2021 Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
JPower

Re: 2021 Ferrari F1 Team

Although I wouldn’t be surprised at disagreements around who should lead setup development, the need to embellish with yelling match and the headache is silly.

MV8
MV8

Schippke wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 02:01
Thought I'd share just to see where everyone else's heads were at with it... backing Sainz however and taking more of his input, wouldn't be a bad thing being more experienced than Leclerc is.
I think Ferrari have been doing that since the 3rd race, they know that Carlos is really good for the development of the car (McLaren), but that doesn't mean that they are going to "focus" on him, just fake news that people expand like always, nothing bad with you, is interesting to see how some "journalists" wants to destabilize Ferrari.
Forza.
Just posting

JPBD1990

Agree. I think it’s perfectly possible there was a disagreement, but the rest is embellishment with the intent of destabilising Ferrari and Leclerc himself.

Binotto has been the media (and fan bases) favourite ‘bad guy’ since we lost the ‘cool guy’ Arrivebene, made worse by the engine controversy. This is all just an extension of that. Any ‘angle’ they can spin, they will.

wowgr8

I struggle to believe Binotto would even tell Leclerc that. Development isn't Binary, "we value Carlos' input more so you're useless now" that's not really how it works

the EDGE

JPBD1990 wrote:
20 Sep 2021, 09:28
Agree. I think it’s perfectly possible there was a disagreement, but the rest is embellishment with the intent of destabilising Ferrari and Leclerc himself.

Binotto has been the media (and fan bases) favourite ‘bad guy’ since we lost the ‘cool guy’ Arrivebene, made worse by the engine controversy. This is all just an extension of that. Any ‘angle’ they can spin, they will.
Of course it’s rubbish, he had the squits, that was fairly evident

However i disagree he is seen as the ‘bad guy’. Maybe at first he was blamed for a poor 2020 season but I think people soon came to see him as the right man for the job

I always thought he was to blame for the decision to, let’s say, ‘push the engine rules to the limit’ but I’ve come to understand this was both Arrivebene’s decision & the cause of the fallout between the 2 and the eventual reason for his downfall

MV8
MV8

the EDGE wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 07:44
JPBD1990 wrote:

However i disagree he is seen as the ‘bad guy’. Maybe at first he was blamed for a poor 2020 season but I think people soon came to see him as the right man for the job

I always thought he was to blame for the decision to, let’s say, ‘push the engine rules to the limit’ but I’ve come to understand this was both Arrivebene’s decision & the cause of the fallout between the 2 and the eventual reason for his downfall
Since Binotto took the lead of the team the media have been persecuting him and tbh I don't know why, I think he is prepared for the role and is restructuring pretty well Ferrari as organization.

I have high expectatives for 2022 and then people will value him and hate will decrease (I hope because it's ridiculous lmao).
Just posting

codetower

wowgr8 wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 06:12
I struggle to believe Binotto would even tell Leclerc that. Development isn't Binary, "we value Carlos' input more so you're useless now" that's not really how it works
Exactly... And this all came out a couple of days before Leclerc was saying he would like to extend his contract at Ferrari. Sounds like someone speculating and generating buzz to get some clicks.

Leclerc is Ferrari's Gem right now, and he's arguably one of the top 3 or 4 drivers on the grid. You see the way Binotto and Mekkies talk about him. ANY team would quickly take him should there be a falling out. Sainz is a very good driver, but Leclerc is still out qualifying and out racing him. I find the story very difficult to believe.

wowgr8

MV8 wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 12:11
Since Binotto took the lead of the team the media have been persecuting him and tbh I don't know why, I think he is prepared for the role and is restructuring pretty well Ferrari as organization.

I have high expectatives for 2022 and then people will value him and hate will decrease (I hope because it's ridiculous lmao).
The Binotto hate I've seen has all been from the fans, not from the media. The media are totally neutral on him, from what I've seen. Maybe tabloid Italian sites will hate on him but I don't see those

Andres125sx

codetower wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 17:38
Sainz is a very good driver, but Leclerc is still out qualifying and out racing him.
Marginally, and if you take into account it´s first season for Sainz in red... :P

But I get your point and even agree, I´d take Lecrerc over Sainz. But since this season I´d hesitate a little bit

ryaan2904

codetower wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 17:38
wowgr8 wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 06:12
Exactly... And this all came out a couple of days before Leclerc was saying he would like to extend his contract at Ferrari. Sounds like someone speculating and generating buzz to get some clicks.

Leclerc is Ferrari's Gem right now, and he's arguably one of the top 3 or 4 drivers on the grid. You see the way Binotto and Mekkies talk about him. ANY team would quickly take him should there be a falling out. Sainz is a very good driver, but Leclerc is still out qualifying and out racing him. I find the story very difficult to believe.
Rumours aside, there was genuine news about redbull contacting him for a potential drive. He refused ofc :lol:
I believe he is playing it very conservative this year. Always brakes way too early in the first corner. I've hardly seen him take any risks in the races this year. He himself said he had to change his mindset for the midfield. I believe we'll see more of his risqué magic next year :mrgreen:
CFD Eyes of Sauron

JPower

No idea what to think about the SF21 at Sochi. Could be quick, could be average. S2 is right up its alley but those big straights could be an issue. Reminds me of Baku somewhat.

Both Leclerc and Sainz have gone well there in the past. They’ll need everything against McLaren.

Ced
Ced

Ferrari will run the new engine at Sochi. Only Leclerc

MV8
MV8

Ced wrote:
22 Sep 2021, 18:39
Ferrari will run the new engine at Sochi. Only Leclerc
Good move, let's see how it goes, it's going to be really interesting to see despite of the rain, with some luck we see Leclerc doing good overtakes and risking :D :D
Just posting

wowgr8

Ferrari need to equip their customers with the new parts ASAP. They need all the data possible

Zynerji

the EDGE wrote:
21 Sep 2021, 07:44
JPBD1990 wrote:

I still believe it was Binnoto that wanted to cheat, as he was the one that stayed around and did the cheating with the 2019 engine...