2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

From the autosport forum

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

haza

Morteza

Here's the video
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

AMG.Tzan

Although the colors (Black-Silver) look nice...from the video I spotted that instead of the stars on the back cover...it will have ///AMG written all over it...🤮
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Jolle

AMG.Tzan wrote:
27 Feb 2021, 20:35
Although the colors (Black-Silver) look nice...from the video I spotted that instead of the stars on the back cover...it will have ///AMG written all over it...🤮
Well, they did state somewhere last year that the team will be with less Mercedes branding and more an AMG billboard. (Basically what Renault is also doing and FIAT has done for ages)

DarthPlagueisTheVise

W12 Image
Technical Noob

Just_a_fan

It appears they lost focus when they built this car... :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

MKlaus

PlatinumZealot

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 11:08
It goes without saying that there was no guarantee. Pretty much nothing is guaranteed. Also I never said anything about Hamilton's move or that it wasn’t a gamble.

It certrainly was. But it's not unreasonable to assume that a works team that has a winning car already, is long term committed to the sport and is pouring pretty much unlimited resources at a new formula would be successful eventually.

Claiming Mercedes didn't have a clue what they were doing and just lucked into success is an insult to the whole hard working organization.
Not sure if you were watching F1 leading up to 2012.. But everyone knew Mercedes was developing a strong engine. That was not profound at all.

The real buzzers were:

1. Mercedes was still a mid-field team and no one ever beleived they could make a chassis to rival macca, ferarri and redbull!

2. Even if the engine was supremely dominant, there was every reason to believe McLaren would have made better use of it.

3. Coming off the back of a aero-dominated era with frozen, closely matched engines, no one had any clue that the integration of power units and chassis would have made such a difference to performance!

4. As far as the public knew, Mercedes had a shoe string budget from 2010 to 2013... No one expected them to be spending that much in the background until the "super team of engineers" were being hired.

5. Lewis Hamilton had to be convinced THREE times before he decided to join. That's how no one expected Mercedes to be dominant two years away with new regulations.

Ron Dennis himself claimed Lewis Left for a money the way he did not suspect that Mercedes could be a force. Even in 2013 the public were saying Mercedes quick qualifying was freak occurence and luck with tyres.

No one even Ross Brawn saw it coming. They just hired the best people and put out their best efforts. There was no guarantee their engine and chassis would have been the best. It was the others who took their sucess for granted.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

aMessageToCharlie

PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 23:29
There was no guarantee their engine and chassis would have been the best.
Yeah, thanks for repeating exactly what I said.

And the point still stands, so I can only repeat myself again:

It's not unreasonable to assume that a works team that has a winning car already, is long term committed to the sport and is pouring pretty much unlimited resources at a new formula would be successful eventually.

Doesn't matter if Ron Dennis or the general public knew how much Mercedes was spending and how serious they were with their program. Niki obviously did and he used it to lure Hamilton in.

Was is your take then on why Hamilton joined the team if it was such a bad prospect as you argue?

Don't you think he made an informed decison on his future? Did he just follow the biggest paycheck? Took a blind gamble and ended up in the best cockpit by pure luck alone? Was he just #blessed or what?

Jolle

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 23:57
PlatinumZealot wrote:

It's not unreasonable to assume that a works team that has a winning car already, is long term committed to the sport and is pouring pretty much unlimited resources at a new formula would be successful eventually.

Doesn't matter if Ron Dennis or the general public knew how much Mercedes was spending and how serious they were with their program. Niki obviously did and he used it to lure Hamilton in.

Was is your take then on why Hamilton joined the team if it was such a bad prospect as you argue?

Don't you think he made an informed decison on his future? Did he just follow the biggest paycheck? Took a blind gamble and ended up in the best cockpit by pure luck alone? Was he just #blessed or what?
Not like Mercedes was Lauda’s first team on the grid he made bold claims about trying to lure in drivers.
What Mercedes pulled off happens rarely in F1. Jaguar, Toyota, Honda and British American Racing all had unlimited budget-big plans approach but all failed spectacularly, unable to even dent the McLaren-Ferrari-Williams domination since the early eighties. Only Benetton and RedBull had succes, and they did it with a long road to succes.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

dans79

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
I think he left because he saw what everyone else that was more than a casual fan saw, that McLaren was a sinking ship!
197 104 103 7

OO7
OO7

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Mar 2021, 20:03
It appears they lost focus when they built this car... :lol:
=D> Well done.

Slo Poke

Jolle wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 00:11
aMessageToCharlie wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Not like Mercedes was Lauda’s first team on the grid he made bold claims about trying to lure in drivers.
What Mercedes pulled off happens rarely in F1. Jaguar, Toyota, Honda and British American Racing all had unlimited budget-big plans approach but all failed spectacularly, unable to even dent the McLaren-Ferrari-Williams domination since the early eighties. Only Benetton and RedBull had succes, and they did it with a long road to succes.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
You state it yourself Jolle in a previous post, ‘There’s a bit more to this story.’ I have frequently made reference to it but no-one hereabouts cares to believe any of it.
When it comes to money, or in this case vast wealth, corporate influence on human nature can result in one of two ways and both are horrible. One is evil the other is vile.
Honda have recently acquired the same silver bullet. So let’s all wait a while to see what they do with it! On track and on their public roads.

dans79

Slo Poke wrote:
02 Mar 2021, 02:29
Honda have recently acquired the same silver bullet.
We will see.... I frankly don't believe any of it because far to much of that is driven by the Helmut/Horner hype train.
197 104 103 7