2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wowgr8

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

The ICE hasn't changed though? It's only the hybrid system so in theory shouldn't the ICE be interchangeable?

Ced
Ced

wowgr8 wrote:
27 Oct 2021, 10:05
The ICE hasn't changed though? It's only the hybrid system so in theory shouldn't the ICE be interchangeable?
If I remember well they said that the new PU need a different installation in the car. In fact some components have been relocated. They are not able to mix the new one with the older.

JPower

Not a fan of Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez but it looks like Ferrari should be set up for success here.

Shorter track, low demand on the ICE, full downforce setup, needs good mechanical grip in the various low speed sections.

Perfect chance to pass McLaren here. Lando still on the original 3 PU's. Interested to see how long that will last. I think it started to hurt him at COTA.

Wouter

Carlos is already a couple a days in Mexico with Isa. This is hilarious ! 😂 😂 😂 Sound on!

The Power of Dreams!

Mansell89

JPower wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 18:46
Not a fan of Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez but it looks like Ferrari should be set up for success here.

Shorter track, low demand on the ICE, full downforce setup, needs good mechanical grip in the various low speed sections.

Perfect chance to pass McLaren here. Lando still on the original 3 PU's. Interested to see how long that will last. I think it started to hurt him at COTA.
I agree I think Mexico could really see Ferrari in good light- wonder if they could put a spanner in the works of RBR and Merc?

JPower

Mansell89 wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 23:09
JPower wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 18:46

I agree I think Mexico could really see Ferrari in good light- wonder if they could put a spanner in the works of RBR and Merc?
Mercedes says they've got their engine ready for high altitude work and Red Bull is usually way out front at Mexico so I don't know how close they'll be on race pace. Might mess up someone's day in quali though.

codetower

JPower wrote:
03 Nov 2021, 04:25
Mansell89 wrote:
02 Nov 2021, 23:09

Mercedes says they've got their engine ready for high altitude work and Red Bull is usually way out front at Mexico so I don't know how close they'll be on race pace. Might mess up someone's day in quali though.
Pace is one place I feel the new hybrid unit has helped the most. It's allowed them to keep the higher power more consistently throughout the race. They don't seem to be limited to a single lap (or a single sector) of power charge at a time then having a big drop off. They've shown MUCH improved pace over the last few races.

I think they could surprise at this circuit. They already have the chassis for it, and with better speed and pace, they could surprise.

e30ernest

Wouter wrote:
01 Nov 2021, 21:05
Carlos is already a couple a days in Mexico with Isa. This is hilarious ! 😂 😂 😂 Sound on!

I've learned not to screw around with monkeys after I got bitten by one when I was a child.

To be fair, it was my fault though. :mrgreen:

JPower

As is standard this year, its not officially a race weekend until one of the Ferraris has a spin. :lol:

JPower

Ferrari will be able to use the previous PU's with the new ERS now. Big help down the stretch. Sainz ran an older engine today. Extremely conservative tune on both cars.

Mansell89

JPower wrote:
06 Nov 2021, 01:45

Ferrari will be able to use the previous PU's with the new ERS now. Big help down the stretch. Sainz ran an older engine today. Extremely conservative tune on both cars.
Good to know this- good for them in terms of not trying to use another engine down the stretch.

JPower

Apparently they've changed the setup to promote more downforce today. Supposedly will be much quicker in FP3. Fingers crossed.

Also, Norris to take new PU. Time to capitalize.

Mansell89

Le Clerc just can’t quite get the balance right can he- I’m convinced there is more pace in the car for this circuit but they seem to just lose the rear when they try and get the power down.

Not long left to sort it or else they might not make the most of their opportunity today

JPower

Mansell89 wrote:
06 Nov 2021, 20:16
Le Clerc just can’t quite get the balance right can he- I’m convinced there is more pace in the car for this circuit but they seem to just lose the rear when they try and get the power down.

Not long left to sort it or else they might not make the most of their opportunity today
I have a feeling his penchant for running less downforce has been hurting him thus far. Sainz tends to run as much as possible and looked pretty good.

JPower

Sainz brought it home in Q3. Good job beating Ricciardo even without the benefit of a tow.

Don't know what happened to Charles' last run. I'll have to check the tape.

P6/P8 wasn't as good as expected but they can still gain a good jump in the constructors' from there.