2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Vasconia

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

Sevach wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:07
Mick has a reputation of needing time to adapt, but he seems very solid from the go in F1, beating Latifi and so close to Kimi.
Not to compare (but doing it already) but Michael was similar, he also wasn't suppoused to be the best before getting to F1, in lower formulae people rated Frentzen and Mika higher.
We haven seen before, drivers who theoretically are beats before F1, but they fail to adapt to the category and also just the opposite. Mick is doing a great job. I think racing for a "bad" team is giving him more peace and room to learn in a better way. This season will be agreat basis for him.

Yesterday he made another step forward with a first great performance in a opening lap. We can´t ask for more because Haas had a so bad race pace, which made impossible to keep the other guys behind.

Sevach

Vasconia wrote:
10 May 2021, 10:32
Sevach wrote:
08 May 2021, 20:07
Mick has a reputation of needing time to adapt, but he seems very solid from the go in F1, beating Latifi and so close to Kimi.
Not to compare (but doing it already) but Michael was similar, he also wasn't suppoused to be the best before getting to F1, in lower formulae people rated Frentzen and Mika higher.
We haven seen before, drivers who theoretically are beats before F1, but they fail to adapt to the category and also just the opposite. Mick is doing a great job. I think racing for a "bad" team is giving him more peace and room to learn in a better way. This season will be agreat basis for him.

Yesterday he made another step forward with a first great performance in a opening lap. We can´t ask for more because Haas had a so bad race pace, which made impossible to keep the other guys behind.
Agreed, there isn't a lot expectation towards what he should be doing this Haas so everything is gravy.
He's doing great, mixing with better cars and trouncing his team mate.

As for Nikita, there was a lot of talk about his personality and driving standards... the one thing people expected him to have is pure speed, he's coming short(well short) in this department too.
To the point that we are gonna need to see Mick sharing a team with someone like Giovinazzi to properly judge him.

Vasconia

Mick behind Nikita and having an accident, weird things today! :O

davidfroshanzen

Vasconia wrote:
20 May 2021, 15:56
he had engine problem

politburo

davidfroshanzen wrote:
28 May 2021, 09:04
Vasconia wrote:
20 May 2021, 15:56
he had engine problem
he was referring to fp2 not the race
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

Vasconia

It looks that Mazepin is definitely starting to deliver, which is good for team and will make Mick to push a little bit more.

politburo

Best finish so far for both drivers. It is still abit hard to watch, but the drivers are slowly getting into it.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

yener

Vasconia wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 17:48
It looks that Mazepin is definitely starting to deliver, which is good for team and will make Mick to push a little bit more.
Mazepin was +30 seconds behind Mick at half the race. So no, he didnt start to deliver.
Im surprised how mich faster Mick is to be honest. I would love to see Mick in another team with another driver.

Maybe Mick is much faster then his teammate, but still way too slow for f1. Well find out next year
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

davidfroshanzen

hopely next year mick can replace kimi,,, and i, waiting for result in 2021

Gerhardsa

yener wrote:
08 Jun 2021, 00:39
Vasconia wrote:
05 Jun 2021, 17:48
Mazepin was +30 seconds behind Mick at half the race. So no, he didnt start to deliver.
Im surprised how mich faster Mick is to be honest. I would love to see Mick in another team with another driver.

Maybe Mick is much faster then his teammate, but still way too slow for f1. Well find out next year
Micks aways been a pretty good race day driver. I am not surprised he is embarrassing Mazipin. I also think him (When the track suits the car a bit more) keeping up with a Williams, and sometimes fighting them for position(, and keep in mind, some weekends the Haas is like a second or 1.5 seconds slower than Williams) is really impressive. I think he will come good and be in F1 not just for his Marketability, surname etc. Yes, he as also made mistakes, but they all make them. Hell the 7x Champ has made two bad errors this year already. But yeah, Mick certainly is miles ahead of his teammate which is the only real yardstick for him currently.

lio007

At least he seems to be a smart guy:
“Five days ago, I passed my final exam in university for finishing my first four years, and I'm moving on to get a second masters degree later in the coming two years.”

Mazepin has been studying economics and languages through his initial masters degree, which was also completed alongside his racing duties through GP3 and Formula 2 in recent years.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/maze ... e/6547219/

Vasconia

lio007 wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 17:17
“Five days ago, I passed my final exam in university for finishing my first four years, and I'm moving on to get a second masters degree later in the coming two years.”

Mazepin has been studying economics and languages through his initial masters degree, which was also completed alongside his racing duties through GP3 and Formula 2 in recent years.
Not surprised, he has never looked like a stupid guy, he has choosen the role of a "bad boy", nothing more, nothing less.

adrianjordan

lio007 wrote:
11 Jun 2021, 17:17

Now let's see him do something hard like engineering 😝😝
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

davidfroshanzen

Wow,,, wow,,, Q2 ..... I hope tomorrow not get penalty...

Zynerji

Happy for HAAS in Q2.

Expecting Mick @ Alfa Romeo for 2022.

Going to be sweet as.