2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Zynerji

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

With their easy going personalities, I actually thought this would be the bromance of 2021... it doesn't seem to work that way...

McFAN

"McLaren's unusual solution to cut costs and stay within F1 budget cap"
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... budget-cap

nevill3

I thought that all the teams had duplicate "garage setups" that were sea-freighted around the world. Ted Kravitz has mentioned it more than once in his post race notebooks. Maybe the difference now is an expansion as to what is replicated.

The next stage is to have duplicate teams of mechanics, they will be working too much if the number of races and especially double or triple headers increase any more, This too has been mentioned on various interviews I have seen.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

CjC
CjC

So.... after beating our PU supplier for the last 2 back to back seasons.... should we cross our fingers for the same again this season?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just a fan's point of view

mclaren111

CjC wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 13:14
So.... after beating our PU supplier for the last 2 back to back seasons.... should we cross our fingers for the same again this season?

:D =P~ :mrgreen: =P~ :D

Jolle

CjC wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 13:14

Bad this is only that they also were beaten by all their former engine suppliers 😂

FittingMechanics

Zynerji wrote:
21 Feb 2021, 03:59
With their easy going personalities, I actually thought this would be the bromance of 2021... it doesn't seem to work that way...
I don't think Carlos and Lando were immediately a hit. It took a while for them to bond. I am not sure why people expect that on day one, Lando and Ricciardo will be hitting it off.

Lando for me looks like more reserved type of guy, and with such a big difference in age and mentality it's no wonder it is taking a while. Carlos on the other hand is closer to Lando in age and is not super loud and outgoing like Ricciardo is. Quite different personalities.

I am sure that with time, Lando and Ricciardo will find their groove and have fun together.

godlameroso

I think it has to do with Lando's mentality, more than anything, I just think he knows he has to up his game so it's more business focus on his end. He has to do what he did in Abu Dhabi all season, last lap Lando, all laps long.
Saishū kōnā

Macklaren

I'm no psychologist but I think it's pretty clear that people incorrectly assume Daniel and Lando are "similar personalities". I think Daniel is very Type A, outgoing extroverted whereas Lando is actually quite introverted but likes to have fun in his own way -- a bit of a goofball. It will take time for each of them to find a comfort zone with each other when in such close proximity. And as long as they give each other space on the track, Zak will not really mind either way...

adrianjordan

Let's not forget that the drivers won't have as much time to interact with each other as they would in a "normal" season because of Covid rules etc.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

SmallSoldier

A little early to discuss even worst to know how good the relationship between Daniel and Lando will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mwillems

godlameroso wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 19:18
I think it has to do with Lando's mentality, more than anything, I just think he knows he has to up his game so it's more business focus on his end. He has to do what he did in Abu Dhabi all season, last lap Lando, all laps long.
He has stated as much in interviews, that he knows he has to up his game and that the pressure was really difficult for him.

But as for his relationship with DR, I'm not sure why people are thinking that there is no Bromance or judging the relationship at all. What is giving people this impression?

Anyway, personally I think they have already spent the night together and are just playing it cool until they make it official or one of them gets pregnant.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

McFAN

mwillems wrote:
23 Feb 2021, 01:39
godlameroso wrote:
22 Feb 2021, 19:18
He has stated as much in interviews, that he knows he has to up his game and that the pressure was really difficult for him.

But as for his relationship with DR, I'm not sure why people are thinking that there is no Bromance or judging the relationship at all. What is giving people this impression?

Anyway, personally I think they have already spent the night together and are just playing it cool until they make it official or one of them gets pregnant.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

diffuser

I personally don't care about how the drivers get along. As long as it's no worse that talirating each other and no colliding during races. I ignored the whole 2020 bromance. It's not why I watch F1.

mwillems

Keeping the tradition of merging other power couple names together, our own F1 power couple could be called "Dando".
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.