2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
GM7

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

radosav wrote:
04 May 2021, 16:40
https://twitter.com/AlpineF1Team/status ... 42144?s=20
he looks and sounds different, more like Javier Bardem , maybe due to jaw injury🤔
I thought the same thing when i watched this video, a very strange feeling, same but different 🤔

diffuser

GM7 wrote:
04 May 2021, 21:57
radosav wrote:
he looks and sounds different, more like Javier Bardem , maybe due to jaw injury🤔
I thought the same thing when i watched this video, a very strange feeling, same but different 🤔
Everything is a fresh challenge now for neo Alonso, he has to relearn stuff. It's all fresh. The last 7 years of Alonso 1, he got bored and disenchanted with F1. He left Ferrari to be refreshed and it was a disaster for both.

PlatinumZealot

Yes, deeper voice and bit of gurgling and more rolling of his Rs. I can see a slight dimple of where the plates are in his Jaw too.. It is amazing that he can still compete at such a high level.

I predicted that he would be a little slower than Ocon and he is, but he will be back to an elite level if not his level in a few races time.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌
🟤🟤 Coco puffs are my favourite too! 🟤🟤

radosav

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 May 2021, 22:36
Yes, deeper voice and bit of gurgling and more rolling of his Rs. I can see a slight dimple of where the plates are in his Jaw too.. It is amazing that he can still compete at such a high level.

I predicted that he would be a little slower than Ocon and he is, but he will be back to an elite level if not his level in a few races time.
there is article about drivers who switched teams this year and their problems to adapt due to lack of testing and lack of traveling to team simulator location, because of covid and you can see those drivers suffering and have same problems with new car (Ricciardo, Alonso, Vettel, Perez, Sainz)

RedNEO

Alpine updates are at 2:21

RedNEO

radosav wrote:
Sounds and looks from the setting like this was shot earlier in the season because just a few days ago he didn’t sound so deep and fresh from the accident.

RedNEO

Tooooom

Good times in FP2, this gives me hope they can do well in the race!

RedNEO

I’m relieved that Portimao wasn’t just a one off and the car has genuine pace now, they need to get both cars in the top ten tomorrow hopefully.

Alonso is starting to look more comfortable. I think he could have got more out of his soft lap run because most of the session he was 2 tenths faster than Ocon but to only end up half a tenth off Ocon is a good improvement from previous Fridays. He had strong long run pace which is the good.

Unf

Interview with Budkowski - you can set on english subtitles of course (originally adedd, not translator).

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:
07 May 2021, 16:18
I’m relieved that Portimao wasn’t just a one off and the car has genuine pace now, they need to get both cars in the top ten tomorrow hopefully.

Alonso is starting to look more comfortable. I think he could have got more out of his soft lap run because most of the session he was 2 tenths faster than Ocon but to only end up half a tenth off Ocon is a good improvement from previous Fridays. He had strong long run pace which is the good.

You're counting Chickens before the eggs have hatched !!!!

it can still all change tomorrow.

Pretty hard to pass in Spain, it all depends on Quali and race start.

diffuser

RedNEO wrote:

He set his best S1 sector time, .1 faster, came 2 laps later. I mean his best S1 sector was not on his best lap.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
07 May 2021, 18:22
RedNEO wrote:

You're counting Chickens before the eggs have hatched !!!!

it can still all change tomorrow.

Pretty hard to pass in Spain, it all depends on Quali and race start.
Not at all. They will need to take a big step from Friday to Saturday otherwise they won’t be in the top 10 fight I know. But the good thing is they don’t think it’s the ultimate pace since they were testing updates so if they can put it all together and make the step tomorrow they can fight to be in the top ten.

RedNEO

diffuser wrote:
07 May 2021, 18:26
RedNEO wrote:

He set his best S1 sector time, .1 faster, came 2 laps later. I mean his best S1 sector was not on his best lap.
The important thing forgetting the lap time is how he was throwing the car around. He seemed more on top of it. He also said this is the first weekend he doesn’t have jaw pain.. that will make a difference as well.

RedNEO

Track temp might play a key role.. they were a bit faster than FP1 but slower than FP2.. either way Q3 seems a little out of reach with both cars setting nearly identical times. Just have to hope they find something before Q