2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
the EDGE
the EDGE

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

ryaan2904 wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 06:07
It's not cheating. You arnt allowed to test new cars or car updates but rules arnt so clear about engine testing.
Actually it’s very clear…
10) TRACK RUNNING TIME OUTSIDE AN EVENT, WIND TUNNEL TESTING AND POWER UNIT BENCH TESTING
10.1 Testing of Current Cars (TCC) shall be defined as any track running time, not part of an Event, in which a Competitor entered in the Championship participates (or in which a third party participates on behalf of a Competitor or a supplier of a homologated power unit), using cars which were designed and built in order to comply with the Technical Regulations of the Championship, or those of the preceding year’s or the following year’s Championships. No Competitor may sell or make available any such car of the current year to any third party without the prior authorisation of the FIA.
Section 10 p7 & appendix 10 p91

Read it for yourself…

https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... -07-12.pdf

JPower
JPower

wowgr8 wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 11:10
They'll have the FDA drivers in the car today, and I wonder whether that's about getting them used to F1 cars or whether the young drivers are also helping with the sim work
I think that's the answer.

aleks_ader

JPower wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 17:01
wowgr8 wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 11:10
They'll have the FDA drivers in the car today, and I wonder whether that's about getting them used to F1 cars or whether the young drivers are also helping with the sim work
I think that's the answer.
Yeah i agree. Plus i would arguue, They could legally get more engine data that would u think. There is no point cruising with lower engine modes. F1 cars don't like to go slow anyway. So any failures are even welcoming. For any engineers. I m sure couple of people will take a look into that engines. Thats invaluable datapoints for sim, and FEA analyse teams. Consequently that helps 2022 engine also, engineers cannot unlearn lessons. More so software and calibration teams need real world data more than anybody.

EDIT: Even its just 2yrs car tech. :D Nowadays sure, simulation tools for vehicle mule testing on rigs and even in virtual environments are crucial for performance and quick development. But nothing beats real-world testing and self check at any movement in design process - even more during software upgrade or patch.
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Schippke
Schippke

https://grandpx.news/leclerc-unwell-at- ... FpOYjNacDY

Leclerc ‘unwell’ at Monza after Binotto dispute.

According to the rumour, the nausea and headache was the result of “the tension and anger that had accumulated in the previous hours”.

The publication says Binotto had triggered the angst by informing Leclerc that Ferrari would focus more on teammate Carlos Sainz’s development input, because the Spaniard’s feedback is more reliable.

Not sure if I believe this in its entirety... BUT I've seen this floating around other sites too and on social media... curious.

Zynerji

Schippke wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 16:02

According to the rumour, the nausea and headache was the result of “the tension and anger that had accumulated in the previous hours”.

The publication says Binotto had triggered the angst by informing Leclerc that Ferrari would focus more on teammate Carlos Sainz’s development input, because the Spaniard’s feedback is more reliable.

Not sure if I believe this in its entirety... BUT I've seen this floating around other sites too and on social media... curious.
One has to then question how much the McLaren's current success is due to Sainz's input over the last 2 years if it does turn out to be true. :!:

wowgr8
wowgr8

How would Binotto telling Leclerc that make him physically sick? And whilst I don't believe that story, I think focusing on Sainz is wise, he is the more analytical and smart of the two and he also has experience with lots of other cars & teams that comes in handy
Last edited by wowgr8 on 18 Sep 2021, 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

Zynerji

wowgr8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 16:41
How would Binotto telling Leclerc that make him physically sick? And whilst I don't believe that story, I think focusing on Sainz is wise, he is the more analytical and smart of the two and he also has experience with lots of other cars that comes in handy
I think LeClerc is very fast, but very emotionally fragile and self-flagellating. His comments last year when he went off track, and Sebastian passed him for third in the race is a prime example as to how thin his ice really is.

wowgr8
wowgr8

What did he say?

Zynerji

wowgr8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 18:24
What did he say?

MV8
MV8

Zynerji wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 17:15
wowgr8 wrote:
How would Binotto telling Leclerc that make him physically sick? And whilst I don't believe that story, I think focusing on Sainz is wise, he is the more analytical and smart of the two and he also has experience with lots of other cars that comes in handy
I think LeClerc is very fast, but very emotionally fragile and self-flagellating. His comments last year when he went off track, and Sebastian passed him for third in the race is a prime example as to how thin his ice really is.
He has that mood since he started, he wants to win, for him don't win or don't have the chance to fight for wins are really annoying, and it's not easy to accept this when you are like that, he is selfdemanding.
Just posting

Zynerji

MV8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 18:51
Zynerji wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 17:15
wowgr8 wrote:
He has that mood since he started, he wants to win, for him don't win or don't have the chance to fight for wins are really annoying, and it's not easy to accept this when you are like that, he is selfdemanding.
Yeah. I develop people for a living.

I don't hire these types of personalities anymore, ever. They are a black-hole of negativity and they see ghosts in the shadows because paranoia overcomes everything else. I know EXACTLY what he is.

He's fast, but the ceiling that mentality puts on him will prevent him from reaching greatness. I've seen it too many times!

MV8
MV8

Btw, The news about Binotto-Leclerc problem seems fake to be honest, I know what I say, no good information resources, just fandom things
Just posting

adrianjordan

MV8 wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 22:32
Btw, The news about Binotto-Leclerc problem seems fake to be honest, I know what I say, no good information resources, just fandom things
I mean the radio quote where he says he needs to come in but can't say why on the radio....assumption being a toilet related requirement....would definitely suggest it was something actually physical.

The amount of mental focus required to drive an F1 car would likely put any anxiety related symptoms on pause.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

Ced
Ced

Schippke wrote:
18 Sep 2021, 16:02

Fake newz !!
How people can simply sit and imagine such story ?

Schippke
Schippke

Thought I'd share just to see where everyone else's heads were at with it... backing Sainz however and taking more of his input, wouldn't be a bad thing being more experienced than Leclerc is.