2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Alpha Tauri F1 Team

Snorked wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 3:46 pm
Not a wise move to blame the car though - that's what Marko laid into Gasly for when he was crying about the race winning Red Bull car.

Both drivers have been poor so far this season. Gasly will never be a dependable lead driver for any team,
he should have gone with Kvyat. If Yuki doesn't buck up his ideas and adjust his stinking attitude both should be replaced for next season.
I don't agree with you. I think you are exaggerating.

Image =D> =D> =D>

ispano6

Marti_EF3 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 5:44 pm
He needs time. But also needs to work with himself. No one is expecting him to beat Gasly, he better to learn from him because it's a good driver
The shortened sessions don't help either. 1hr sessions compared to 90mins is far less chance to get the balance and set up right, especially when there is traffic to consider. Bahrain testing was long enough for Tsunoda to get to grips with the track and the car. He should get better with time and more experience. He should probably also work on his technical English and diction.

nzjrs

We should cut him some slack for English as a second language too.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

nzjrs wrote:We should cut him some slack for English as a second language too.
Yes... But the fact that he apologized for what he said indicates that there weren’t any translation issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nzjrs

SmallSoldier wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:58 pm
Yes... But the fact that he apologized for what he said indicates that there weren’t any translation issues

Nope. Thats standard PR. Everyone apologizes always forever unconditionally. It's how it is these days.

LHamilton
LHamilton

In regards to the Tsunoda comments, I understand it as Tsunoda and Gasly just having different (opposite in his own words) ideas/feedback about the setup on the car, even if they have similar, or the same setup. That just tells me that Tsunoda likes to have a different setup to Gasly, nothing more really. But I do wonder if Alpha Tauri follows Gaslys direction more in terms of setup and perhaps even forces Tsunoda on that setup since Tsunoda is a rookie. And it thus might be that Tsunoda struggle because of that.

It's overall a tough thing for Alpha Tauri and Tsunoda because where they are and how the season is unfolding. AT expected big points, and has not really delivered it in the first few races, so they will be desperate to get some points on the board. And their best chance at this moment in time is Gasly. So it makes sense to listen to him more due to him being in F1 for a lot longer than Tsunoda, obviously.

For Tsunoda, he just has to learn. Get the grind on and just learn as much as possible. And AT needs to somewhat understand the difficulty of the situation, which they probably do. So I wouldn't really pick on Tsunoda on the post-qualy comments to much. However, his behaviour on the radio is a different manner. He needs to cool down and understand the situation at hand. Perhaps he is already feeling the pressure of getting the maximum out of the car at all times. And if that's a factor, does it come from within himself or from the team? If it comes from the team I fear the they have misjudged the situation. But to some degree it wouldn't suprise me with how Red Bull tend to work their drivers.

Wouter

:lol: :lol: :lol: So cute. 🤗

bigblue

#babytsunoda

Wouter

Wouter

Wouter

The Red Bull Drivers having a weekend with the Flying Bulls.
First they went to Salzburg. Hangar-7.

ispano6

nzjrs wrote:
Sun May 09, 2021 12:52 am
SmallSoldier wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 11:58 pm

Nope. Thats standard PR. Everyone apologizes always forever unconditionally. It's how it is these days.
Yup, his apology is more about how it came off, not what he was trying to say. here's a good article of RedBulls Simon Rennie explaining how different drivers use different ways to describe what they are trying to say.

Former Red Bull race engineer: "Takes time to understand what they're saying"

""Two drivers might be feeling the same thing in the car - but they’ll talk about it in a different way, or use completely different language. It takes time to understand what they’re saying, translate that into engineering terminology we can all understand and work with – because it’s very possible initially they’ll be describing the driving experience using descriptive words only they understand" he explains.

Rennie: "comprehending what they’re really saying is half the battle. The other half is understanding what they need from the balance of the car to make them go as fast as possible."

The fact is theres always translation issues, period. Just need to give it time for driver and engineers to be in tune.

https://www.gpblog.com/en/amp/84318/for ... aying.html

Wouter

Yuki Tsunoda
Scuderia AlphaTauri Honda

Sadly, my second session ended early today – I wasn’t pushing too hard into the corner, but I lost grip at the end of the turn and unfortunately tapped the wall. I’m not sure how much this will affect my preparation for the race, obviously a loss of running isn’t ideal, but I’ve got two sets of Softs for Saturday now so it’s not the worst case. I just need to prepare more for Saturday and put it altogether when it counts.
Toyoharu Tanabe
Honda Racing F1

The first day of practice for the Monaco Grand Prix went smoothly on the PU front. It has been two years since we raced here and we have a new PU this year, therefore part of our work today centred on basic function checks and making changes to the PU settings, as we gathered plenty of useful data. It’s only the first day, but it’s not a bad result to have all four cars in the top ten in FP1 and three of them in FP2. However, as we have seen at every race so far this year, we can expect very tough competition for the rest of the weekend. Unfortunately, Tsunoda hit the guardrail in the afternoon, losing precious track time as the car had to be repaired, which is not ideal, given that he has never raced here before in any category. However, along with ourselves and the team, there is plenty of time for him to study all the data carefully and try and recover on Saturday, when we will tackle what is the most important qualifying session of the year, given the difficulty of overtaking here.

Wouter

Wouter

Long article about Yuki Tsunoda to get to know him better. :)

How AlphaTauri is taming the Tsunoda ‘thunderstorm’
By: Erwin Jaeggi May 22, 2021, 10:32 AM

The talent and the speed are undeniable, but the first four races of the 2021 Formula 1 season also showed that Yuki Tsunoda still has a lot to learn.
How AlphaTauri is taming the Tsunoda ‘thunderstorm’

Motorsport.com spoke with race engineer Mattia Spini about how AlphaTauri tries to turn the Japanese ‘fury’ into a driver that can ‘achieve what we all want him to achieve’.

Tsunoda impressed by scoring points on his F1 debut as he finished ninth in Bahrain. A qualifying crash at Imola, conditions that were especially tricky for a rookie in Portugal and a technical issue at Barcelona meant that Formula 1’s first 21st century-born driver hasn’t added to his points tally since.

Nevertheless, many agree that Tsunoda is a bright star of the future, with AlphaTauri team principal Franz Tost even claiming that Tsunoda will be world champion if he continues to develop like he has been doing.

Asked what it’s like to work with a future world champion, AlphaTauri race engineer Mattia Spini responded with a smile: ........... ...............
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/how- ... m/6512756/