2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MKlaus

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

El Scorchio wrote:
18 May 2021, 14:09
And it's not really in Mercedes DNA to really play the 'woe is me, we are such victims' thing like Aston Martin did- at least outwardly anyway. Their mentality as shown this season is just that it's an opportunity to overcome another challenge.
but toto did say, recently that it was done to slow them down and he fully supported aston martin in their fight. so it's not like they didn't cry in the aftermath. when it was announced, they probably were confident of overcoming it, but when they saw they were "sort of" even with red bull, suddenly realization came to hit him that, the regulations have hit them hard to then go on to claim, it was done to slow them down. but at the time when the rules were agreed, no one knew who it was affecting more, which is my original point.
i have followed and supported this team, since brawn gp days, unlike those who came following lewis. but i don't for a single second think, they won't break at some point. it's staggering to see them maintaining their success this long, even for an ardent follower like me. their success is unprecedented, but like all good things, it will come to an end. it would be sad, but they can't be anymore proud than they are.

El Scorchio

MKlaus wrote:
18 May 2021, 15:43
El Scorchio wrote:
18 May 2021, 14:09
And it's not really in Mercedes DNA to really play the 'woe is me, we are such victims' thing like Aston Martin did- at least outwardly anyway. Their mentality as shown this season is just that it's an opportunity to overcome another challenge.
but toto did say, recently that it was done to slow them down and he fully supported aston martin in their fight. so it's not like they didn't cry in the aftermath. when it was announced, they probably were confident of overcoming it, but when they saw they were "sort of" even with red bull, suddenly realization came to hit him that, the regulations have hit them hard to then go on to claim, it was done to slow them down. but at the time when the rules were agreed, no one knew who it was affecting more, which is my original point.
i have followed and supported this team, since brawn gp days, unlike those who came following lewis. but i don't for a single second think, they won't break at some point. it's staggering to see them maintaining their success this long, even for an ardent follower like me. their success is unprecedented, but like all good things, it will come to an end. it would be sad, but they can't be anymore proud than they are.
We probably have a difference perception of crying. They voiced their displeasure but rather than dwelling on it, took it on the chin and went about trying to solve the problem, while Aston scurried to the rulemakers.

They are an extraordinary team and have been for a long time in various guises, but yes one day they will not be at the top any more. Could be a soon as next season.

Just_a_fan

MKlaus wrote:

i have followed and supported this team, since brawn gp days, unlike those who came following lewis.
What about when they were Honda, BAR and, of course, Tyrrell? :wink:

Interesting that the company has won 11 drivers' titles and 9 constructors' titles since it was first formed in 1964. 3 driver titles and a constructor title as Tyrrell, one of each as Brawn GP, and 7 of each as Mercedes GP.

Mercedes won the 54 and 55 drivers' titles of course, but that a separate entity.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

MKlaus

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 May 2021, 19:37
MKlaus wrote:

i have followed and supported this team, since brawn gp days, unlike those who came following lewis.

Interesting that the company has won 11 drivers' titles and 9 constructors' titles since it was first formed in 1964. 3 driver titles and a constructor title as Tyrrell, one of each as Brawn GP, and 7 of each as Mercedes GP.

Mercedes won the 54 and 55 drivers' titles of course, but that a separate entity.
there should be a good reason to start liking something. all those prior guises, were simply useless and there was nothing to like about them, barring tyrell of 70s (i wasn't even born to know or appreciate it). it was when that brawn gp blew away the competition, coming off a seemingly disastrous sell off, staring at a destined disappearance from the grid, which was a story of rags to riches. it's unfortunate that the man who created this monster proposition went away so unceremoniously at the brink of seeing the dawn of dominance and his name gets hardly mentioned in these shiny days. norbert haug.
most of the current flag bearers and beneficiaries, have hardly anything to do with the tremendous foundation and laborious work put in by those who went away before it materialized, including brawn himself. but there are the "brackley boys", who have seen it all. i cheer them the most.
ps: tyrell won 2 drivers and 1 constructors title.

NathanOlder

MKlaus wrote:

What does that even mean ? Iv'e been a big Mercedes fan since 1997 so what does that mean ? Iv'e followed Lewis since his Euro F3 days.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Just_a_fan

MKlaus wrote:
18 May 2021, 19:52
Just_a_fan wrote:
MKlaus wrote:

there should be a good reason to start liking something. all those prior guises, were simply useless and there was nothing to like about them, barring tyrell of 70s (i wasn't even born to know or appreciate it). it was when that brawn gp blew away the competition, coming off a seemingly disastrous sell off, staring at a destined disappearance from the grid, which was a story of rags to riches. it's unfortunate that the man who created this monster proposition went away so unceremoniously at the brink of seeing the dawn of dominance and his name gets hardly mentioned in these shiny days. norbert haug.
most of the current flag bearers and beneficiaries, have hardly anything to do with the tremendous foundation and laborious work put in by those who went away before it materialized, including brawn himself. but there are the "brackley boys", who have seen it all. i cheer them the most.
Tyrrell won 3 driver's titles 1969, 1971, 1973. The 1969 title was running the Matra Ford entry but it was Tyrrell that was running the team albeit they weren't the constructor of the actual physical car because Matra pulled out. Jackie Stewart won all three of his titles driving for Ken Tyrrell.

I think it's absolutely unfair to say that the current people working in the Brackley factory have had nothing to do with their success. They designed the cars, built the cars, run the cars. Brawn and Haug haven't been directly involved in any of that.

zibby43

This content is absolutely fire.

Phil

M
MKlaus wrote:

Admittedly, i am one of those who have become a ‘Mercedes fan’ through and because of Lewis. But i have come to love and appreciate the team for who and what they are, that i will probably remain a fan long after Lewis leaves F1.

And that’s not really because of Lewis, but because of all the videos, insights and people that Mercedes puts in the light through their feeds, instagram, twitter etc. They are awesome. 😊
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

b2bL44

zibby43 wrote:
19 May 2021, 02:19

https://www.instagram.com/p/CPBgt9HobIF ... _copy_link
Watch on F1TV this morning, the tension over the radio was palpable. I'm sure Mercedes cut out the bits on the team radio where Toto lost it completely on Mazepin :lol:
I like headbuttin’ journos an´ I can not lie.
You otha brothas can´t deny.
That when a journo walks in wit´ some bait an´
A hook right in yo´ face. You get SMACKED.

zibby43

b2bL44 wrote:
19 May 2021, 05:22
zibby43 wrote:

Watch on F1TV this morning, the tension over the radio was palpable. I'm sure Mercedes cut out the bits on the team radio where Toto lost it completely on Mazepin :lol:
Just fascinating to hear how calm and orderly everyone was under pressure. Absolutely fantastic insight.

lol I can only imagine. Toto was tripping over his words in the bit that did air to the public. Mazepin has come quite a long way (in the wrong direction) since topping the timesheets during a test in the W10.

MKlaus

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 May 2021, 23:12
MKlaus wrote:
18 May 2021, 19:52
Just_a_fan wrote:

Tyrrell won 3 driver's titles 1969, 1971, 1973. The 1969 title was running the Matra Ford entry but it was Tyrrell that was running the team albeit they weren't the constructor of the actual physical car because Matra pulled out. Jackie Stewart won all three of his titles driving for Ken Tyrrell.

I think it's absolutely unfair to say that the current people working in the Brackley factory have had nothing to do with their success. They designed the cars, built the cars, run the cars. Brawn and Haug haven't been directly involved in any of that.
you need to read it carefully, i only said, "foundation". success is built on that foundation and if there wasn't that vision and critical work (people, processes etc.,) put in, in those difficult times when mercedes shareholders were calling for pulling the plug off f1 in 2012, there wouldn't have been this success. that "foundation" is what i am referring to. unfortunately, those important pillars were gone right before the new dawn, leaving the new joiners to enjoy the success of that vision and hard work and of course, continue it. the credit for the current group is for maintaining the continuation of the success.

El Scorchio

zibby43 wrote:
19 May 2021, 06:45
b2bL44 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

Just fascinating to hear how calm and orderly everyone was under pressure. Absolutely fantastic insight.

lol I can only imagine. Toto was tripping over his words in the bit that did air to the public. Mazepin has come quite a long way (in the wrong direction) since topping the timesheets during a test in the W10.
Just like the radio from Silverstone last season. Aside from one second with Bono getting slightly anxious you’d never know anything was even wrong.

Just_a_fan

zibby43 wrote:
19 May 2021, 06:45
b2bL44 wrote:
zibby43 wrote:

And you can see how late the call to the driver was too. I remember it live being tight but seeing that different angle and the onboard, a few metres later and Hamilton wouldn't have made the pit entry. He barely scraped in as it was.

Quite a bit of pressure on the mechanics there too, of course.

bucker

I can't find any English articles, but in our country there are news that Daimler will sell all their stakes in Mercedes F1 Team. It suppose to happen later this year. They will still stay in F1 as engine supplier.

Marty_Y

bucker wrote:
19 May 2021, 15:45
I can't find any English articles, but in our country there are news that Daimler will sell all their stakes in Mercedes F1 Team. It suppose to happen later this year. They will still stay in F1 as engine supplier.
https://www.4troxoi.gr/agones/formula-1 ... amg-ineos/

Is this what you are referring to?

Edit, I can't find anything on it anywhere else, Daimler haven't released a statement about it.
It's probably clickbait.