2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

the pu differential is exagrated Max was on course for pole and his prac times on hard was very competitive the only conclution is that the pu are matched it shows in data .with strategy Rbr choose it was certain they will fail with a difference tack they can push Ham hard perhaps make mistake many possibilities.i dont make sence to gamble when you have pace take the fight to your opponent .Gambling is for midfield team like alpha

Bill

cmon guys stop making excuses Max run out tyres its clear as daylight medium compared to Hard which will last over 30 laps its not rocket science.After the crash Max had damage to diffuser and tyre cut according to Horner so he was bound to be slow

bonjon1979

Red Bull team management have a lot to answer for with the current state of affairs. They constantly defend the very worst driving, and it means that it's only going to get worse. According to horner, it's fine now to not even bother with corners. If you're behind, just straightline the chicane off track and overtake. It's just hard racing. If you fly up the inside out of control, drive another car off track - it's okay because both cars went off track. I really don't understand why none of the commentators don't stop horner and ask him how it would be possible for anyone on the outside to stay on track when you've got a torpedo coming up inside you, determined to take you out. It's an absolutely travesty, and it is completely destroying the sport. They constanlty complain about 'over-regulation' and penalties because they are the ones with a driver who is quite happy to break all the rules. OF course, they want to get rid of the penalties because then max can just run people off the road, straightline corners, break all the rules to stay ahead. It is no longer a sport if one driver is allowed to not play by the rules, however it seems that this is exactly the sort of situation Red bull want to exist. Horner and Red Bull team need to take a long hard look at how they're conducting themselves as this will only be worse in Abu Dhabi unless some strong words are had. I fully expect Max to take Hamilton out in the next GP, we'll hear Horner defend it as just hard racing and celebrate a championship. It's despicable.

Jaisonas

Gotta admin, that wasnt Max's best driving by a big margin. There's a point where you have to accept defeat instead of doing online public lobby game moves irl.

djones

Jaisonas wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 15:22
Gotta admin, that wasnt Max's best driving by a big margin. There's a point where you have to accept defeat instead of doing online public lobby game moves irl.
Yep.

But without the correct punishment, all that is happening is he is being enabled.

As much as I think what he has done this season is pretty disgusting, objectively you can maybe see how it comes about. There is Redbull and his dad constantly telling him he is a god that walks on water and never does wrong. Then you have the FIA not punishing dangerous moves, therefore encouraging them.

Swifty

godlameroso wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 01:12
Swifty wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 23:11
godlameroso wrote:
05 Dec 2021, 22:44
It's not over yet. I still think Verstappen can edge out Hamilton in Abu Dhabi. The hard tire is this round's medium tire, and they're only good for ~100km.
Sorry, man. I mean no harm, but... your predictions were kinda loosely this season...

Look at Abu Dhabi:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag ... zLaMM&s=10
No way Ham is not taking the W. Think Brazil 4x.
Incredible, you glean all of this from looking at a badly drawn track map, well never mind my 300 laps around in the simulator, just looking at a track map and you just know this is Interlagos 4x. Surely that badly drawn track map shows the cambers on the road, and you can just tell the apex speed :lol:
What are you babbling about? No one even tried the new Abu Dhabi circuit in real life, so i'll say it on pure layman terms so even some of the visitors can understand: Mercedes is monumental on straights, the team has been untouchable in this era regarding them (we know the data) and since Brazil, curves aren't RBR's advantage anymore. At least, not enough to bother the Mercs.

Also, RBR has an inferior power unit in Honda. Reliable? For sure. Powerful? Well, better than Ferrari...

How many straights did you see playing Gran Turismo? I'm confident there were enough to make Mercedes cars disappear once they get ahead of anyone.

Toto assembled the better car, the better PU and, of course, the better driver. Hamilton will seal the deal next weekend. You know, deep there, RBR crunched in the nick of time. Next sunday will prove this right. Time to focus 2022, mate.

diffuser

Bill wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 09:38
the pu differential is exagrated Max was on course for pole and his prac times on hard was very competitive the only conclution is that the pu are matched it shows in data .with strategy Rbr choose it was certain they will fail with a difference tack they can push Ham hard perhaps make mistake many possibilities.i dont make sence to gamble when you have pace take the fight to your opponent .Gambling is for midfield team like alpha
Max went on to the Medium to try and get a jump on Hamilton on the last restart and it worked. They knew full well the trade off and were hoping that Max could take the Mediums to the end of the race. I guess they presumed that if they would have started that last restart on Hards, they would have ended up behind Hamilton and never caught him.
Last edited by diffuser on 06 Dec 2021, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

The data showed that Max slammed on the brakes with Hamilton right behind him to the tune of 2.4Gs, on a straight in a DRS zone at that.

Max just looks like he's acknowledging to driving the slower car, seeing his first F1 title slipping away and doing anything(legal or not) to prevent it from happening.

I'm no Hamilton or Merc fan by any stretch of the imagination.

Jambier

Do you have hopes for 2022?
I think 2021 was the chance…

NathanOlder

Not sure where to put this, but I guess in here is as good a place than any.

After the race Horner spoke to Sky and was praising Max saying "Sector 1 is all about the driver and Sector 2 & 3 is all about the power unit." sector 1, thats the sector Max was putting a gap to Lewis for most of the race.

Did Horner forget for most of that Max was ona better tyre than Lewis, and Lewis was in Max's turbulent air. Does he not think fans can see this.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Juzh

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 20:44

After the race Horner spoke to Sky and was praising Max saying "Sector 1 is all about the driver and Sector 2 & 3 is all about the power unit." sector 1, thats the sector Max was putting a gap to Lewis for most of the race.

Did Horner forget for most of that Max was ona better tyre than Lewis, and Lewis was in Max's turbulent air. Does he not think fans can see this.
Verstappen was faster in S1 for most of the weekend, not just the race itself. Hard tyre wasn't anything to scoff at in terms of performance. I don't think medium held any meaningful advantage after a few laps.

diffuser

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 20:44

Are we really expecting Horner not to be bipartisan to his own driver ? He's not gonna go out there and bash Max. Everything I've seen from Horner is he not trying to get what's right. He's trying to get the most advantage as possible regardless of what he thinks is the truth. I don't expect anything less from him. It isn't his job to police F1, it is his job to get the maximum points for RBR. That includes blurring the lines about how good max is. Even though Max is arguably the best out there.

Juzh

Swifty wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 17:29
Toto assembled the better car, the better PU and, of course, the better driver.
Earlier in the season when Hamilton was under real pressure of not having by far the best performing car and worse season prospects he was falling off the track every second race. If it were not for Bottas playing bowling in Hungary then Hamilton's title chances would be much, much further away than what they are now. It's easy to play strategic mind games on track if you're in an inherently faster car that's also sh1tloads faster on straights, thus making it dead easy to put constant pressure on the guy in front.

Case in point: everyone knew Perez was never going to overtake hamilton in mexico and that Verstappen was never getting past hamilton in USA because red bull's advantage came from being fast in corners and snail slow on straights. Fast forward to brazil, and everyone with an ounce of brainpower knew Verstappen will be done for at one point in the race and exactly the same scenario happened in Saudi Arabia (and will happen again in abu dhabi if verstappen somehow gets ahead of hamilton on track).

Pany

NathanOlder wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 01:45
godlameroso wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 01:23
Baku 2017 Vettel got a 10 second stop and go penalty for running into the back of Hamilton's car, where was Hamilton's 10 second stop and go penalty for running into Verstappen? In Baku Vettel claimed Hamilton brake checked him just like here. What a yoke!
in Baku didn't the telemetry say Lewis didn't brake. In Saudi the telemetry showed Max DID. you feeling alright tonight?

also Vet didn't get a penalty for running in to the back of Ham. he got it for pulling alongside and swiping at him. all under a SC .
In baku lewis decellerated quite abruptly. Max did brake, yes, quite softly in order to let lewis pass.

dans79

Pany wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 21:42
NathanOlder wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 01:45
godlameroso wrote:
06 Dec 2021, 01:23
Baku 2017 Vettel got a 10 second stop and go penalty for running into the back of Hamilton's car, where was Hamilton's 10 second stop and go penalty for running into Verstappen? In Baku Vettel claimed Hamilton brake checked him just like here. What a yoke!
in Baku didn't the telemetry say Lewis didn't brake. In Saudi the telemetry showed Max DID. you feeling alright tonight?

also Vet didn't get a penalty for running in to the back of Ham. he got it for pulling alongside and swiping at him. all under a SC .
In baku lewis decellerated quite abruptly. Max did brake, yes, quite softly in order to let lewis pass. You are a lier
69 bar of brake pressure, and 2.4G of deceleration is not braking "softly"!
197 104 103 7