2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MKlaus
MKlaus

Re: 2021 AMG Mercedes F1 Team

proteus wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 08:51
PlatinumZealot wrote:
01 Apr 2021, 23:54
proteus wrote:
31 Mar 2021, 18:45

I have absolutely no problem seeing any of the drivers to retire or lose a big chunk of time if they make a mistake. Like i said, modern tracks are cutting the slack too much for drivers and they reward them instead of punishing a mistake. In case of Lewis, i just pointed out that his drive was not as flawless as many are trying to present it. That is all.
The way I saw it, Lewis was pushing on the limit on ten laps older tyres, he made a mistake, went too deep but managed to bring it back on track without any major consequence. Max having the superior car, tyres and track position still could not pass Lewis even with Lewis' mistake. So it think it bodes well for the season when the Mercedes sorts out it's problems. Lewis should be return to domination again.
Drivers in the past were losing wins and positions with mistakes like this. His overall tally would be a bit lower as it is, if tracks would enforce punishment for going off.

Numbers will go up for sure in months to come, but quantity and quality are two different things.
you should get out of endless "if" loop that you are stuck in. basic common sense is, drivers push in places where they know they can get away with run offs and avoid places where there are gravel traps. no "ifs and buts".

PlatinumZealot

restless wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 10:06
How will they upgrade the engine when we have a freeze ?!
You can. Obviously not with permance parts but whatever they can do with mapping and reliability.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

zibby43
zibby43

PlatinumZealot wrote:
02 Apr 2021, 14:48
restless wrote:
You can. Obviously not with permance parts but whatever they can do with mapping and reliability.
To go along with that, my understanding is that there are certain parts that fall outside of being considered the ICE, ES, CE, etc., and subsequently, these parts are not only replaceable without penalty, but upgradable without penalty.

restless
restless

PlatinumZealot wrote:
restless wrote:
reliability equals performance.. who and how draws the line ;)

Sevach
Sevach

PlatinumZealot wrote:
restless wrote:
Last year, after the ban, you could set your map for that given weekend before qualifying.
So basically all the manufacturers have the option to perhaps run the engine a little harder than they did in Bahrain.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Wolff also provided some insight into the relationship between Russell and Hamilton, refusing to quell rumours that the two have had a rift.

"The condition of my pilots is the least of my worries," Wolff continued.

"But I can imagine that because the competition between the two is very strong."

Does anybody have any insight about this, alleged rift between Lewis and George? It’s the first I’ve seen it mentioned, would be the strangest thing if true.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

NathanOlder

Ground Effect wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 09:34
Wolff also provided some insight into the relationship between Russell and Hamilton, refusing to quell rumours that the two have had a rift.

"The condition of my pilots is the least of my worries," Wolff continued.

"But I can imagine that because the competition between the two is very strong."

Does anybody have any insight about this, alleged rift between Lewis and George? It’s the first I’ve seen it mentioned, would be the strangest thing if true.
I just thought it was the general morale in the drivers camp, having more drivers than seats is an issue, and someone has to be unhappy. So I just assumed it was Wolff saying he's got other things to worry about rather than a driver being unhappy not driving for the main team.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

El Scorchio

Be useful to see a bit of context for the quote.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

El Scorchio wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 11:16
Ye, a source reference would be useful, nay, essential.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

dans79

Yes, without context that means nothing, because It could easily be about Bottas and Hamilton.
197 104 103 7

Marty_Y
Marty_Y

Just_a_fan wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 12:53
El Scorchio wrote:
05 Apr 2021, 11:16
Ye, a source reference would be useful, nay, essential.
Is it from this article?

https://thesportsrush.com/f1-news-compe ... oto-wolff/

Just sounds like journalists speculation to me.

dans79

I found the article, and honestly I think it's garbage as even the article has no context. It looks like a bunch of random cherry pickled comments slapped into an article to garner clicks.

https://racingnews365.com/wolff-blasts- ... d----/amp
Last edited by dans79 on 05 Apr 2021, 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
197 104 103 7

Wouter

Much more open about his Mercedes-bound ambitions is 23-year-old Russell, who so impressed when he was called up from his regular Williams seat to substitute for the ill Hamilton late last season. Russell was asked by Kronen Zeitung newspaper if he has caught up with Hamilton since that replacement drive in Bahrain.

"We haven't spoken to each other at all since then," Russell said. "But our relationship is good—we don't have any problems with each other. Honestly, I don't know what he could have said after the race. I don't know how I would have felt if someone had done a race in my Williams seat."

Russell's relationship with Mercedes boss Toto Wolff is clearly a better one.

"My relationship with Mercedes and Toto Wolff is stronger than ever," Russell said, according to Italy's Mediaset. "They know my situation. They know I want to fight for victories and the championship. They saw what I can do in Bahrain. So I just have to focus on myself. I don't need to stress them.

"In the past I tried to force things, but it's different now. I've been a Mercedes driver for six years. They are my second family and, if it is going to happen, it will happen naturally."

Russell is expecting the uncertainty about Mercedes' driver situation to be clear by the summer break.

"I'm sure the story will have a satisfactory outcome for all the parties involved—Mercedes, Williams and the drivers," Russell said. "I am getting stronger year after year and I think I am at a level where I can fight for wins and the title. But let's see.
Formula 1 is an unpredictable business so it's better not to take anything for granted."
https://www.autoweek.com/racing/formula ... rcedes-f1/

Was ist an dem Gerücht dran, dass Hamilton nicht mehr mit ihm redet?

Wolff: Ich höre das zum ersten Mal. Aber die Befindlichkeit meiner Piloten ist meine geringste Sorge. Aber ich kann mir dass schon vorstellen, weil die Konkurrenz zwischen den beiden sehr groß ist. Die Großen spüren, wenn ein Guter nachkommt. Und George ist die nächste Generation.
What's it with the rumor that Hamilton stopped talking to him [Russell]?

Wolff: This is the first time I've heard that. But the condition of my pilots is the least of my worries. But I can imagine that because the competition between the two is very strong. The big ones feel when a good guy is coming. And George is the next generation.

https://www.oe24.at/sport/motorsport/fo ... /472085185
The Power of Dreams!

dans79

I'd still call it trash, as you can find random mentions of it on no name website all over the net.

for example https://www.newsonf1.com/2021/03/no-ham ... e-russell/

where is the link to the "original" Kronen Zeitung newspaper interview, and when was it actually published?

The other question that's somewhat important, is has Lewis ever talked to Russell regularly? I'm betting no, and that this is nothing more than click bait!
197 104 103 7

adrianjordan

Exactly. Lewis hasn't returned any of my messages either, does that mean there's a rift between us too? 😂😂
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️