2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Kingshark

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Mr.S wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 07:37
This is fact & data - Not biased logic. 1 thing I find very interesting from diehard Lewis fans is that - when RB has a car on par with Mercedes on 1 tenth quicker - Championship is over, Max's to lose, Dominant RB.

When Mercedes had a car 3-4-5 tenths quicker, the cars are tied - Roughly 1 tenth there n there, Still Max's to lose, etc.
It’s all about making yourself look like the underdog, so when you do win, it looks more impressive than normal.

Truth is that based on everything we have seen since Silverstone, Lewis and Mercedes are huge favourites going into the final few races.

Kingshark

By the way, something strange I have noticed is ever since Honda upgraded the battery, there have been multiple reliability concerns. Verstappen was complaining about his battery on the opening lap in Sochi. Likewise he was running out of battery in Istanbul qualifying.

Very worrying. I hope a reliability upgrade can sort this out.

Wouter

Alex Albon is driving the RB16B today in Istanbul for a filming day.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/redbu ... 670831798/

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

:shock:

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-red-bul ... des-37172/

Designguru Adrian Newey ist nach einem schweren Fahrradunfall vor vier Monaten und mehreren Operationen
wieder einsatzbereit.
Marko: „Wir sind zwar in der Breite gut aufgestellt, doch Adrian ist natürlich der Kopf der Inspiration.
Er war hier in Istanbul das erste Mal wieder an der Strecke und konnte uns schon wieder weiterhelfen.“
Design guru Adrian Newey is ready to go again after a serious bicycle accident four months ago and several operations.
Marko: “We are well positioned across the board, but Adrian is of course the head of the inspiration.
Here in Istanbul he was back on the track for the first time and was able to help us again. "
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Wouter wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 14:25
:shock:

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-red-bul ... des-37172/

Designguru Adrian Newey ist nach einem schweren Fahrradunfall vor vier Monaten und mehreren Operationen
wieder einsatzbereit.
Marko: „Wir sind zwar in der Breite gut aufgestellt, doch Adrian ist natürlich der Kopf der Inspiration.
Er war hier in Istanbul das erste Mal wieder an der Strecke und konnte uns schon wieder weiterhelfen.“
Design guru Adrian Newey is ready to go again after a serious bicycle accident four months ago and several operations.
Marko: “We are well positioned across the board, but Adrian is of course the head of the inspiration.
Here in Istanbul he was back on the track for the first time and was able to help us again. "
I have read this yesterday and surprised very much. I didn't heard and read anything by now about him. It is good to read he is ok now and back to work.

godlameroso

I had no idea either, I'm glad he's ok and recovering. Could be a blessing in disguise, when you're in the hospital you have nothing to do but think.
Saishū kōnā

Alexf1

Kingshark wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 08:21
By the way, something strange I have noticed is ever since Honda upgraded the battery, there have been multiple reliability concerns. Verstappen was complaining about his battery on the opening lap in Sochi. Likewise he was running out of battery in Istanbul qualifying.

Noticed this too. Could it be Max used the old ES in Turkey?

Gillian

Would they do that, use an old ES with newer ICE?

Tizz

godlameroso wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 18:42
I had no idea either, I'm glad he's ok and recovering. Could be a blessing in disguise, when you're in the hospital you have nothing to do but think.
Unless he landed on his head...

Tizz

Alexf1 wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 19:26
Kingshark wrote:

Don't they adjust the deployment for each track and they didn't get it 100% ?

Gillian

Tizz wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 20:35
Alexf1 wrote:
Kingshark wrote:

Yes:

Ahead of the race, teams pre-select the circuit area where the MGU-K will be activated and for how long. Their decisions are based on a mathematical analysis, as Mercedes engine boss Andy Cowell recently explained during a media event held in Brixworth.

“You end up with graphs where there are ten different straights around the circuit and you haven’t got an infinite amount of energy to deploy through the MGU-K, so you do need to work out on which straight you’re going to deploy the MGU-K for two seconds and on which straight you’re going to deploy it for only one second.

etusch

Red Bull to replace Honda lettering with Acura in Austin
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/red-b ... k/6685629/

Gillian

That's a nice touch! :D Makes sense in the states.

Alexf1

Tizz wrote:
12 Oct 2021, 20:35
Alexf1 wrote:
Kingshark wrote:

Yes they do, but Honda usually doesn't run out of K in a qualy lap. So this happening is odd. Especially as the new ES was brought to us as a good step forward in efficient harvesting so running out of steam so early on that straight while Merc and Ferrari do not is strange.