2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I don’t know where that 40hp rumor came from. Honda feels they've closed the gap, but not exceeded Mercedes. They say this fully expecting Mercedes to improve for 2021.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 20:28
Honda feels they've closed the gap, but not exceeded Mercedes.
When and where did Honda say this?
The Power of Dreams!

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

ispano6 wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 18:07
wowgr8 wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 07:50
Dee wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 10:14

Mudflap said the rumours going around about Honda upgrade is 40 HP
40hp no way. And in race conditions? I feel like if possible 40hp would be in peak power mode which is no longer used after he Monza rule change
The quali mode ban was good for Honda as it led to better software. It's been said by Tanabe that the year over year power gain is the largest ever during the hybrid era. So one can say that the RA621H is better than the 620H was than the 619H etc, which is a pretty big step. The 619H's step over the 618H was thanks to the turbocharger size and help from Honda Jet. It does make me wonder where else in the company did they tap for this year's improvement.
Guidance was sent in from outside the company. Although many prefer not to acknowledge the fact.
A question was being asked on the forum: Who helped Honda? I could have answered it but chose not to bother. Worry not though, because when RedBull Honda have mathematically sewn up the championship I intend to fully disclose, exactly what the silver bullet is.

ispano6

Slo Poke wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 21:22
ispano6 wrote:
wowgr8 wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 07:50

40hp no way. And in race conditions? I feel like if possible 40hp would be in peak power mode which is no longer used after he Monza rule change
The quali mode ban was good for Honda as it led to better software. It's been said by Tanabe that the year over year power gain is the largest ever during the hybrid era. So one can say that the RA621H is better than the 620H was than the 619H etc, which is a pretty big step. The 619H's step over the 618H was thanks to the turbocharger size and help from Honda Jet. It does make me wonder where else in the company did they tap for this year's improvement.
Guidance was sent in from outside the company. Although many prefer not to acknowledge the fact.
A question was being asked on the forum: Who helped Honda? I could have answered it but chose not to bother. Worry not though, because when RedBull Honda have mathematically sewn up the championship I intend to fully disclose, exactly what the silver bullet is.
What year are you talking about? Credit should go to where credit is due. You can't credit their development internal and subsidiary to an outside source, especially if it was after Asaki getting involved.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

ispano6 wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 21:27
Slo Poke wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

What year are you talking about? Credit should go to where credit is due. You can't credit their development internal and subsidiary to an outside source, especially if it was after Asaki getting involved.
This year and internal or subsidiary has nothing to do with it. There’s a silver bullet involved.

etusch

Albon: "Red Bull solved problems with RB16"

Alex Albon, who lost his seat in Red Bull after the 2020 season, was in the team's simulator throughout the winter and helped engineers to develop the team's 2021 vehicle, the RB16B.

Speaking in the Shakedown test of the new vehicle in Silverstone, Albon used the RB15 in the tests. Speaking after the day, Albon said, "RB16B was my winter project, I did too much in the simulation."

"Of course, last year's vehicle had its difficulties, and my job was to fix them and make sure the vehicle worked well."

"We learned a lot in the simulator. Everyone knows that last year's car has interesting features, and part of my job was to improve handling. We want to be the leader from the first race in Bahrain this year."

"It's nice to see that our efforts were not wasted and most of the work was used in the design of the RB16B. Judging by first impressions, everything is fine, ”he said.

Perez and Verstappen tested the RB16B vehicle, using the chassis of the RB16 at the 2020 Abu Dhabi GP, in the Shakedown test at Silverstone. Team boss Christian Horner commented on the RB16B as a "thoroughly updated version" of last year's vehicle.

Albon said the main work on the RB16B is on removing the flaws in the RB16.

"When you drive a new vehicle, you go back and try to find what was needed to improve last year's vehicle. This is something we've done with this year's vehicle and everything is going as planned. "

"The Shakedown test was to understand the personality of the RB16B. "It was to listen to the feedback of me, the engineers and the drivers, so I could go back to Milton Keynes and work on this aspect of the vehicle."

Perez, who was driving both the 2019 RB15 and 2021 RB16B in the test at Silverstone, had the following comments after the test day:

"After setting up a reference point for Red Bull with the RB15, I was very happy to get on my own vehicle, the vehicle I will drive this year. "This is great."

"I could feel the increased grip in all kinds of bends. I already feel this. I haven't done much but I already feel the vehicle has good potential.

Google Translate
https://tr.motorsport.com/f1/news/albon ... r/5518804/

Roostfactor
Roostfactor

Slo Poke wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 21:47
ispano6 wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:

This year and internal or subsidiary has nothing to do with it. There’s a silver bullet involved.
So why make us all wait?

godlameroso

Wouter wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 20:50
godlameroso wrote:
Tanabe-san said he's confident they've closed the gap, but not necessarily exceeded Mercedes.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Roostfactor wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 23:20
Slo Poke wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

So why make us all wait?
Because there's a lot riding on this, so in due time.
Saishū kōnā

ispano6

Slo Poke wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:

You're the one bringing up outside help and I'm talking about what resources Honda tapped internally for its final year, so whatever outside source you're talking about is not what my original post is about. Just like Honda Jet and Kumabou were utilized, I'm curious to know what other parts of Honda were used. If you want to mention Ilmor or some other source be my guest. But don't make it sound like everything Honda does gets credited to the outside source.

Slo Poke
Slo Poke

ispano6 wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 00:40
Slo Poke wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

You're the one bringing up outside help and I'm talking about what resources Honda tapped internally for its final year, so whatever outside source you're talking about is not what my original post is about. Just like Honda Jet and Kumabou were utilized, I'm curious to know what other parts of Honda were used. If you want to mention Ilmor or some other source be my guest. But don't make it sound like everything Honda does gets credited to the outside source.
Many prefer not to acknowledge the fact.

cheeRS
cheeRS

Roostfactor wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:
ispano6 wrote:

So why make us all wait?

Because it's likely a load of crap. This is a technical forum, no Reddit, but Slo persists in his rumor stirring. Plus, if he claims something now, he has to commit to it. Later, when we see an improved Honda engine he can say "see, I told you, they had the silver bullet."

F1 is a musical chairs for both engineers and drivers. Knowledge always gets shared legally or illicitly. This is nothing new so it's not worth mentioning unless you want to discuss straight facts.
🤭 wrote:
“Being the 'most successful statistically' has nothing to do with being the 'best'. neither when it comes to the cars, nor when it comes to the drivers” 😂

Roostfactor
Roostfactor

godlameroso wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 00:13
Roostfactor wrote:
Slo Poke wrote:

So why make us all wait?
Because there's a lot riding on this, so in due time.
I fully understand that but when he said the question had been asked and he "didn't bother" answering it, it makes it sound like somewhat public information.

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
07 Mar 2021, 00:04
Wouter wrote:
06 Mar 2021, 20:50
godlameroso wrote:
Tanabe-san said he's confident they've closed the gap, but not necessarily exceeded Mercedes.
When and were did Tanabe-san said that? Do you have a link?
I can't find any interview where he sad that.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

It was a quote a week or two ago, I forgot where I read it.
Saishū kōnā