2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

Morteza wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 14:14
For the Vettel fans :)

Great picture of Vettel, green looks good on him. Thanks @Morteza!
The Power of Dreams!

foofykid

I want that jacket

Zynerji

foofykid wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 22:17
I want that jacket
I could see a jacket and cap in my near future as well...

Manoah2u

MtthsMlw wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 15:58
Looks like the AMR21 won't be the only green car
https://cdn.carbuzz.com/gallery-images/ ... 819197.jpg
nice, thank the lord these don't have that useless pink
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

raymondu999

Has it been confirmed who Vettel’s engineer will be? Is it Checo’s old guy?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

JordanMugen

LM10 wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 18:48
JordanMugen wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 02:30
I still Stroll will be the faster driver and team leader, or at least even with Vettel. There is nothing much to show Vettel being more of an ace than Stroll, apart from beating not-very-good-on-Pirellis Webber and near-retirement Raikkonen. When racing against Ricciardo and Leclerc, Vettel did not show the abilities of a top F1 ace.
I suspect you'll be hugely surprised (or rather disappointed in your case) at the end of the season when Vettel will have comfortably beaten Stroll.
I'll be very surprised if that happens! ;)

There's a good reason Red Bull choose Perez instead of Vettel after all (they think Perez is the better prospect at the moment), and Perez didn't comfortably beat Stroll all the time. [Stroll is rather good! Remember Stroll on pole? All those Stroll podiums too. :) ]

grubschumi13 wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 16:09
Vettel has 4 world titles.
Horner and Newey were genuinely extremely concerned that Vettel would be at sea (perhaps nearly to the extent of Gasly or Albon) with his dislike of rear end instability, and they just couldn't bring themselves to put him in the second RBR, as much as Matchetiz may have wanted to bring the golden child home. :)

LM10 wrote:
(or rather disappointed in your case) at the end of the season when Vettel will have comfortably beaten Stroll.
I don't have anything against Vettel by the way (I'm happy to cheer anyone on against Mercedes, including cheering on Vettel in a Ferrari), but you seem to have a short memory of how comprehensively Ricciardo and Leclerc defeated Vettel despite folks predicting the opposite outcome before those seasons began...

Stroll is rather good. You'll see. ;) Stroll and Vettel will probably be about equal on pace, much like Stroll and Perez were about equal.

If Vettel is so much superior to Perez, then Red Bull have made a mistake -- but I don't think Red Bull have! :) Plenty of pundits think it's Aston Martin making the mistake by dropping reliable Perez...

lh13

JordanMugen wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 15:26
LM10 wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 02:30
I still Stroll will be the faster driver and team leader, or at least even with Vettel. There is nothing much to show Vettel being more of an ace than Stroll, apart from beating not-very-good-on-Pirellis Webber and near-retirement Raikkonen. When racing against Ricciardo and Leclerc, Vettel did not show the abilities of a top F1 ace.
I suspect you'll be hugely surprised (or rather disappointed in your case) at the end of the season when Vettel will have comfortably beaten Stroll.
I'll be very surprised if that happens! ;)

There's a good reason Red Bull choose Perez instead of Vettel after all (they think Perez is the better prospect at the moment), and Perez didn't comfortably beat Stroll all the time. [Stroll is rather good! Remember Stroll on pole? All those Stroll podiums too. :) ]

grubschumi13 wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 16:09
Vettel has 4 world titles.
Horner and Newey were genuinely extremely concerned that Vettel would be at sea (perhaps nearly to the extent of Gasly or Albon) with his dislike of rear end instability, and they just couldn't bring themselves to put him in the second RBR, as much as Matchetiz may have wanted to bring the golden child home. :)

LM10 wrote:
(or rather disappointed in your case) at the end of the season when Vettel will have comfortably beaten Stroll.
I don't have anything against Vettel by the way (I'm happy to cheer anyone on against Mercedes, including cheering on Vettel in a Ferrari), but you seem to have a short memory of how comprehensively Ricciardo and Leclerc defeated Vettel despite folks predicting the opposite outcome before those seasons began...

Stroll is rather good. You'll see. ;) Stroll and Vettel will probably be about equal on pace, much like Stroll and Perez were about equal.

If Vettel is so much superior to Perez, then Red Bull have made a mistake -- but I don't think Red Bull have! :) Plenty of pundits think it's Aston Martin making the mistake by dropping reliable Perez...
I don't necessarily disagree with you, but look at it this way.

If Today's Perez was Vettel's teammate for 2010-2013, do you think Perez would be a 4 time world champion? I don't think so. When the car suited Vettel, nobody could touch him. Similarly, if the new AM car suits Vettel, he'll be head and shoulders above Stroll (and Perez's performance of 2020), if not, then 2020 all over again. Perez was perhaps selected by RedBull because the think he can tame a 'difficult' car and Vettel cannot, so Perez suited them, but Vettel is a faster driver when the car suits him.

MKlaus

JordanMugen wrote:
There's a good reason Red Bull choose Perez instead of Vettel after all (they think Perez is the better prospect at the moment),
maybe aston martin think other way round and that's why they chose vettel.

redbull needed better no. 2 and aston martin needed a better no. 1.

aMessageToCharlie

JordanMugen wrote:
Source for these claims? :wink:

tangodjango

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 20:04
JordanMugen wrote:
He must be the therapist for RBR senior management. :lol:
I think it's just unfortunate timing by the time Albon's situation became too dire Vettel had already signed for Aston, also I'm not sure whether Red Bull would be the best environment for him, I just don't see him matching Max.
“Hamilton’s talent is perhaps even more than that of Ayrton or Schumacher or Fernando." - Rubens Barrichello

JordanMugen

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 20:04
JordanMugen wrote:

Some drivers, Sebastian for instance, contrary to popular belief he liked to get the car rotated early on. So he is not tolerant of turn-in oversteer. Whereas Mark Webber for instance, he was more comfortable to have the car moving on entry.
- Adrian Newey
https://youtu.be/kmb02SBmE1I?t=540

That is a definite no I'm afraid. Sebastian is aware of that. It's unusual for a four-time world champ to be out of a drive at this point of the year. I guess he's got a couple of choices available to him, I assume either Racing Point, or a year out and re-evaluate the options in a year's time.
- Christian Horner
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/horne ... 4/4981304/

We, and I've also told Sebastian this, have no chance of giving him a seat in 2021. We are now planning for 2021, and there is no chance for Sebastian.
- Helmut Marko

That does not sound like a glowing endorsement of Sebastian Vettel being a suitable driver for the RB16 or RB16B from Newey, Horner or Marko, and Red Bull ruling out the then-available Vettel reflects that. :wink: One wonders whether Aston Martin have improved their driver line-up or merely shuffled it for no good reason!

tangodjango wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 20:17
He must be the therapist for RBR senior management. :lol:
I think it's just unfortunate timing by the time Albon's situation became too dire Vettel had already signed for Aston, also I'm not sure whether Red Bull would be the best environment for him, I just don't see him matching Max.
RBR senior management made their "no chance of drive" position clear to Vettel in person, one presumes well before any Racing Point driving contract was presented to Vettel, or any Red Bull contract was presented to Perez! Do you suppose RBR management were mistaken, and missed out on an ace who became Racing Point's gain? :) Or did RBR have legitimate concerns that Vettel would drive more like hapless pondering Gasly than maximum attack Verstappen?

Turn-in oversteer is a characteristic of many F1 cars on the grid, be it the Red Bull, the Ferrari or the Renault, and it seems inexplicable that a 4xWDC would be unable to drive such a car to the limit, when various aces can merrily hustle such cars on maximum attack with full control! :)
Last edited by JordanMugen on 07 Mar 2021, 23:11, edited 3 times in total.

F1doc

JordanMugen wrote:
One wonders whether Aston Martin have improved their driver line-up or merely shuffled it for no good reason!
There is a good reason: marketing. See the DBX ad they currently have on YouTube and their Twitter account.

https://youtu.be/iCnhNaDm11E

Competitively I don't know whether Seb is going to be more successful than Checo hypothetically in the same car.

senja

At that time, they hoped that Albon will improve. They didn't decide to fire Albon, and give him chance to end of season. So, they didn't have a seat for Vettel at that time. When Vettel signed for RP, then Perez lost his seat and became available. So, they didn't choose Perez over Vettel. They didn't choose between them at all, because they are not been available for them in the same moment. Marko said after they signed Perez, that He was told Vettel to wait...

MKlaus

JordanMugen wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 22:43
That is a definite no I'm afraid. Sebastian is aware of that. It's unusual for a four-time world champ to be out of a drive at this point of the year. I guess he's got a couple of choices available to him, I assume either Racing Point, or a year out and re-evaluate the options in a year's time.
- Christian Horner

We, and I've also told Sebastian this, have no chance of giving him a seat in 2021. We are now planning for 2021, and there is no chance for Sebastian.
- Helmut Marko

That does not sound like a glowing endorsement of Sebastian Vettel being a suitable driver for the RB16 or RB16B from Newey, Horner or Marko, and Red Bull ruling out the then-available Vettel reflects that. :wink: One wonders whether Aston Martin have improved their driver line-up or merely shuffled it for no good reason!
https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-ma ... ttel-2022/

the correct version of the events as per marko.
“When Ferrari gave him notice, we had no place left for 2021,” he explained.

“At the time, we firmly assumed that Alexander Albon would develop positively, so that he would also be able to drive alongside Max Verstappen in 2021. That’s what I told Sebastian.

“Unfortunately, we were wrong.

“When we had to act, Sebastian was no longer on the list because he had made a long-term commitment to Aston Martin. Therefore, Sergio Perez was the logical decision for us.”

Singabule

I think Seb would doing fine in Merc sister car as it was very planted on the rear end, and would be disastrous on RB16 as it was very pointy. The car should be designed around their 1st driver and RB know it very well. The question is the 1st driver would be Seb or Lance..