2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gillian

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

godlameroso wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:41
I'm liking our chances in Austin, and if we make progress with the setup, Losail should be a good one too.

Having sampled the track, it has 1 hairpin everything else is medium and high speed corners. DRS is useless, and it's very easy to keep the ERS topped off.
Setup was key for sure. =D>

Can't wait for the race. Its very close and it will be a good one.

godlameroso

Gillian wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 00:27
godlameroso wrote:
18 Oct 2021, 14:41
I'm liking our chances in Austin, and if we make progress with the setup, Losail should be a good one too.

Having sampled the track, it has 1 hairpin everything else is medium and high speed corners. DRS is useless, and it's very easy to keep the ERS topped off.
Setup was key for sure. =D>

Can't wait for the race. Its very close and it will be a good one.
I love it when the team works together like a well oiled machine.
Saishū kōnā

langedweil

godlameroso wrote:
24 Oct 2021, 00:56

I love it when the team works together like a well oiled machine.
No, it's :

😎
HuggaWugga !

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

TNTHead

With Acura visible on all RB material it is clear that this race is a great opportunity for Honda to market their brand in the US. The estimation that Honda was conservative last race and is more aggresive this race seems correct, so far.
Now RB needs a clean first lap, and then we'll see. Hopefully Perez can keep pressure on HAM.

etusch

Good day for honda and for fans. Motogp double and F1 double podium

TNTHead

Max/RB extending their lead in the WDC standing. This could be the defining moment.
Well done, perfect outcome for RB.

Sieper

I thought this was France in reverse. But it wasn’t. Max willed it not to happen. I hope this is the defining moment indeed. It was a champions drive and imho he really deserves it this year.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

The battle still remains, just because RBR has historically been fast at Mexico and Brazil doesn't guarantee a walk in the park. Mexico is a very smooth track, and low speed traction is important, the RB16 may have an edge in sector 2 but sectors 1 and 3 can easily fall into Mercedes favor, chicanes slow speed turns and long corners with traction zones.

The team did well to pull out this win, because the rest of the tracks can really go either way.
Saishū kōnā

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 16:31
The battle still remains, just because RBR has historically been fast at Mexico and Brazil doesn't guarantee a walk in the park. Mexico is a very smooth track, and low speed traction is important, the RB16 may have an edge in sector 2 but sectors 1 and 3 can easily fall into Mercedes favor, chicanes slow speed turns and long corners with traction zones.

The team did well to pull out this win, because the rest of the tracks can really go either way.
Of course nothing is guranteed but Redbull car is very good car and they are very good operationally. They beat main rival at tracks they were unbeated in the era. So I trust them, they will do what needed at coming races.
By the way tires have very big affect on performance. With mediums of recent race Redbull was obviously faster and they are good when they are just behind of merc. They just not as good as merc with hards. If they had same advantage with hards too, it would be bery boring race.

Sieper

I am not sold on the compound difference, max had to pit very early. Thus the two white stints were compromised (when compared to Lewis).

I do trust RBR and Max. But it is not just about trusting the team you are rooting for. I will never forget Silverstone. And Baku can happen again. Bottas has 3 new engines. If Merc gets an advantage somewhere they can stick Bottas up there too. It was and will be very close.

DChemTech

Sieper wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 21:58
I am not sold on the compound difference, max had to pit very early. Thus the two white stints were compromised (when compared to Lewis).

I do trust RBR and Max. But it is not just about trusting the team you are rooting for. I will never forget Silverstone. And Baku can happen again. Bottas has 3 new engines. If Merc gets an advantage somewhere they can stick Bottas up there too. It was and will be very close.
Silverstone was poor, but it was a racing incident (sure, with more blame on the driver that continued, but it was not deliberate). I have more of an issue with the complete inadequacy of the FIA in administering track limits in Bahrain; if done properly, Max would have had much more time to wage a proper overtake, and that's a possible 7 points on the balance. And, all the obscure regulation changes that turn out in MB favor. There have been too much external influence this year.

Sieper

there has been, indeed. That adds to my feeling. Look, a lot has been said about Silverstone. The fact is none of us can know the intent of a driver. Not me (or anyone). It is only for the driver to know what he was thinking. But I cannot simply sweep it under the rug and shrug my shoulders and continue. I hurts bad and I wish it never happened like it did. This season is great, terrific, with incredible driving by two incredible guys (not saying there aren't others, but these two are now in competition). Hopefully it continues like that and we don't experience another chapter like that. One is too much already.

Alexf1

DChemTech wrote:
26 Oct 2021, 11:00
Sieper wrote:
25 Oct 2021, 21:58

Silverstone was poor, but it was a racing incident (sure, with more blame on the driver that continued, but it was not deliberate). I have more of an issue with the complete inadequacy of the FIA in administering track limits in Bahrain; if done properly, Max would have had much more time to wage a proper overtake, and that's a possible 7 points on the balance. And, all the obscure regulation changes that turn out in MB favor. There have been too much external influence this year.
Agreed. Merc made a lot of noise to FIA through AM on the floor changes early in the season just to get wing and pitstop changes through. If they had made same noise last year when floor changes were decided they would have been more credible. Now it was just too obvious it was to slow down RB because they had only few updates planned for 2021.