2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

P6 and P7... Not a horrible result at all... Points are given tomorrow!

I guess the hype will be brought down a notch after this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

Interesting. This year the battle is gonna be with Ferrari and Alpha Tauri. It's now up to the team and drivers to race better than our opponents tomorrow. I was expecting Mclaren to be closer than 9 tenths.

Not ready yet to think that Ferrari and Alpha Tauri are faster than us. I think we could have gone faster. Points in any case are given tomorrow.

Emag
Emag

SmallSoldier wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 18:03

Definitely brings the hype way down. A tenth behind AlphaTauri, and two tenths behind Ferrari. It's not bad, but this year was filled with expectations and so it feels a little disappointing.

PhillipM
PhillipM

SmallSoldier wrote:

Exactly where the team expected, don't see any problem with that.

CjC
CjC

Status quo from last year if you ask me but just swap Renault and Racing Point from last year with Ferrari and Alpha
Tauri this year🙈

Said it before and I’ll say it again- it’s tough being a Mclaren fan🙈
Just a fan's point of view

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

PhillipM wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Agreed... And that’s what some have been trying to say during this last couple of weeks... The car is there to fight for P3 and the drivers will make the biggest impact... It will be a great season ;)

Darth-Piekus

The difference though to Red Bull and Mercedes is still large and doesn't seem to go down much. I expected it to be less than 9 tenths though I don't know how good of a lap our drivers did. We did gain 3 tenths at most but the biggest opportunity is the 2022 reset.
Last edited by Darth-Piekus on 27 Mar 2021, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

genarro
genarro

I think its too early to judge the pace of the cars.. Give it a couple of races and we will get a clearer picture.

But todays performance puts all the hype surounding us down.

Heads down and lets get a good race tomorow

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Emag wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:

Definitely brings the hype way down. A tenth behind AlphaTauri, and two tenths behind Ferrari. It's not bad, but this year was filled with expectations and so it feels a little disappointing.
I strongly believe that we will be fighting with Ferrari for P3 and I expect Alpine and Aston Martin to join the fight at some tracks... On the other hand, not so sure about AT from a season long perspective, but they will be in the fight at several races this season too (they seem to excel in some races constantly through the season).

chrisgr
chrisgr

Last year we were 9th and 15th. Norris did a 1:28.542, 1.3s behind Hamilton. Its a significant improvement if you ask me. Alpha Tauri looks very fast. It remains to see which team is more gentle to the tyres, because as we saw last year, 1-lap speed is one thing and race pace is another.

diffuser

PhillipM wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 18:05
SmallSoldier wrote:

Agreed, solid result. Two cars together. With regards with they Hype, it's only a problem if you beleived it.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

genarro wrote:I think its too early to judge the pace of the cars.. Give it a couple of races and we will get a clearer picture.

But todays performance puts all the hype surounding us down.

Heads down and lets get a good race tomorow
Exactly... Heads down and keep pushing forward... The team is going in the right direction! Still fighting at the front of the midfield and closing the gap to the front as they should.

And who knows, the team may have setup the car a bit more thinking about race pace than qualifying compared to others, with how much degradation you get in Bahrain, protecting the tires a bit for the race could yield more points than starting closer to the front (here is me hoping! Haha)

Darth-Piekus

It is though as Seidl and Zak Brown said. The only way to get Mercedes and Red Bull is through the budget cap, the continuous build of our technical team, the big reset in 2022 and the new F1 Simulator that we are building in Paragon.

What happened this decade and it was so hard to catch up from that much behind? It was so much easier in the last decade.

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
PhillipM wrote:
27 Mar 2021, 18:05
SmallSoldier wrote:

Agreed, solid result. Two cars together. With regards with they Hype, it's only a problem if you beleived it.
The problem with the hype is that you may end up believing it... And I’m talking about the team, when everyone around you starts hyping you, it’s simply natural to get lifted by it, when reality comes and you don’t meet those expectations your can end up disappointing yourself and your motivation can go down with it.

I believe that’s why the team has been trying their best to bring down the expectations, not only for the fans, but most importantly for themselves... Avoiding a GREAT result like today (because having both cars in Q3, P6 and P7 is a great result) to bring their motivation down.

bauc

Its a solid result for the start of tomorrow race, I think the team went backwards on set-up of the car in terms of one lap pace but I hope with good racing and strategy tomorrow both cars can finish in the points. Perez on the MEDS will be a threat, as for Ferrari I expect them to fall back in the race.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg