2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JordanMugen

Re: 2021 Aston Martin F1 Team

senja wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 23:10
At that time, they hoped that Albon will improve.
MKlaus wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 03:51
the correct version of the events as per marko.
The idea Red Bull were 'hoping' Albon would improve (and suddenly drive like Verstappen!) and therefore there was no spot for Vettel, sounds like typical Marko spin and lies. If Red Bull wanted Vettel they would have put him in the car for 2021, but they did not. If Vettel is a valuable 4xWDC ace, every bit the match for Verstappen or more, replacing an unimpressive uncontracted rookie with him would a no-brainer, but Red Bull did not see it that way...

It seems Ferrari valued Sainz over Vettel, and Red Bull either Albon (I mean, seriously, as if Marko can be believed on that!?) or Perez over Vettel. Thankfully Aston Martin valued Vettel highly. :)

Singabule wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 06:08
I think Seb ... would be disastrous on RB16
The only logical explanation is that (far from Vettel being a 4xWDC ace would would match or beat Verstappen), Red Bull, instead, were concerned that Vettel would be 'disastrous' in the RB16B and it would make Red Bull look silly, it would make Vettel look silly and it would just be a disaster!

Most people view Aston Martin as the ones taking a gamble with their driver lineup, not Red Bull by picking up the reliable Perez who Aston Martin do not want for some reason. :wtf:

MKlaus

JordanMugen wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 07:55
senja wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 23:10
At that time, they hoped that Albon will improve.
MKlaus wrote:
The idea Red Bull were 'hoping' Albon would improve (and suddenly drive like Verstappen!) and therefore there was no spot for Vettel, sounds like typical Marko spin and lies. If Red Bull wanted Vettel they would have put him in the car for 2021, but they did not. If Vettel is a valuable 4xWDC ace, every bit the match for Verstappen or more, replacing an unimpressive uncontracted rookie with him would a no-brainer, but Red Bull did not see it that way...

It seems Ferrari valued Sainz over Vettel, and Red Bull either Albon (I mean, seriously, as if Marko can be believed on that!?) or Perez over Vettel. Thankfully Aston Martin valued Vettel highly. :)

Singabule wrote:
I think Seb ... would be disastrous on RB16
The only logical explanation is that (far from Vettel being a 4xWDC ace would would match or beat Verstappen), Red Bull, instead, were concerned that Vettel would be 'disastrous' in the RB16B and it would make Red Bull look silly, it would make Vettel look silly and it would just be a disaster!

Most people view Aston Martin as the ones taking a gamble with their driver lineup, not Red Bull by picking up the reliable Perez who Aston Martin do not want for some reason. :wtf:
i would rather believe official version from a team's representative in the matters than someone who has out rightly berated vettel here.

you used horner and marko's statement in your earlier posts to show vettel was rejected by redbull and now you are calling marko's statement as a "typical spin and lie"?

JordanMugen

MKlaus wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 08:47
you used horner and marko's statement in your earlier posts to show vettel was rejected by redbull and now you are calling marko's statement as a "typical spin and lie"?
Correct. :wink: Marko talks a lot of rubbish, however the notion Marko and Horner made a "clear no" to Vettel must be a fact as Vettel is not driving for Red Bull, and Newey has no reason to lie about Vettel being "not tolerant of turn-in oversteer".

It's hardly berating Vettel to note that Vettel is currently seen as no more of an ace than Stroll, and that Stroll and Vettel will likely have about the same pace, just as Stroll and Perez did. Stroll is rather good. :wink:

MKlaus

JordanMugen wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 09:34
MKlaus wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 08:47
Correct. :wink: Marko talks a lot of rubbish, however the notion Marko and Horner made a "clear no" to Vettel must be a fact as Vettel is not driving for Red Bull, and Newey has no reason to lie about Vettel being "not tolerant of turn-in oversteer".

It's hardly berating Vettel to note that Vettel is currently seen as no more of an ace than Stroll, and that Stroll and Vettel will likely have about the same pace, just as Stroll and Perez did. Stroll is rather good. :wink:
you are quoting your opinion as a fact.
if hulk can beat stroll without much of practice, that doesn't really reflect good on stroll.
it's only a matter of a few months and we would know.

aMessageToCharlie

MKlaus wrote:
JordanMugen wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 22:43
That is a definite no I'm afraid. Sebastian is aware of that. It's unusual for a four-time world champ to be out of a drive at this point of the year. I guess he's got a couple of choices available to him, I assume either Racing Point, or a year out and re-evaluate the options in a year's time.
- Christian Horner
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/horne ... 4/4981304/

We, and I've also told Sebastian this, have no chance of giving him a seat in 2021. We are now planning for 2021, and there is no chance for Sebastian.
- Helmut Marko
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/horne ... 4/4981304/

That does not sound like a glowing endorsement of Sebastian Vettel being a suitable driver for the RB16 or RB16B from Newey, Horner or Marko, and Red Bull ruling out the then-available Vettel reflects that. :wink: One wonders whether Aston Martin have improved their driver line-up or merely shuffled it for no good reason!
https://www.planetf1.com/news/helmut-ma ... ttel-2022/

“When Ferrari gave him notice, we had no place left for 2021,” he explained.

“At the time, we firmly assumed that Alexander Albon would develop positively, so that he would also be able to drive alongside Max Verstappen in 2021. That’s what I told Sebastian.

“Unfortunately, we were wrong.

“When we had to act, Sebastian was no longer on the list because he had made a long-term commitment to Aston Martin. Therefore, Sergio Perez was the logical decision for us.”

Exactly right, thank you.

At the time Vettel signed with AMR, Red Bull was still supporting Albon, so of course they correctly pointed out publicly that they didnt have a place for Vettel or anyone else.
Just like they publicly denied any rumors of Gasly getting sacked before that. We all know how that turned out.

And yet, some people still seem surprised when realiy looks different than the media talk.

This says it all really. It was 2019 all over again and people still fall for it (or choose to in this case?)

From the same article:
"Our commitment is to our existing drivers.

"We think we've got a great pairing in Max and in Alex, and we think that that has great potential for the future as well.

"Unfortunately it's not something we're going to be able to accommodate."

It took Red Bull until December to decide on replacing Albon (above comments from Horner are from July) and Vettel just didnt want to wait and gamble on that when he had a promising offer from AMR on the table.

Vasconia

foofykid wrote:
05 Mar 2021, 22:17
I want that jacket
I have seen somewhere that team's merchandising was being sold incredibly fast. The new team name and Vettel are doing their job. =D>

So hurry up if you want to buy something.

senja

Singabule wrote:
I think Seb would doing fine in Merc sister car as it was very planted on the rear end, and would be disastrous on RB16 as it was very pointy. The car should be designed around their 1st driver and RB know it very well. The question is the 1st driver would be Seb or Lance..
If Vettel signed with Red Bull, He would be in RB16B...

Schuttelberg

All this talk about Seb being in a Red Bull!

What's even the point? I've followed him since day 1 and if that had happened, other than him being alongside Max nothing would have excited me. His chapter at Red Bull is done as is Ferrari. He looks so happy!

I've been watching the sport since 1994 and this Jordan/Force India/Racing Point along with the Minardi/Toro Rosso/Alpha Tauri squads have always had a soft corner in me. They're bloody good teams who were always scrapping for more than they invested.

Now with this whole Aston branding, it's far more exciting for me to see such a glorious brand and a proper RACING brand be in F1 in it's beautiful colours with a great engine and sufficient backing behind it. I was really excited about Ferrari in 1996, Mercedes in 2010 and now this Aston Martin in 2021. There is something about the team and clearly, they are not leaving any stone unturned with the marketing. Apart from that PINK, which also isn't very bad, it's all been spot on.

Now, it's all down to Seb and for him to show us if he's still got it. It would also be a blessing if he could just plonk his usual helmet on than that sham he was wearing in the shakedown.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Chene_Mostert

Schuttelberg wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 20:21

What's even the point? I've followed him since day 1 and if that had happened, other than him being alongside Max nothing would have excited me. His chapter at Red Bull is done as is Ferrari. He looks so happy!

I've been watching the sport since 1994 and this Jordan/Force India/Racing Point along with the Minardi/Toro Rosso/Alpha Tauri squads have always had a soft corner in me. They're bloody good teams who were always scrapping for more than they invested.

Now with this whole Aston branding, it's far more exciting for me to see such a glorious brand and a proper RACING brand be in F1 in it's beautiful colours with a great engine and sufficient backing behind it. I was really excited about Ferrari in 1996, Mercedes in 2010 and now this Aston Martin in 2021. There is something about the team and clearly, they are not leaving any stone unturned with the marketing. Apart from that PINK, which also isn't very bad, it's all been spot on.

Now, it's all down to Seb and for him to show us if he's still got it. It would also be a blessing if he could just plonk his usual helmet on than that sham he was wearing in the shakedown.
I've been watching since 1989.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

NAPI10

A new beginning. A new adventure -

The time for riding the Prancing Horse has ended, but this time you have wings, time to fly Sebastian =D> =D>

Manoah2u

Chene_Mostert wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 20:23
Schuttelberg wrote:

#-o #-o are you trying to make this a contest to see who can p**s the farthest?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Schuttelberg

Chene_Mostert wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:

I was born 3 years before that. I barely understood everything back in 1994. I think I started to "get it" a lot more since late 90's and early 00'
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Chene_Mostert

Schuttelberg wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 05:56
Chene_Mostert wrote:
Schuttelberg wrote:

I was born 3 years before that. I barely understood everything back in 1994. I think I started to "get it" a lot more since late 90's and early 00'
I missed the first 4 races of the season, started watching round 5 US GP from Phoenix. those 90deg corners were just crazy!
there was some onboards of Martin Brundle in Brabham. fighting, fighting, fighting it around the track.
"Science at its best is an open-minded method of inquiry, not a belief system." - Rupert Sheldrake

foofykid

Did Vettel name his car yet?

PowerandtheGlory

foofykid wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 14:52
Did Vettel name his car yet?
I’m detecting an innuendo fast approaching..
I’m ready for the PC police to come down on him like a ton of bricks... “So what if he wants to call his car Tabitha??”... :lol:
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn