2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

MtthsMlw wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 12:44
214270 wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 12:25
Media still haven’t reported on this yet? Very slow
Because it's fake.
That makes sense & that’s a really good chop. I don’t know if everyone saw that Tom Cruise thing going around the internet last week but that got me too. These fakes are scary good now
Team ANTI-HYPE. Prove it, then I’ll anoint you.

senja

You know what is wrong with that photo? That front wing behind the car.

MtthsMlw

senja wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 19:08
You know what is wrong with that photo? That front wing behind the car.
Also no one in the car and here is the original :D

Manoah2u

that's pretty funny, gotta admit :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

JordanMugen

MtthsMlw wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 12:44
Because it's fake.
I do prefer that elegant Aston Martin typeface for the race numbers, instead of the Racing Point type numbers they are actually using. Albeit the Racing Point style numbers are very large and clear.

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 02:06
This car certainly looks like it should bring Vettel in to the mix this season.
I still Stroll will be the faster driver and team leader, or at least even with Vettel. There is nothing much to show Vettel being more of an ace than Stroll, apart from beating not-very-good-on-Pirellis Webber and near-retirement Raikkonen. When racing against Ricciardo and Leclerc, Vettel did not show the abilities of a top F1 ace.

MKlaus

JordanMugen wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 02:30
I still Stroll will be the faster driver and team leader, or at least even with Vettel. There is nothing much to show Vettel being more of an ace than Stroll, apart from beating not-very-good-on-Pirellis Webber and near-retirement Raikkonen. When racing against Ricciardo and Leclerc, Vettel did not show the abilities of a top F1 ace.
stroll was outperformed by hulk last year when he jumped in the car without a lot of practice. to say, stroll would be faster just shows total dislike for vettel. if stroll outperforms vettel, then he is in the league of Leclerc. it's that simple.

Morteza

For the Vettel fans :)

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

PowerandtheGlory

MKlaus wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 07:42
JordanMugen wrote:
stroll was outperformed by hulk last year when he jumped in the car without a lot of practice. to say, stroll would be faster just shows total dislike for vettel. if stroll outperforms vettel, then he is in the league of Leclerc. it's that simple.
This is an interesting debate, and actually the vettel signing is genius by Stroll snr for this reason: if vettel performs then the team will move forward bevause Seb is a good qualifier and in clear air a fast driver. If he is weak and Lance beats him- lance will shake off that ‘only here cos daddy paid for me’ image by beating a 4 time champ- and he will grow and get confident- seb fades into retirement to be replaced by any number of talented drivers- i called it first- Russell because he will stay in the merc household at Aston and a british driver will be great for the brand. Alltogther a great bit of business by Stroll Snr- but i guess he knows whats he’s doing! I think vettel may become the sacrifical lamb to boost Lance’s career... just saying
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Morteza

Last edited by Morteza on 05 Mar 2021, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

MtthsMlw

Looks like the AMR21 won't be the only green car

grubschumi13

MKlaus wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 07:42
JordanMugen wrote:
Agree the comments just read like they come from a complete dislike for Vettel rather than an actual attempt to speculate how the season will turn out.
There is nothing much to show Vettel being more of an ace than Stroll
Vettel has 4 world titles.

Let's wait for the season

NAPI10

Teamware clearly suggests , fluorescent green lining on car replaced by 'Pink' to support BWT.

LM10

JordanMugen wrote:
I suspect you'll be hugely surprised (or rather disappointed in your case) at the end of the season when Vettel will have comfortably beaten Stroll.

Macklaren

NAPI10 wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 17:47
Teamware clearly suggests , fluorescent green lining on car replaced by 'Pink' to support BWT.
I don't hate the pink highlight but this merch only makes it painfully obvious that the neon green would have been so much better. I wouldn't be surprised if they tweaked the livery half way through the season

PS: OUTRAGEOUS pricing on the merch tho. I thought McL was expensive but this is insane. $50 for a hat?

illario

Would there be any aero benefit using the bulge for directing a 'mellow' vortex to help where the fin ends.

Im thinking about what we saw in Turkey after a rainy and muddy race, the lines of the halo continued all the way to the back of the car.