2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
28 Jan 2021, 15:49
Day 2 for Yuki at Imola.
Btw I edited my post from yesterday about Yuki.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKlSsDnK5Oy/

crv hybrid?

Wouter

Re: 2021 AlphaTauri F1 Team

Credits to @Lio007, who posted this video in another topic. Listen to the sound of the Honda PU. :)

Yuki Tsunoda Testing for AlphaTauri at Imola Circuit w/ a Toro Rosso STR13 (November 2020)

Even if Scuderia AlphaTauri is actually testing in these exact days at Imola Circuit, in Italy, with Yuki Tsunoda both yesterday and today, here's a video from Yuki's debut I (@ 19Bozzy92) recorded last November. That session was held in order to allow the young Japanese driver to complete the first step (300km) towards his necessary superlicence in the case the then-F2 driver would have been chosen as an official AlphaTauri driver for the 2021 season (and that's what happened).

The track was quite damp in the morning so the test session started with full wet tyres.
The car used was an old 2018 Toro Rosso STR13 covered in the white and blue AlphaTauri AT01 livery.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Re: 2021 AlphaTauri F1 Team

More from the second day at Imola.

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Is that the new power unit? No couldn't be.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
29 Jan 2021, 15:18
Is that the new power unit? No couldn't be.
You say it yourself.
Of course this is not the new PU, because that is prohibited.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

While Pierre is still in Abu Dhabi training hard with Pyry Salmela, Yuki had a long nice chat with someone from SAT.

“I’ll push hard from the beginning”: A chat with Yuki.

https://www.scuderiaalphatauri.com/en/a-chat-with-yuki/
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Gasly has also tested positive for covid-19. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15483 ... or-covid19

Manoah2u

ispano6 wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 00:12

better now than during the season.

You'd almost start to wonder - as a driver - whether it would be 'wise' to concider going to your local hospital, having a good hug and sneeze session with somebody that has COVID, and then to just go home, call some professional medical staff, and sit it out just to be sure you've already had it and be less prone to contract it again during the season and avoid missing a single session.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

basti313

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 02:34
ispano6 wrote:

You'd almost start to wonder - as a driver - whether it would be 'wise' to concider going to your local hospital, having a good hug and sneeze session with somebody that has COVID, and then to just go home, call some professional medical staff, and sit it out just to be sure you've already had it and be less prone to contract it again during the season and avoid missing a single session.
No, the mutants are a big issue now. He might get a mutant now or later and, thus a second infection.
The only thing that makes sense is the vaccine, which in most cases works for the mutants. So if he is anyways in the Emirates, I wonder why he did not simply buy a vaccination....but maybe there is even a coincidence...you go to a hospital for the shot and leave with the virus.
Don`t russel the hamster!

Wouter

ispano6 wrote:

From the article:

"It's kind of frustrating not to be able to. You feel like you're a bit in a cage, where you don't have the freedom to really do and see the people you want.

"Clearly during the off season and the small time we have, I'll try to have a better social life hopefully."
There he was talking about Christmas. The last two weeks he was with his trainer Pyry Salmela in a Hotel in Dubai
where they were training every day in a huge sportcomplex a few miles away just the two of them, nobody else around.
Maybe he has got it in the hotel. Hope he will recover soon. Again stuck in Dubai, last year 3 months!
Last edited by Wouter on 02 Feb 2021, 10:46, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Feb 2021, 02:34
ispano6 wrote:

Getting it pre-season won't make him less prone to contract it again. What it does do is make it more likely for his body to have a quicker recovery if he does contract it again during the season resulting in fewer days missed during the season for both being on track and not losing travelling days during self quarantine. With as packed the season schedule is, it's going to be important for teams to stay healthy and also have reserve drivers. Hulkenberg was called up twice - it would not be strange if Albon or Kvyat fill in for the Red Bull drivers (assuming Kvyat is called up on emergency).

nzjrs

ispano6 wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 06:41
Getting it pre-season won't make him less prone to contract it again. What it does do is make it more likely for his body to have a quicker recovery if he does contract it again during the season resulting in fewer days missed during the season for both being on track and not losing travelling days during self quarantine.
Being generous, I don't know what you are trying to say here, and it depends on how you define your terms etc, but at least the SIREN study observed 83% protection from previous infection https://www.gov.uk/government/news/past ... smit-virus

nzjrs

Wouter did you see viewtopic.php?p=950755#p950755 ?

AT has such a beautiful livery. I hope the 2021 one is similar.

Wouter

nzjrs wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 12:52
Wouter did you see viewtopic.php?p=950755#p950755 ?

AT has such a beautiful livery. I hope the 2021 one is similar.
WOW!! What an amazing car!! That livery, I like it very, very much.
Thank you for telling me this @nzjrs.

I liked the AlphaTauri livery imediately the first time I saw it.
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

nzjrs wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 11:20
ispano6 wrote:
02 Feb 2021, 06:41
Getting it pre-season won't make him less prone to contract it again. What it does do is make it more likely for his body to have a quicker recovery if he does contract it again during the season resulting in fewer days missed during the season for both being on track and not losing travelling days during self quarantine.
Being generous, I don't know what you are trying to say here, and it depends on how you define your terms etc, but at least the SIREN study observed 83% protection from previous infection https://www.gov.uk/government/news/past ... smit-virus
Apologies, what I'm saying is just because you contracted it once doesn't mean you can't contract it again. You may not notice you have contracted it again, but you can be carrying the infection and transmitting it again. Assuming that natural immunity in convalescent plasma antibody is effective toward mutated strains, you may not notice feeling sick or require hospitalization, but you effectively will need to quarantine if a PCR test comes back positive. You cannot participate in an F1 event if you test positive, even if you are not showing symptoms. The term "protection" that they used in the link you provided is not a very good one. It appears they use the term re-infection as a description of one who is carrying the virus AND showing symptoms. You CAN be re-infected and not show symptoms, you MAY be protected from death or short/long term effects, but as the first paragraph says: "experts cautioned those with immunity may still be able carry the virus in their nose and throat and therefore have a risk of transmitting to others."