2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
charliesmithhd

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

Macklaren wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 14:57
charliesmithhd wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 14:53
It’s been leaked already, I miss the days when the first time we saw the car was when it was launched, but oh well https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvjjCzBXYAA ... ame=medium
It’s been doing the rounds on Twitter, all I know it’s that sometimes for promos and such teams don’t select a certain driver and don’t include driver numbers. Could be fake, but it sure is a good one if that’s the case

Is this real? there is no number on the nose and I've never seen a car launch photo with a (fake) driver in it?

Manoah2u

I don't belive it is real. the airbox in the sneak preview shots (with the brit flag) has neon yellow in it, and no BWT logo on the nose, AND the mirror mounts/sidepod 'pillars' are different. I don't believe it to be real. i think it's a fake render by some fan that made it after hearing BWT stays and the car will have some accents.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

charliesmithhd wrote:
It’s been leaked already, I miss the days when the first time we saw the car was when it was launched, but oh well https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvjjCzBXYAA ... ame=medium
If real i am dissapointed. Lol. But what should I expect anyways. Token system and all.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

101FlyingDutchman

Thought it was a W10...

Manoah2u

Ugh i stand corrected. Here i was waiting for the livery i was anticipating most of all teams and cars and we've been given the most bland, boring and disappointing livery ever. the pink really doesn't go well. definately would have been better if it was neon yellow, but even then it's disappointing.

all this could have happened and we got this bland product
Last edited by Manoah2u on 03 Mar 2021, 17:16, edited 2 times in total.
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Macklaren

charliesmithhd wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 15:02
Macklaren wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 14:57
charliesmithhd wrote:
It’s been doing the rounds on Twitter, all I know it’s that sometimes for promos and such teams don’t select a certain driver and don’t include driver numbers. Could be fake, but it sure is a good one if that’s the case

Is this real? there is no number on the nose and I've never seen a car launch photo with a (fake) driver in it?
huh -- so this "leak" was the real deal after all!

Manoah2u

im astonished too, yeah.

Manoah2u

even the old caterham livery looked so much better

FW17

Manoah2u

geesh almost the stripe is a direct Merc copy

Manoah2u

F me
just altered the pink to neon yellow, look HOW GOOD IT WOULD HAVE BEEN

gastonmazzacane

Manoah2u wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 17:29
F me
I agree. Would prever yellow lines. But maybe they didn't want to look like that early Maylasia/Lotus/Caterham.
Now they look like Jaguar, but without white :D

Manoah2u

gastonmazzacane wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 17:38
Manoah2u wrote:
03 Mar 2021, 17:29
F me
I agree. Would prever yellow lines. But maybe they didn't want to look like that early Maylasia/Lotus/Caterham.
Now they look like Jaguar, but without white :D
i'm pretty sure they just 'last minute' fixed the neon yellow to BWT pink because BWT couldn't find a good deal with another team and crawled back.

hell, all they needed to do is just do a pink underline below 'BWT' and it would have been great enough.

Manoah2u

FIXED

Schuttelberg

Absolutely gorgeous livery. I really wish that pink wasn't there. The neon as suggested by some others is a bit better but an all green with white imprints would have made this the best livery in decades for me.

After some of the stunners Merc has provided in terms of liveries, this is one of my favourites. I'm also a bit sad to see the pink go although I hated it when it came. May be BWT should go to Williams or something. It would give another unique colour on the grid and fix the AM.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"