2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
politburo

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

JPower wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 18:06
Both drivers are pissed. Sainz didn't say a word on the cool down lap.
I can understand, it kinda feels like a race-win stolen from the team. It's so painful even as just a supporter, as although the car is clearly slower you just hold on to hope since they are first, and then that hope is inevitably crushed into so many pieces ruthlessly like a compressive load test on a brittle material. Literally the only driver faster in the whole field was Hamilton.

Great result for the team P2, P6.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

politburo

El Scorchio wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:29
Gutted for Charles today. Where did that stellar pace come from though? Tyres, pressures, ambient or track temps?
This is a great question, if they can figure it out and have more races like this it will be cherry on top of the rebound season.

LM10

politburo wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:32
El Scorchio wrote:
Gutted for Charles today. Where did that stellar pace come from though? Tyres, pressures, ambient or track temps?
This is a great question, if they can figure it out and have more races like this it will be cherry on top of the rebound season.
Their race pace has gotten better progressively, not from zero to today’s pace. They’ve had much better performance the last couple of races than in the first half of the season.

Just_a_fan

LM10 wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:35
politburo wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
Their race pace has gotten better progressively, not from zero to today’s pace. They’ve had much better performance the last couple of races than in the first half of the season.
If they keep up this progression, they could affect the outcome of the title races even though they won't be directly involved. Imagine a few "stolen" race wins near the end of the season. Could get very spicy.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

politburo

LM10 wrote:
politburo wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
The race pace has been strong yes but combining that with the whole weekend will be key, seems they have hit the sweet spot for the race pace. This, Imola and Monaco are truly the only races where we can say the entire weekend has been strong imo. I say this because It's already a great season compared to the last, the team has already scored more points than they did all of last year, but if they can contend for 2nd or 3rd place (maybe) in the races it will be a cherry on top...

codetower

How was HAM able to pull out THAT much more pace in the final 12 laps when the rest of the race, including BOT for ALL of the race was pretty consistent? It wasn’t .3, .4 seconds per lap… it was almost a full second. Thats huge.

LM10

Just_a_fan wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:37
LM10 wrote:
politburo wrote:

If they keep up this progression, they could affect the outcome of the title races even though they won't be directly involved. Imagine a few "stolen" race wins near the end of the season. Could get very spicy.
You might be right there!

JPower

codetower wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:51
How was HAM able to pull out THAT much more pace in the final 12 laps when the rest of the race, including BOT for ALL of the race was pretty consistent? It wasn’t .3, .4 seconds per lap… it was almost a full second. Thats huge.
As usual, he was able to manage his tires better than Bottas. He did a longer stint on the mediums so his tires were fine by the end of the race. Once Bottas said he wasn't going to make it until the end of the race at his pace, it was over.

Andres125sx

codetower wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:51
Hamilton always manage to put heat into the tires much easier than the rest, his aggressive driving style is a good match with the stone hard tires used in last stint, when people struggle to put them into their operating window, Lewis reach that window easily

And he´s Hamilton
Last edited by Andres125sx on 19 Jul 2021, 12:51, edited 1 time in total.

Andres125sx

Carl Mccoy wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:15
Great race by Ferrari. I don't expect such good pace. Charles is best thing happen to Ferrari since Michael.
When he wins a title for Ferrari I could agree. Meanwhile Alonso did much more for Ferrari than Charles has done yet (fighting for titles with an inferior car)

But I agree he´s one of those special drivers who can do things wich didn´t look possible

El Scorchio

politburo wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
It feels like most of the magic for Leclerc was in that medium tyre. He was brilliant on that and indicated he could have gone longer. I have to admit I don't know how Sainz fared on the same tyre, but driving in the lead is different to driving in the pack. For whatever reason the hard seemed to work better for Hamilton. Maybe he was the one able to take that tyre into the sweet spot like Leclerc on the medium

thetruth

Andres125sx wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 12:50
Carl Mccoy wrote:
18 Jul 2021, 19:15
Great race by Ferrari. I don't expect such good pace. Charles is best thing happen to Ferrari since Michael.
When he wins a title for Ferrari I could agree. Meanwhile Alonso did much more for Ferrari than Charles has done yet (fighting for titles with an inferior car)

But I agree he´s one of those special drivers who can do things wich didn´t look possible
I didn’t remember Alonso won the WDC with the Ferrari F14T 😅

JPower

El Scorchio wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 13:00
politburo wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
It feels like most of the magic for Leclerc was in that medium tyre. He was brilliant on that and indicated he could have gone longer. I have to admit I don't know how Sainz fared on the same tyre, but driving in the lead is different to driving in the pack. For whatever reason the hard seemed to work better for Hamilton. Maybe he was the one able to take that tyre into the sweet spot like Leclerc on the medium
When Ricciardo pitted, Sainz had clean air and for a few laps was the quickest car on track until Bottas started pushing.

He was very quick in clean air as usual.

El Scorchio

JPower wrote:
19 Jul 2021, 14:56
El Scorchio wrote:
politburo wrote:

When Ricciardo pitted, Sainz had clean air and for a few laps was the quickest car on track until Bottas started pushing.

He was very quick in clean air as usual.
Very promising then!

codetower

El Scorchio wrote:
politburo wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:
Yep, the clean air definitely helps. Binotto made reference to Carlos driving faster with the clear track ahead. Also, I believe Leclerc was also posting personal best on the hards as well; But no matter, the SF21 doesn’t have the speed of the Mercedes.

As heart breaking as it was to see Charles lose out on P1 in the final 2 laps, it WAS to a Mercedes, with Hamilton driving. It definitely could have been worse. I’m very excited about the rest of the season and beyond. And Hungary looks like a track where the Ferrari could be strong as well.