far as I’m concerned! 😉

Let’s get them next time!

:)

I thought it was important to re-note to a few people that they had 2 issues.

GoranF1
GoranF1

AMuS says Alpine wears tyres fast..
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

FW17 wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 15:47
I hope they test the 19 car with next year's suspension for like everyday like in the testing era.

Not sure you can test development parts, like you can’t run next years engine in the ‘19 car.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

I like looking at the the top speed at the finish line and at the speed trap on tracks like Bahrain where the Speed trap is at the end of the start finish straight. This track is less interesting cause that straight isn't that long. You can still who's running more DF cause of the higher speeds at the finish line.

From that I can see that the Ferraris are still struggling for power. They have low DF and still low top speed at the speed trap. Look at Vettel, that car is off the charts ...to bad it doesn't have a good driver. That car looks to be running lots of DF and still hits the high top speed, so little drag. Same with AT...still it is only 1 type of corner, they maybe struggling on other types of corners....

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 19:29
FW17 wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 15:47

Not sure you can test development parts, like you can’t run next years engine in the ‘19 car.
Yeah, it has to be the 2019 car, plain and simple.

FW17

Last year Alonso was running the 18 car, in the past stroll was running an old williams in private tests, don't think there is any restrictions on what you run in an old car.

Juzh

diffuser wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 00:01
I like looking at the the top speed at the finish line and at the speed trap on tracks like Bahrain where the Speed trap is at the end of the start finish straight. This track is less interesting cause that straight isn't that long. You can still who's running more DF cause of the higher speeds at the finish line.

From that I can see that the Ferraris are still struggling for power. They have low DF and still low top speed at the speed trap. Look at Vettel, that car is off the charts ...to bad it doesn't have a good driver. That car looks to be running lots of DF and still hits the high top speed, so little drag. Same with AT...still it is only 1 type of corner, they maybe struggling on other types of corners....

https://i.ibb.co/PzTq0F3/Screenshot-fro ... -42-48.png
Vettel and Stroll are too far apart in speed traps. This means Vettel had a slipstream at some point. I checked in F1TV and he was very close to bottas on his last Q1 Lap down the main straight, at less than 1s gap. Stroll's top speed is a proper representation, Vettel's is not.
Same story with Mazepin, he's 10 kmh faster than Schumacher, which is obviously not possible. He had a big slipstream behind Latifi because for whatever reason he just followed him too close for their first Q1 runs. Probably not realising how much space you need to not get affected by dirty air.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

FW17 wrote:
03 Apr 2021, 03:19
Last year Alonso was running the 18 car, in the past stroll was running an old williams in private tests, don't think there is any restrictions on what you run in an old car.
Testing of Previous Cars (TPC) shall be defined as any track running time, not part of an Event, in which a Competitor entered in the Championship participates (or in which a third party participates on behalf of a Competitor or a supplier of a homologated power unit), using cars which were designed and built in order to comply with the Formula One Technical Regulations of any of the three calendar years falling immediately prior to the calendar year preceding the Championship. No Competitor may sell or make available any such car to any third party without the prior authorisation of the FIA.
TPC may only be carried out with cars built to the specification of the period and only tyres manufactured specifically for this purpose may be used.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.