2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Sign Hamilton. Let's truly see who's better!! 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

RZS10

Struggling in DTM (now basically GT3) isn't indicative of his quality, there's only a select few drivers who can excel in various race cars/classes and some who are definitely among the best a sport has ever seen (Loeb in WRC) can still struggle elsewhere (WTCC) - even when DTM had it's distinct cars, there were other decent to (very) good F1 drivers who did not do all too well there.

billamend

aMessageToCharlie wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 14:19
And tbh I think BOT would be just as far behind so what would they gain? Make HAM uncomfortable with a new team mate?
For all we know, BOT is a fantastic n2. Would he adapt to the RB17? Who knows.

But I would bring BOT for another reason: knowledge of the inner workings of the competition. Reportedly, one of the reasons RB brought Perez in was for his knowledge of tires degradation and the Mercedes PU.

TNTHead

Don't know what to make of last qualifying: is it that Merc improved over last changes (their updates, reinforced tyres), or is it down to engine power and higher track temperatures that RB is a bit behind?
I expect a 2nd place for VER at best, but who knows. May be a S-M-M strategy will be more beneficial than M-H or M-M-S as Merc opts for.

Nice to see Perez near VER, hopefully he will help strategy wise.

politburo

RZS10 wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 14:33
Struggling in DTM (now basically GT3) isn't indicative of his quality, there's only a select few drivers who can excel in various race cars/classes and some who are definitely among the best a sport has ever seen (Loeb in WRC) can still struggle elsewhere (WTCC) - even when DTM had it's distinct cars, there were other decent to (very) good F1 drivers who did not do all too well there.
His problem isn't just his performance in DTM GT3-spec cars, it is the other up and coming RBJT drivers and how Dr. Marko will eventually compare them to Albon. Vips could win the F2 championship and it will be undeniable, Tsunoda could turn it around.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

godlameroso

Second row start, it's fine, Perez being close enough, Red Bull can still win it tomorrow. Starting on the softs puts them on a two stopper, a good start will be key. Whoever is ahead in turn 4 will determine the race strategy. Mercedes have the advantage if they lead the first stint because if Red Bull has to pit sooner, Mercedes can just use Bottas to back them up into traffic, so RBR can't undercut and come out in clear air.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

Lewis Hamilton
Valtteri Bottas
Max Verstappen
Sergio Perez
Pierre Gasly

I hope Verstappen overtake one of them at start. If Bottas overtake ham and vers overtake ham too that would be perfect scenario for me. Then there are two guys from basically same team :mrgreen: Their race pace is important too.

TNTHead

As a side note: I really think RIC will come to regret he left the RB family (or is already regretting it). At Renault it wasn't a glowing ride, and now at McLaren....I feel sorry for him but also for RB, I think he would've been much closer to VER than the last 3 teammates in the second seat of RB. It's all hindsight, I know.

Jolle

TNTHead wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 19:22
As a side note: I really think RIC will come to regret he left the RB family (or is already regretting it). At Renault it wasn't a glowing ride, and now at McLaren....I feel sorry for him but also for RB, I think he would've been much closer to VER than the last 3 teammates in the second seat of RB. It's all hindsight, I know.
I got the step to Renault. I didn’t get the leap to McLaren. Even if McLaren is faster then the Renault, you’re leaving a works team. If you want to be WC one day, you need a works team. Normally drivers (outside a junior program) don’t level up from a privateer to a works team anymore, certainly not as their first driver. Sainz is doing something special!

shultz

TNTHead wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 16:33
...or is it down to engine power and higher track temperatures that RB is a bit behind?
Why is engine power an issue? Were they running with reduced power?

Marti_EF3

That reminds me 2018 season, and for now on the Merc will be faster everywhere... Shame on loosing all points on Silverstone #-o

Unf

Second car (I mean - Perez) is crucial. And so far he has very poor performance. Without him, Mercedes have so many options to outrace Max by good strategy and wingman's job.

Sieper

Marti_EF3 wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 20:30
That reminds me 2018 season, and for now on the Merc will be faster everywhere... Shame on loosing all points on Silverstone #-o
I don’t think so, Mercedes has been very good here for quite some time. Red Bull on and off and it didn’t seem a perfect weekend (set up). Max’ first lap in Q3 wasn’t good enough for P2 and the way things played out he didn’t get a second Hot lap anymore. Mercedes has brought an update at Silverstone, that will have helped. I hope RB can still be there are thereabouts in races to come. Biggest thread is Merc putting Max in the wall. Tomorrow will be an ideal chance for that. And when that happens the pressure on Max will have 4 weeks to reach boilingpoint. Press and fans will make sure of that. So yeah, I totally fear tomorrow. And then the talks after that.but, it could be a great race. In any case, like it or not (I don’t, I hate it) with these shenanigans we are at least on the edge of our seat.

TNTHead

shultz wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 20:06
TNTHead wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 16:33
...or is it down to engine power and higher track temperatures that RB is a bit behind?
Why is engine power an issue? Were they running with reduced power?
I don't know, but it could be because of heat, and/or the mercs are still a bit ahead in terms of power (or chose to run a higher mode than honda this weekend)

TNTHead

Sieper wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 20:50
Marti_EF3 wrote:
31 Jul 2021, 20:30
I don’t think so, Mercedes has been very good here for quite some time. Red Bull on and off and it didn’t seem a perfect weekend (set up). Max’ first lap in Q3 wasn’t good enough for P2 and the way things played out he didn’t get a second Hot lap anymore. Mercedes has brought an update at Silverstone, that will have helped. I hope RB can still be there are thereabouts in races to come. Biggest thread is Merc putting Max in the wall. Tomorrow will be an ideal chance for that. And when that happens the pressure on Max will have 4 weeks to reach boilingpoint. Press and fans will make sure of that. <b>So yeah, I totally fear tomorrow. </b>And then the talks after that.but, it could be a great race. In any case, like it or not (I don’t, I hate it) with these shenanigans we are at least on the edge of our seat.
Max just needs to keep his cool and not be tempted to take too much risk in first lap. Although if RB already chose for the aggrassive strategy by putting him on softs we may see fireworks again in lap 1. We'll see. It is also a period of the season where valuable lessons can be learned by VER/RB for the future, so short term may be tough, but in the end it might be a blessing in disguise.