2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dans79

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

west52keep64 wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 02:28
Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 21:20
MtthsMlw wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 19:58

What is it? What was promised?
One last important update, which they have already tested in SA.
Could you post more information please? What is the update, and what are the potential benefits? Images would be excellent.
https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... en-risiko/
197 104 103 7

west52keep64

dans79 wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 02:42
west52keep64 wrote:
Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 21:20

One last important update, which they have already tested in SA.
Could you post more information please? What is the update, and what are the potential benefits? Images would be excellent.
Nothing credible then, just the suggestion of a "trick" that didn't work. Where's the evidence, where are the pictures? Where's the analysis? This is a technical forum, is it not?

dans79

west52keep64 wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 02:46
dans79 wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 02:42
west52keep64 wrote:

Nothing credible then, just the suggestion of a "trick" that didn't work. Where's the evidence, where are the pictures? Where's the analysis? This is a technical forum, is it not?
I didn't claim anything, that's just the only article I could find that referenced anything new!
197 104 103 7

Wouter

Honda's head of power unit development Asaki-san said a while ago that they would save the best for the last race(s).
This can only be achieved if the car is optimal. Everything has to be right.
Over the past few weekends with Gasly and Yuki, it was already apparent how good the Honda PU is.
Their car is with the right setup already optimal , so they were able to show everyone the full potential of the Honda PU.
RBR indicates in this Tweet without saying anything that this will now also be the case with RBR.
This cargo box is not from Jeddah. Those from Jeddah were already at the track on Monday.
The Power of Dreams!

Jolle
Jolle

Wouter wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 11:45
Honda's head of power unit development Asaki-san said a while ago that they would save the best for the last race(s).
Over the past few weekends with Gasly and Yuki, it was already apparent how good the Honda PU is.
Their car is with the right setup already optimal , so they were able to show everyone the full potential of the Honda PU.
RBR indicates in this Tweet without saying anything that this will now also be the case with RBR.
This cargo box is not from Jeddah. Those from Jeddah were already at the track on Monday.
You do realise that next to the two redbull airfreight cargo boxes on one of the photos are two identical Mercedes cargo containers? They were just unloaded from Jeddah.
“Special delivers” from the factory usually come in “normal” boxes or flightcases, not in these DHL air containers that go from fly-away to fly-away.

PhillipM
PhillipM

Yep, just normal parts and spares.

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
Nothing to lose if the whole lot self destructs as it crosses the line after this race, just as well wring every last drop out of it. Then again it applies to all cars.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Wouter

Jolle wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 11:54
Wouter wrote:
You do realise that next to the two redbull airfreight cargo boxes on one of the photos are two identical Mercedes cargo containers? They were just unloaded from Jeddah.
“Special delivers” from the factory usually come in “normal” boxes or flightcases, not in these DHL air containers that go from fly-away to fly-away.
Yes, I know that's common. However, it is up to RBR how they send their stuff.
Three forum members asked me a number of questions to which I answered what I know.
You are free to do whatever you want with my answer.
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Wouter wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 12:31
Jolle wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Three forum members asked me a number of questions to which I answered what I know.
Could even be fresh catering supplies remembering what is available localy and what is not :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

What on earth is going on with Red Bull? It feels like they've lost the plot a little bit. They seem to be complaining about the Mercedes being too fast, and they're beaten already. First of all, the whole sport is about building the fastest car. You don't hear mclaren complaining about losing a second in the corners to Red Bull. Second, this idea that because mercedes are faster that some how warrants not following the rules of racing? Merc have got the fastest car, so of course we should be allowed to go off track. Why all this talk about 'white lines'? It's only the track, we shouldn't actually have to follow it or stay on it to win races. It's absolute madness. They've all drunk the Verstappen Koolaid, it's so ugly to see.

diffuser

Tvetovnato wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:06
diffuser wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:00
Jolle wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 15:55

The whole weekend it looked like RedBull saw their only chance to have track position. This is why, I think, Verstappen took incredible risk in Q3, why they didn’t pit during the safety car (just imagine where they would end up if it wasn’t red flagged) and putting on the mediums to jump Hamilton at the restart.
Yep and during quali on that last lap, Max had no idea what Hamilton's time was. Plus, that last sector, Merc was a 10th and a half faster than RBR.
He did know, Lambiase told him on the radio what time Lewis had done just before he started his lap (available on F1TV onboards)
Well, in that case, I don't understand why he kept pushing so hard.

Jolle
Jolle

Wouter wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 12:31
Jolle wrote:
Wouter wrote:
Yes its up to redbull how to package their stuff, but not this way I’m afraid. These normally don’t leave the airport/customs because normal freight has to be unpacked there and declared. These air-containers have special permission because they go from circuit to circuit. If you ship something from Heathrow or Fuji, you have to go through the normal procedures and it will be taken out of its air-container (where it would sit in its own box/case/whatever.

The circuit to circuit transport for non-European races is provided by DHL, every team gets a few of these containers that they can stuff full anyway they like, mostly spare parts. The non race car bits (like pit equipment etc) normally bunny jumps by sea travel with several sets (packed in sea containers)
Before every fly-away this is how the pit lane looks. Two air freight containers per team, put there by DHL.

Gillian
Gillian

diffuser wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 13:05
Tvetovnato wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:06
diffuser wrote:
07 Dec 2021, 18:00

Yep and during quali on that last lap, Max had no idea what Hamilton's time was. Plus, that last sector, Merc was a 10th and a half faster than RBR.
He did know, Lambiase told him on the radio what time Lewis had done just before he started his lap (available on F1TV onboards)
Well, in that case, I don't understand why he kept pushing so hard.
It was just a little mistake that made him lockup in the final corner. He braked at the same point but he had more speed than his lap before... Because of that he had to abort his lap and not get pole or push through and hope for the best. He did the latter and crashed.

The final corner isn't difficult nor is there a lot of time to gain by pushing hard. In the interview after qualifying he said he braked at the same point and didn't understand what had happened yet. The thing is he should have braked earlier/harder but he probably didn't notice how much faster he was than the lap before at point.

Jambier

bonjon1979 wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 12:39
What on earth is going on with Red Bull? It feels like they've lost the plot a little bit. They seem to be complaining about the Mercedes being too fast, and they're beaten already. First of all, the whole sport is about building the fastest car. You don't hear mclaren complaining about losing a second in the corners to Red Bull. Second, this idea that because mercedes are faster that some how warrants not following the rules of racing? Merc have got the fastest car, so of course we should be allowed to go off track. Why all this talk about 'white lines'? It's only the track, we shouldn't actually have to follow it or stay on it to win races. It's absolute madness. They've all drunk the Verstappen Koolaid, it's so ugly to see.
This is mainly because Mercedes (under frozen regulation this year) suddenly unlocked a lot of pace from their car, making it unbeatable.

Of course, this is suspicious, and more than that RB is really frustrated that suddendly they can't fight anymore, and also I think they are angry with themselves not having saw that coming and not pushing as hard as needed to progress all the year.

RB was usually the best team to finish the season, and the year they are fighting for championship, they don't and will lose both title because of that.

Once season is finished they really need to think about how they managed badly this season, both them and Verstappen

dans79

Jambier wrote:
08 Dec 2021, 15:47
This is mainly because Mercedes (under frozen regulation this year) suddenly unlocked a lot of pace from their car, making it unbeatable.
I think the pace was always there, they just spent most of the season trying to overcome issues from the beginning of the season!
197 104 103 7