2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ivanlesk

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Btw, if you check Max onboard camera, he left track in turn 4 in one of opening laps. Any comment on that?

DChemTech

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:00
DChemTech wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 18:55
ivanlesk wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 18:53

Do you also have count how many times did Max abuse track limits in turn 4?
He started doing that only after it was clear lewis was not being punished. Ig the stewards were fair, this wouldnt even be a question
Until when... The same story ever and ever. Maybe you're so blind to see that FIA changes interpretation middle race because what? Hypocrite is who not see it, and always hurting the same ( or giving advantage to the same)
Eh, i am on the same side as you here

ispano6

Juzh wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:04
How can these kind of little issues only come up on lap 1 of the race, but not during 3 days of testing, free practice and qualifying? Amazing.
Seriously.
Last edited by ispano6 on 28 Mar 2021, 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

Marti_EF3

DChemTech wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:10
Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:00
DChemTech wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 18:55

He started doing that only after it was clear lewis was not being punished. Ig the stewards were fair, this wouldnt even be a question
Until when... The same story ever and ever. Maybe you're so blind to see that FIA changes interpretation middle race because what? Hypocrite is who not see it, and always hurting the same ( or giving advantage to the same)
Eh, i am on the same side as you here
That went to Ivanlesk

Marti_EF3

ivanlesk wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:06
Btw, if you check Max onboard camera, he left track in turn 4 in one of opening laps. Any comment on that?
At least 7 times I've seen Ham doing off track at turn 4? And then who got punished is...? Any comments??

Jaisonas

Results aside, that was a great race.

Wouter

From the race directors notes about track limits during the race:

21.2 Race
a) The track limits at the exit of Turn 4 will not be monitored with regard to setting a lap time, as
the defining limits are the artificial grass and the gravel trap in that location.

Huh??
The Power of Dreams!

PhillipM

Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:23
At least 7 times I've seen Ham doing off track at turn 4? And then who got punished is...? Any comments??
He got warned for it and told a 5 second penalty if he did it again. Just like Max not getting punished for it, until he gained a clear and lasting advantage (overtaking Lewis off track)

ispano6

Wouter wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:16

21.2 Race
a) The track limits at the exit of Turn 4 will not be monitored with regard to setting a lap time, as
the defining limits are the artificial grass and the gravel trap in that location.

Huh??
Max was ahead in the corner before he left the track, with no where else to go. Replays from different angles show him ahead of Lewis, Red Bull should have argued for a proper review before ceding so quickly. Race control seemed awfully quick to decide that Max had made the pass while off track.

kfrantzios

Wouter wrote:

21.2 Race

Huh??
If i may, let me add the entire regulation on that.

21.2 Race
a)The track limits at the exit of Turn 4 will not be monitored with regard to setting a lap time, as the defining limits are the artificial grass and the gravel trap in that location.
b)In all cases during the race, Drivers are reminded of the provisions of Article 27.3 of the Sporting Regulations.

27.3 Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason.Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.Should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage. At the absolute discretion of the Race Director a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track.

siskue2005

ispano6 wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:27
Wouter wrote:

21.2 Race

Huh??
Max was ahead in the corner before he left the track, with no where else to go. Replays from different angles show him ahead of Lewis, Red Bull should have argued for a proper review before ceding so quickly. Race control seemed awfully quick to decide that Max had made the pass while off track.
Its not being ahead; its always been how to overtake and complete the corner where u overtook someone

Its being talked to death since 2008 SPA, its very clear for everyone, thats why the swift action from FIA and RBR and Max himself

The no room for me to go excuse has always been thrown out of window... 2010 Siverstone Alonso pulled the same excuse and he got a drive through... i am sure FIA would have done the same, and everyone including Max kmows that.

ispano6

PhillipM wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:27
Marti_EF3 wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:23
He got warned for it and told a 5 second penalty if he did it again. Just like Max not getting punished for it, until he gained a clear and lasting advantage (overtaking Lewis off track)

Sieper

Juzh wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 19:04
How can these kind of little issues only come up on lap 1 of the race, but not during 3 days of testing, free practice and qualifying? Amazing.
Max lost quite a lot in the mini sectors due to the differential issue. Was also clear to see him struggle out of the corners. Perez with the car blacking out. This makes me fearful. RBR just never had a year they were reliable and now it has already cost them in race 1.

Wouter

kfrantzios wrote:
28 Mar 2021, 20:29
Wouter wrote:

21.2 Race

Huh??
If i may, let me add the entire regulation on that.

21.2 Race
a)The track limits at the exit of Turn 4 will not be monitored with regard to setting a lap time, as the defining limits are the artificial grass and the gravel trap in that location.
b)In all cases during the race, Drivers are reminded of the provisions of Article 27.3 of the Sporting Regulations.

27.3 Drivers must make every reasonable effort to use the track at all times and may not deliberately leave the track without a justifiable reason.Drivers will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with it and, for the avoidance of doubt, any white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not.Should a car leave the track the driver may re-join, however, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage. At the absolute discretion of the Race Director a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track.

Thank you. I didn't see that. Now it makes sense.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

Look, it's obvious the RBR is faster than the Mercedes. Hamilton banked on track position, and Verstappen waited too long to switch to the hards. About 3 laps too long. Had Perez not shortened the race by 1 lap, and Mazepin not causing the safety car, Verstappen would have had enough laps to make the pass stick. He got too carried away.

It's obvious that he doesn't need to worry about Bottas too much, he's not fast enough to affect the battle between Hamilton and Verstappen.

It's a matter of not letting this happen again, Verstappen isn't racing Bottas he's racing Hamilton, he has to beat Hamilton.

Perez will be there in qualifying eventually, the race pace was very good, so he will be there to cover Bottas or bother Hamilton soon enough.

We let Hamilton not only get track position on us, but we let him build a gap because we stayed out a few too many laps on the aging mediums. I imagine there's some learning curve with these new tires as they have only just been used in race conditions.

Still, no excuses, we lost even though we have the better driver and the faster car, we got beat by strategy. Verstappen was too eager to pass Hamilton, and that cost him the race.

There's still 22 races and an entire championship to play for. I think Verstappen was disappointed because he knows he had the result in the bag.

Now know despite the small advantage here that advantage is not guaranteed to last all season, and even if the car is faster and you think it will be boring to just parade at the front, it doesn't matter, you have to do everything possible to win because Hamilton will do everything in his power to beat you and he's not that far behind.
Saishū kōnā