2021 Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FW17

Re: 2021 Haas F1 Team

Jambier wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 15:18
Haas will likely be bought by Mazepin anyway.
I'm more curious about 2022, being the only F1 team that is not a constructor, what is the plan ?

I mean their 2020 car will continue in 2021, and was still a small evolution of their previous car that was just a copy of even previous Ferraris

So what about 2022 ? Do they ask Dallara to create a rule compliant F1? This will be an HRT like result for 2022 #-o
You can bet it would be a copy of Ross Brawn had it been up to Dallara; thankfully they have a Ferrari design staff to try some radical ideas for the team, probably ones that were considered too edgy for Ferrari

Manoah2u

Jambier wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 15:18
Haas will likely be bought by Mazepin anyway.
I'm more curious about 2022, being the only F1 team that is not a constructor, what is the plan ?

I mean their 2020 car will continue in 2021, and was still a small evolution of their previous car that was just a copy of even previous Ferraris

So what about 2022 ? Do they ask Dallara to create a rule compliant F1? This will be an HRT like result for 2022 #-o
The only thing left now, as horrible as this sounds, is for some serious sh*t hits the fan stuff to happen in 2021 with these blokes.

I am very opposed to Nikita Mazepin, not only has he proven to be a spoiled piece of, that as usual gets away with things with his father's might, but he has proven he does not belong in motorsport and is a bad human being time and time before, a clear indication is punching his 'competitor' in the face TWICE. Without a helmet on. Over nothing.
Imagine what we can expect when the heat really is on. Daddy Mazepin has been doing some pretty questionable stuff ever after missing out on Force India's sale. His brand got more government involvement and turned into the flag of 'the motherland'. There are talks, and i know they're talks which can be untrue, but there are weird talks about how Mazepin got dirt on Gene with some lady doing some stuff on a video.
The thing is, true or not, there's this bad aura around the team, the sponsors, and one of the drivers.

I just hope we don't have to bear F1 with this blatant corruption and sus behaviour for long.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

politburo

Manoah2u wrote:
08 Mar 2021, 12:57
We've had worse teams that didn't even make the grid though.

Either way, i don't think anything will come of this. Some money will be moved. There's an interesting documentary about the multiple tried attempt to murder a russian political oppositor, specifically pointing directions to corruption and rich russian oil billionares. It's smoke and mirrors, a facade.
If they do change the livery, then this has been nothing but a shameless case of russian self-promotion. Uralkali, Mazepin get a lot of media attention, it sells.

but they can't claim it isn't clearly present

https://preview.redd.it/fzb61hp67al61.j ... 8254337b53

Uralkali has used green-red colors before, and suddenly changed to the russian flag.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvpqvheXIAY ... =4096x4096

Its a sad situation F1 has gotten itself into.
Expected more from Haas, but it's prostituting itself worse than Williams is.
The problem that you have is you have to extrapolate so it can fit whatever it is you believe, even if you look at the front wing you could argue that is a flag but sadly it is not, as a flag is rectangular, and is usually used as a patch or emblem on the team's/athlete's equipment. It is otherwise used in the form of a rectangular cloth you can attach to a flagpole or something like they do at the UN headquarters in Wien, Austria or at any embassy.

What Haas did is they simply put up the colors of the flag on the car, and it is obviously to represent Russia but that is legal according to the fallout of the most recent WADA rulings on this issue, you can freely express the flag's colors in whatever configuration as long the actual flag is not there. These configurations obviously cover sideways, horizontal or longitudinal strips of the flag's colors even in the same vein as that on the flag but I understand as long as it is not the actual flag then it is legal, it is a big loophole. It's like Carlos Sainz and Seb Vettel's helmets from last year, they have the national colours in a strip configuration similar to that on the national flag but it is a strip, all around the helmet and therefore to a flag per see even though it is clear national representation ut even that is allowed under the new WADA ruling. I know that sounds like bare technicalities.

[url]https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... ugello.jpg
[url]https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 1259-6.jpg

I also don't think it ever mattered what the Uralkali brand's colors were. I watched F2 and Uralkali sponsored Hitech GP and used White/Grey colors yet their brand logo is green and red, it is clearly ambiguous as it pertains to how they present their brand for their sponsorships. Similarly, SMP, a Russian company, sponsored Russian driver Schwartzmann and changed the PREMA colours to represent the colors of the national flag of Russia. BWT used the color pink for the RP cars and FI cars to promote their Magnezium water, yet their brand logo is dark blue.

[url]https://f1racingnews.gr/wp-content/uplo ... r-2020.png

If it is an issue of morality then there are probably even worse things about F1 than a Russian Chem billionaire paying for a seat for his fairly talented son, not saying that these people do not ha ve a checkered history but just look at all the other BS in F1. One of F1's global sponsors aramco is owned by the Saudi monarchy, and Saudi is somehow hosting an F1 race despite some of the issues they have regarding human rights and funding local wars. At some point I just understood that money and/or results are the only thing that matter in motorsport and I just enjoy the races.

The thing I find sad is that Haas will probably struggle anyway due to lack of other significant sponsorship, like Williams, but probably without the same fate.
"Nosotros diferimos, pero nosotros todos son iguales"

politburo

Dr. Acula wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 11:35
adrianjordan wrote:
04 Mar 2021, 11:27
That's just a livery launch, right?

Because that looks like an old car.... Hell I'm sure I see slots in the floor....
Yes it is. Though the "new" car is mostly the old car. Haas didn't even use their aero tokens for this year. So the changes they could do for the new car other than adopting for the new rules are quite limited.
It's like they have already given up on the season before it has even started. It's like they happy to just be passengers. Steinere even said they haven't been able to have early track tests for the new car due to Covid-19 rules. Disappointing situation.

Manoah2u

politburo wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 12:27

The problem that you have is you have to extrapolate so it can fit whatever it is you believe,
:lol:

yeah extrapolating hard here :lol:
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

politburo

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 19:22
politburo wrote:
09 Mar 2021, 12:27

The problem that you have is you have to extrapolate so it can fit whatever it is you believe,
:lol:

https://preview.redd.it/fzb61hp67al61.j ... 8254337b53

yeah extrapolating hard here :lol:
It is still an extrapolation. And for the fact you have to do that shows it is not necessarily there - It's like saying trousers are an extrapolation of shorts, but we know trousers are not shorts. The actual flag is simply not there on the car, they just have the flag's colours configured in a similar manner to the flag. But it is obvious that they are representing Russia, it is very obvious indeed. It's like if I did this.

[url]https://ibb.co/bsFmhpD
[url]https://ibb.co/tDv2nXN

The helmet does not have the Monaco flag, as the Monaco flag is not that long, it utilizes the colors to communicate Leclerc's Monegasque nationality in a particular style, but it is nowhere near as powerful as if the helmet just had the exact Monaco flag on it The technical term for such as representation is called a vexilloid - it's not the flag but uses certain characteristics of the flag be it color or band configuration but omits other characteristics such as shape etc. The interpretation of what is a flag is the way it is for a reason. I am quite certain this is a good reason what Haas did was considered legal by the FIA and I predict will be by WADA, it is passable as Russian representation without having the Russian lag on it, which I don't understand. If they wanted to ban Russian representation they should have also banned this type of stuff as well, but they didn't lol.

Morteza

Team's logo
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

proteus

I dont see the problem about the russian flag at all. They pay the money and it is their show.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Manoah2u

it's an extrapolation man :lol:

I dont really have a honest problem with it, let that be clear, i just dont think that it should be ignored.
Im rather very reserved about the Mazepin camp in F1, i feel that it's not gonna do F1 much good.

Manoah2u

Either way, if UralKali kept their original colours (red/green) it could have looked somewhat like this, and i must say, this doesn't look bad at all:

yes, offtopic, but whatever.

Anyway, we're about to see what car they'll actually come up with soon.
Mick will start the testing.

Morteza

The race suits

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Vasconia

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 15:43
Either way, if UralKali kept their original colours (red/green) it could have looked somewhat like this, and i must say, this doesn't look bad at all:

https://scontent-ams4-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=606DF1F3

yes, offtopic, but whatever.

Anyway, we're about to see what car they'll actually come up with soon.
Mick will start the testing.
Day and a half for each one, so many things to do, it will be quite stressful for both.

Big Tea

Haas has had some bad publicity lately, I wonder if they have been tempted to send a car out completely unfettered by things like fuel flow ERS limits or anything else that can not be seen, and set a flyer Brawn pre 200p style? Just to get their name in lights and some positive publicity.

Not the whole session, just one run to grab headlines then back to proper testing.
They can not be happy with the way they have been painted this year.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Manoah2u

Big Tea wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 17:36
Haas has had some bad publicity lately, I wonder if they have been tempted to send a car out completely unfettered by things like fuel flow ERS limits or anything else that can not be seen, and set a flyer Brawn pre 200p style? Just to get their name in lights and some positive publicity.

Not the whole session, just one run to grab headlines then back to proper testing.
I doubt they even can, it's not as much as the teams themselves have the ability to just tweak with key engine components, all that stuff is handled by ferrari staff in their pit box. it would certainly also have unwanted wear on the engine itself, and that would bite them later in the behind if they are in a situation where they can snatch some points but have the engine blow up due to this meaningless 'trick'.

Zynerji

Manoah2u wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 23:41
Big Tea wrote:
10 Mar 2021, 17:36

I doubt they even can, it's not as much as the teams themselves have the ability to just tweak with key engine components, all that stuff is handled by ferrari staff in their pit box. it would certainly also have unwanted wear on the engine itself, and that would bite them later in the behind if they are in a situation where they can snatch some points but have the engine blow up due to this meaningless 'trick'.
Test engines are used in the season??

I thought allocation started at race 1.