2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

proteus wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 09:54
adrianjordan wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 09:36
Just to throw some healthy cynicism into the mix, might Liberty Media and the FIA have allowed McLaren more leaway in the hopes of creating a 3 way battle at the front to spice up the show.... 🤔 /s
They did this for Mercedes 😁

But Merc payed them a Lot of money... :mrgreen:

mwillems

adrianjordan wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 09:36
Just to throw some healthy cynicism into the mix, might Liberty Media and the FIA have allowed McLaren more leaway in the hopes of creating a 3 way battle at the front to spice up the show.... 🤔 /s
I would downvote you ten times, but you did the /s
my finger was on the trigger, ready to go.....
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

proteus

I am surprised how they dont act against Coca-Cola. Money makes things dissapear.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Xero

proteus wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 13:41
I am surprised how they dont act against Coca-Cola. Money makes things dissapear.
Are you referring to that reverse-racism thing? There are so many companies doing this, be crazy to single out Coca-Cola for it. It's definitely getting blown well out of proportion IMO.

Ground Effect

Xero wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 14:40
proteus wrote:
Are you referring to that reverse-racism thing? There are so many companies doing this, be crazy to single out Coca-Cola for it. It's definitely getting blown well out of proportion IMO.
What’s the reverse-racism thing all about?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

billamend

McG

According to the bumbling oaf Dieter Rencken on that crappy site he writes for McLaren are a 7 out of 10 in "true authenticity in their image".
Think he has just pulled a number out of his stained grandfather pants for this.

"The closest competitor to Ferrari in terms of heritage, track record and vehicle sales, yet a company with a markedly different business model in that it raced for 50 years before branching into road car production. McLaren does not manufacture engines, whether road or track, sourcing power units from outside suppliers. In a hat-tip to its heritage McLaren now races in papaya as did founder Bruce McLaren during the sixties.
Where once the road car and race companies were separate legal entities with different shareholder structures – albeit operating out of the same Woking campus – these have been integrated as part of a recent corporate restructure. Over the years McLaren suffered various identity crises and strayed far from its roots, with Spygate being the nadir; now though, the rebuilding of its legacy is ongoing.

Authenticity rating: 7/10"
F1 is dead.

mwillems

McG wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 19:13
According to the bumbling oaf Dieter Rencken on that crappy site he writes for McLaren are a 7 out of 10 in "true authenticity in their image".
Think he has just pulled a number out of his stained grandfather pants for this.

"The closest competitor to Ferrari in terms of heritage, track record and vehicle sales, yet a company with a markedly different business model in that it raced for 50 years before branching into road car production. McLaren does not manufacture engines, whether road or track, sourcing power units from outside suppliers. In a hat-tip to its heritage McLaren now races in papaya as did founder Bruce McLaren during the sixties.
Where once the road car and race companies were separate legal entities with different shareholder structures – albeit operating out of the same Woking campus – these have been integrated as part of a recent corporate restructure. Over the years McLaren suffered various identity crises and strayed far from its roots, with Spygate being the nadir; now though, the rebuilding of its legacy is ongoing.

Authenticity rating: 7/10"
What does that even mean?

The racing and automotive business were separated out again quite some time ago I think, hence shares in the racing team were sold, but he's right, we don't make engines and we did race in Papaya, so we all learnt something there.

I'd love to learn what this identity crisis was though. Was it existential? Am I car? Is this a track, or maybe a fork?
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

proteus

Ground Effect wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 15:32
Xero wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 14:40
proteus wrote:
What’s the reverse-racism thing all about?
Information leaked of the Coca-Cola internal educational course for how to be "less white". Aparently we are programmed to be douchebags by nature. That is my understanding. Bodes well with F1 "end racism" slogan and equality.

JPower

proteus wrote:
24 Feb 2021, 20:26

Information leaked of the Coca-Cola internal educational course for how to be "less white". Aparently we are programmed to be douchebags by nature. That is my understanding. Bodes well with F1 "end racism" slogan and equality.
No one said that. At all.

proteus

JPower wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 08:19
proteus wrote:

There are slides that leaked with instructions how to change. I wont go deeper, because it will ruin the thread. All i will say is its highly hypocritical and distasteful.

mclaren111

proteus wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 08:28
JPower wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 08:19
proteus wrote:

There are slides that leaked with instructions how to change. I wont go deeper, because it will ruin the thread. All i will say is its highly hypocritical and distasteful.

Agreed... Woke Corporations are spoiling so many things... No more Coke products for me... Ever... :( :(

billamend

Morteza

billamend wrote:
25 Feb 2021, 15:57
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This was brilliant. Baseball? For real?! :D
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare