2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Marti_EF3

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Love it! Hoping it will be fast. Want to see that HONDA wing on the front once again! 8) 8)

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Tizz

godlameroso wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 13:11
I think the livery change suits the car.
Would love to see the livery they had during test a couple of years ago. I think they would draw more attention if they kept the style or layout if you will but varied the colors.

Morteza

2019 car, right?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

JordanMugen

Marti_EF3 wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 14:31
Love it! Hoping it will be fast. Want to see that HONDA wing on the front once again! 8) 8)
Wouter wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 15:32
Is it fair to say the increased Honda branding on both teams is part of Red Bull's payment for taking over the power unit IP, i.e., an in-kind payment in sponsorship signage? :?:

JordanMugen

Morteza wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 17:36
2019 car, right?
Is it? Why are they running that?

Edit - Oh, understood. =D>

Wouter

JordanMugen wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 17:53
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Is it fair to say the increased Honda branding on both teams is part of Red Bull's payment for taking over the power unit IP, i.e., an in-kind payment in sponsorship signage? :?:
Why do you think that?
RB isn't taking over the power unit IP from Honda. Honda said they would not sell their PU IP.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Perez in the RB15 to get used to the Honda engine.

The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 18:21
JordanMugen wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 17:53
Marti_EF3 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Why do you think that?
RB isn't taking over the power unit IP from Honda. Honda said they would not sell their PU IP.
Sorry, "licensing fee" to have use of the IP on a lease basis (with Honda technical support?). :oops:

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Wouter

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/15517 ... test-debut

Sergio Perez called it "a dream come true" to drive a Red Bull Formula 1 car for the first time after completing his first outing for the team at Silverstone.

"It's been an amazing day, my first day with Red Bull Racing," Perez said.

"To look at my name on the car, it's something extremely special and something that is definitely a dream come true.

"I have to say that I'm pleased with the progress we've made in terms of feeling a bit more comfortable. Obviously I've been driving in a car for seven years, in a cockpit, in a seat, with certain pedals, so just positioning yourself, it's quite a challenge to get on top of.

"We're working hard. We definitely made good steps in that, and I have to say that for the first day, I felt very comfortable."

"It's still a Formula 1 car in the end, but the seat position is different, [as is] the steering wheel, the grip, the buttons, the procedures, the power unit, the power delivery, the torque," Perez explained.

"We've done a lot of preparation, so many days in the simulator, at the factory, with the controls, getting on top of everything. I have to say that I'm very pleased with how my first day went, because I was on top of all the procedures, obviously improving and learning from them.

"But I think the preparation that we did up to this test day has been good. I think it's been very helpful to have this first day with the team."

"It's very, very good to get these days with the team, to get to know my boys, to get to know the engineers, just to have a more fluid conversation," Perez said.

"The way I explain the car is different to what they've been used to, vice-versa as well. Getting comfortable in the cockpit is important, so when we get to Bahrain, I'm able to just focus on getting the performance right.

"With a day and a half in the car, it's really nothing. So the more we can get done here, the better we will be prepared for the first test in Bahrain."

After splitting filming day duties with new team-mate Max Verstappen on Wednesday at Silverstone, Perez will next sample the 2021 car at the start of pre-season testing in Bahrain next month.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Perez today ..... 🤗 🤗 🤗

The Power of Dreams!

JordanMugen

Concept livery of major Honda sponsorship:

Reality with major Honda sponsorship:
=D>

I'm not completely sold on the Honda emblem on the yellow background, it lacks contrast IMO but I guess it's fine. Hopefully they will decide to put it back to how it was before, and shuffle Citrix further up the nosecone.

I feel like this would look better:

Flying JPS Lotus

I think a chrome Honda logo would look a lot better on the nose than the black one.
"Looks like meat's back on the menu boys!"

#AeroUruk-Hai

diffuser

godlameroso wrote:
11 Feb 2021, 22:40
Ok, so glad no one is bickering over me suggesting RBR could take over the Honda engine program and that there would be an engine freeze to allow it to happen. Funny how it played out exactly as I said, is it because I know stuff or I'm just a lucky guesser? The world will never know.
What are the rules for reliability upgrades in 2022/23?