2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Tizz wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 18:29
Wouter wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 18:07
NathanOlder wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 17:32
So has Alex stepped back now as he has signed for Williams ? has he stopped doing the sim work recently ?
No, he hasn't. Why do you think that?
Last time in Albon was in Turkey during the race weekend. Then it was Sebestian Buemi in de sim.
I know, but Horner said Albon keeps working in the sim till the end of the season and he will be missed next year.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Max and Sergio today in Houston at Mobil 1.

The Power of Dreams!

adrianjordan

NL_Fer wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 17:48
Redbull had always been good at the next 3 circuits, Merc has a good car now. It is up to the drivers now
Lewis has always driven well at COTA as well, should be an interesting race. Hope I finish work on time so I can be home in time for the start!! 😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Wouter

Max previews the USA Grand Prix: 'Will be another close battle'

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter on 20 Oct 2021, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Double interview with Sergio and Max. Video.

https://motorsport.tv/embed/re9iwWSp-du ... goede-hoop
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

After almost two years again some fun before a race weekend. First at the Mobil1 campus
and yesterday at the Oracle HQ.

Last edited by Wouter on 21 Oct 2021, 11:18, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Some posts are deleted, so I delete this post.
Last edited by Wouter on 21 Oct 2021, 13:34, edited 1 time in total.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Marko hofft jetzt wieder auf die volle Einsatzfähigkeit von Designgenie Adrian Newey. Hintergrund: Der Brite, der als Superhirn der Szene gilt, hatte im Sommer einen schweren Fahrradunfall beim Urlaub in Kroatien. Newey fiel wochenlang aus. Marko: „Es war wirklich heftig. Adrian hatte mehrere Knochenbrüche und Kopfverletzungen. Zum Glück war Bernie Ecclestone zufällig zur gleichen Zeit in Kroatien. Bernie ist eng verknüpft mit den Behörden in Kroatien. Er kümmerte sich darum, dass Adrian sofort die beste medizinische Behandlung bekam und sorgte auch für den Rücktransport nach England.“
Marko is now hoping that design genius Adrian Newey will be fully operational again.
Background: The Briton, who is considered the mastermind of the scene, had a serious bicycle accident in the summer while on vacation in Croatia.
Newey was out for weeks. Marko: “It was really tough. Adrian had several broken bones and head injuries. Fortunately,
Bernie Ecclestone happened to be in Croatia at the same time. Bernie is closely linked to the authorities in Croatia.
He made sure that Adrian got the best medical treatment immediately and also arranged for the transport back to England. "

https://f1-insider.com/formel-1-red-bul ... eck-37278/
The Power of Dreams!

etusch

Honda's F1 Managing Director, Masashi Yamamoto, has said that there are still six races to go with a race in America first. Of course with Max we still want to be in the lead when we go to Mexico and Brazil. Then you have Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi. In Abu Dhabi we want to have developed in such a way that we are the best team again," he said to Auto Sport Web in Japan.
''There we had pole last year. I don't know with Qatar and Saudi Arabia. In Mexico, Brazil and Abu Dhabi we can have good races and hopefully that will lead to a good final result."
If Max can win three of the final races then he'll be in a very good position indeed - let's see if they can pull it off.
https://www.givemesport.com/1771082-max ... n-f1-title

JordanMugen

Wouter wrote:
20 Oct 2021, 15:13

https://i.imgur.com/BSIWfre.gif
Looks nice! :)

hasika

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/750571
HRD Sakura held an online interview today, and Mr. Yasuaki Asagi, the director of HRD Sakura and F1 Project LPL, looked back on the development so far.

——Honda worked very very hard to introduce new combustion concept with Spec3,because Red Bull was making decisions about whether to switch to Honda PU or not.Also we need to work very hard to make sure they can fight from the start of 2019 season.

——We were suffering a lot to improve the efficiency of PU.But the Spec3,the new combustion concept brings a ultra-high speed combustion and solved the knocking problem.But it also took Honda a lone time to make the parts durable enough because parts like pistons were easily broken with that high pressure and heat.

——2019 was a year Honda fight with ERS power,because everytime we increased the ICE power,the the amount of regeneration decreased,so we had to deal with that to make the energy recovery wont be less after we improved the ICE.Honda thought Mercedes already hit the limit and cant improve much but 2020 proves we were wrong.Mercedes still had some thing in their pocket.And about energy recovery,the way Honda did was allowed in the original-planed Australia GP,but it was Baned by FIA in Austria GP.So basically 2020 was hard season,both for ICE and ERS development.

——We lose to Mercedes last year,but we also analyse and calculate how much we lose to them.Basically we didnt lose to them in the straight this year,but in some occasion we still lose to them and i really cant understand why.In Turkish GP,we dont lose to them when the steering was straight,but when in the sections where car need to turn the steering,then it seems we lose to them.I don't know if Mercedes can increase their power when it has the steering angle.

——Its similar for the energy recovery.Basically we compare the deployment times between we and Mercedes,and it seems we are a little better.But in Turkish GP,Honda's deployment cut earlier in qualifying Q3.That's what happens when you use a little more e-boost,so our analysis is that we're not losing to them in energy recovery.

——If you make a mistake and run out of deployment, it will greatly affect the qualifying results, but if you use it up, it may feel strange for you as a driver, but it does not matter so much in the results(in Max's case). Because we know what you were doing,we were dealing with that.But of course we dont know what others were doing and that's beyond my expectations.

——Honda applied for a patent on the new ES technology,which is not normal.Normally we didnt apply for a patents during race season,because it will tell the rivals what we did.But this time, Honda is fighting with a technology that benifit from it in the future.So we are also using the races as experiments a new future.
Last edited by hasika on 22 Oct 2021, 13:55, edited 1 time in total.

yener

godlameroso wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 15:58
yener wrote:
19 Oct 2021, 01:55
godlameroso wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:41
I'm liking our chances in Austin, and if we make progress with the setup, Losail should be a good one too.

Having sampled the track, it has 1 hairpin everything else is medium and high speed corners. DRS is useless, and it's very easy to keep the ERS topped off.
I think we are (RBR) going to be "sitting ducks" in Austin. Dont forget that we are approx 10km/h slower on the straights. And this is with the merc running way more downforce on their RW.
TBH it was almost humiliating to see the lack of top speed at the Redbulls. Even Ferrari is becoming a serious threat.
There's only one real straight in Austin, the pit "straight" is pretty short with some clever energy management and trimming the car a bit, shouldn't be too bad. The RBR has the most downforce of any car, so they should be fine in the corners if they get the balance right. The car and circuit in the right window will make all the difference.

They were out of the window in Turkey and Mercedes smack dab in it and the difference was only .3, Mercedes falls out of the window and Red Bull gets in it and the tide can turn very quickly. Monaco Austria and Baku were cases of Mercedes not being in the window.
But in Baku, Monaco and Austria the old tyre was used. And dont forget the update after Silverstone mercedes had. It suits them all great. And another thing is that RBR lost their flexing rear wing advantage.

1. The new Pirelli tyres suits the Merc more
2. RBR lost the flexing rear wing
3. Mercedes had an amazing update on the whole package (running bigger RW and still have massive PU speed)

This really has nothing do of getting the car in the right spot. Max had balance problems thats true, and maybe they will solve it with Newey being back, but i think its going to be a horrible weekend. Lets hope that im wrong
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

etusch

yener wrote:
22 Oct 2021, 01:54

But in Baku, Monaco and Austria the old tyre was used. And dont forget the update after Silverstone mercedes had. It suits them all great. And another thing is that RBR lost their flexing rear wing advantage.

1. The new Pirelli tyres suits the Merc more
2. RBR lost the flexing rear wing
3. Mercedes had an amazing update on the whole package (running bigger RW and still have massive PU speed)

This really has nothing do of getting the car in the right spot. Max had balance problems thats true, and maybe they will solve it with Newey being back, but i think its going to be a horrible weekend. Lets hope that im wrong
At the start of the season many forumer was thinking merc is best again and they were saying that the forumers who think otherwise will start to cry a few race later. But by now we saw that, even merc itself, cried about redbull's and Honda's performance over radio, over media and over fia. but there were not Redbull fans who are crying.
They tried to stop their aero package, tried to stop their engine performance, tried to stop their excellent pit stops. Many forumers still insists that mercedes is faster. But when you look it out as rescued from "this is mercedes, this is hamilton" brain frame you can see that mercedes is a little faster or maybe not at last few races after that much fia helps for them and very aggressive engine mapping ( or maybe illegal something with the engine, it not need to be big, it can be small and fia can close eyes for it, they showed that they are openly backing mercedes during whole season. Think about Alonso's Norris claim and Massi's redicilous answer. Everybody saw what Norris did at sochi and what Massi had said. He of course has much much more data about it but he kid us by saying there is not much data about it to panelise Norris.)
Now everybody is talking about merc's silverstone update and how good it was. It is very comic I think. Because yes, ham got pole or something like that but at sprint race that updates didn't helped him to catch Verstappen. You may say that they understand update better race by race. But it is clear that it was engine mapping or something different with the engine because they were faster at Q but not race. In Turkey they had bigger wings. If it was silverstone update which brings them performance then why bigger wings? If their update were so good why they are pushing so hard on pu side ? In fact in sochi, Verstappen could fight easily with Ham if he hadn't start from back. Verstappen pace was not bad even pace of Perez.
Mercedes is there, ok. They put on their whole hand to the season. But their rivals still didn't open all they have.
Last edited by etusch on 22 Oct 2021, 14:21, edited 1 time in total.

Sieper

Thanks Etusch, good post and I often enjoy reading yours. I am between hope and fear for next race and indeed the championship. Let’s hope RBR really still is in the game.