2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Andres125sx

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

selvam_e2002 wrote:
09 May 2021, 17:12
GP2 GP2 Driver from Alpine to Alonso...... As you sow so shall you read.....After 4 years. :D :D :D :D
GP2 strategy from Alonso to Alpine would be more accurate :wink:

JordanMugen

diffuser wrote:
09 May 2021, 16:49
Can't loose site of the fact that this is a preparation year for next year. So hopefully they're a young team that is learning.
Renault have been racing since 2016! Surely the pit stops and strategy should be spot-on by this point... The former Lotus team had quite good strategy that saw Grosjean and Raikkonen take many podiums. :wink:

Encouraging that the car has pace though. Strange that Alpine did not announce the wind tunnel correlation issues at the car launch or during pre-season testing. Instead letting everyone make fun of the huge airbox and undercut sidepods and (wrongly) think Alpine had made a poor choice of concept, differing as they do from the rest of the grid. :shock:

radosav wrote:
09 May 2021, 23:04
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... ing_setup/
well old man needs more time but he will be on top of it
It's also possible Ocon is even more of an ace than thought, no? :)

Alpine will have to present a contract quick smart to stop Mercedes poaching Ocon back!

radosav

JordanMugen wrote:
10 May 2021, 08:40
diffuser wrote:
Can't loose site of the fact that this is a preparation year for next year. So hopefully they're a young team that is learning.
Renault have been racing since 2016! Surely the pit stops and strategy should be spot-on by this point... The former Lotus team had quite good strategy that saw Grosjean and Raikkonen take many podiums. :wink:

Encouraging that the car has pace though. Strange that Alpine did not announce the wind tunnel correlation issues at the car launch or during pre-season testing. Instead letting everyone make fun of the huge airbox and undercut sidepods and (wrongly) think Alpine had made a poor choice of concept, differing as they do from the rest of the grid. :shock:

radosav wrote:

Alpine will have to present a contract quick smart to stop Mercedes poaching Ocon back!
everything is possible, time will tell 😉

diffuser

JordanMugen wrote:
10 May 2021, 08:40
diffuser wrote:

radosav wrote:

We're better than most on the pit stop side. There are teams with a better pedigree with worst pitstop times. McLaren for example.

There was as article about Alonso being Godfather to everyone that went on to talk about how young the Alpine technical team in Enstone is now. Apparently it's been reguvinated and is now stocked full of very young tallent.

radosav

Alonso's story is simple.
He is a racer and a champion, one of the best. He feels he has unfinished busines in F1 so he decided to come back.
Will he be old agressive Fernando we will see.
In every case racers like him need to have some sort of closure or proof that his time is passed and younger drivers are faster.
I admire him for his fantastic races in past years, if he doesn't come to that level again i will not respect him less.

Andres125sx

radosav wrote:
10 May 2021, 15:06
He is a racer and a champion, one of the best. He feels he has unfinished busines in F1 so he decided to come back.
In every case racers like him need to have some sort of closure or proof that his time is passed and younger drivers are faster.
I admire him for his fantastic races in past years, if he doesn't come to that level again i will not respect him less.
Well said =D> =D>

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
10 May 2021, 19:41
radosav wrote:
10 May 2021, 15:06
Well said =D> =D>

I agree, we can't keep harping on it week in week out, it's just so boring. Especially since we never really expected much this year. The plan is on next year to race for victories. It was the same thing with ocon last year. everyone was bitching an moaning about him race after race. It took him a while but he got up to speed and started challenging Ricciardo. He had sat out 1 year too.

radosav

btw, alonso incident in last lap at last corner, when williams spun, alonso was chasing fastest lap , and he was very fast, but last corner incident messed it up

GoranF1

Here is what is going to happen. And remeber my words.
Ocon will beat Alonso all year long.
In the last few races of 2021 Alonso will be very close.
In 2022, Renault will have a very good car.
Alonso will do to Ocon exzactly the same as to Vandoorne, Massa, Piquet and co.
I predict Alonso to beat Ocon by 50 - 70 points in 2022. and fight for championship.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Miha_v

I think Fernando is a great all-around driver in general, quick to adapt. This might sound a bit strange in the current situation, but keep in mind Ocon has been racing here for a while and is better accustomed to current regulation cars (let alone ex-Renault team itself), while spaniard has been missing for two years. Even drivers that just switched seats are still not exactly "there" yet, he needs a few more races IMO.

Under new rules and with a completely different car design, I expect Fernando to adapt very quickly - and if the car delivers, he will be in a very good position in 2022.

gshevlin

My prediction is that we will see a situation unfold similar to the Rosberg-Schumacher scenario at Mercedes in 2010-2012. Ocon will be slightly faster consistently than Alonso.
Alonso has not been out of F1 as long as Schumacher, but there comes a time when the spirit is still willing, but the body is not quite responsive enough.
If you want to see how age catches up with a competitor, look at MotoGP, where the great Valentino Rossi is now way down the field most of the time. There was a time when by common consent in MotoGP there was Valentino Rossi, and then a gap to everybody else. Those days are long gone.

Andres125sx

gshevlin wrote:
12 May 2021, 07:23
My prediction is that we will see a situation unfold similar to the Rosberg-Schumacher scenario at Mercedes in 2010-2012. Ocon will be slightly faster consistently than Alonso.
Alonso has not been out of F1 as long as Schumacher, but there comes a time when the spirit is still willing, but the body is not quite responsive enough.
If you want to see how age catches up with a competitor, look at MotoGP, where the great Valentino Rossi is now way down the field most of the time. There was a time when by common consent in MotoGP there was Valentino Rossi, and then a gap to everybody else. Those days are long gone.
Schumacher didn´t race when he was out of F1 for two years, Alonso raced Lemans, Daytona, Indy (twice), Dakar... Not comparable

Rossi is 3 years older than Alonso, so if we want to compare, let´s do it with 2018 MotoGP championship. There Rossi (Yamaha) was third, only behind Marquez (Honda) and Dovizioso (Ducati). Could be said he was best of the rest so I see no reason to assume Alonso can´t be as competitive as previously

But this season is being very difficult for all those drivers who drive for a new team, even if they were in F1 past season. Perez, Ricciardo, Vettel, Sainz.... all of them are suffering, and they´re not newbies exactly, probably some of the best drivers in current grid but since F1 is the only sport were practicing is banned, the start of the season for all of those driving a new car is being very difficult. Obviously for Alonso should be even more difficult after two years out of F1

Be patient, he´ll be back soon

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Kvyats IG story. Only for 23 h available. Kvyat on track for Pirelli.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/danyd ... 707175637/
The Power of Dreams!

RedNEO

I wonder what updates they can bring to improve race pace because the car seems to have better qualifying pace than race pace.