2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
geogate

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

CjC wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 08:41

Are they happy that he’s leaving?
the old boy network certainly is buzzing - he hasnt had anything to do with the F1 operation for a while though

CjC
CjC

geogate wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 11:04
CjC wrote:

the old boy network certainly is buzzing - he hasnt had anything to do with the F1 operation for a while though
I see.
What was it that they didn’t like?
Just a fan's point of view

diffuser

CjC wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 11:10
geogate wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 11:04
CjC wrote:

I see.
What was it that they didn’t like?
Thought he was on automotive side.

geogate

he has been Chief Operating Officer of Mclaren Group since 2016. Prior to that he was managing director of Racing

mclaren111

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 0Afil.html

Analysis from Mark Hughes on Monza... Some interesting points...

geogate

McLaren doing an Unboxing premier on YT in 6 minutes - not sure if they doing that to have the live chat or something, but it should be good whatever

SmallSoldier

Mclaren’s Unboxed:

Marty_Y

Ground Effect wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 09:05
Nice piece on Ricciardo, the man of the moment. With all the talk about pace and Lando getting close, here’s an interesting bit.

Ricciardo says: "There was one lap in particular, not long after the restart (following the crash between Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton) when I let him get too close and I probably gave him the impression I was maybe not that fast. And I think that's when he probably said 'I want to try and attack Daniel'.

"I could see in my mirrors, Turn Two into Curva Grande and into the next chicane, he was probably even closer than I let Max get at the start of the race.

"I was like, 'OK, I don't need to be saving (tyres) this much, so then I kind of turned it up a little bit. With the restarts and the craziness of the racing these days, I was always trying to save a little bit, just in case there was another restart. Could I have won by 20 seconds? I'm not saying I could have, no, but I was just doing what I had to."

Full article.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/58578393
I read that yesterday and thought it was good, I also think that even if what happened with Max and Lewis didn't happen and they finished the race Daniel Ricciardo would have still most likely won. He won because he made a brilliant start to the race and controlled it well from then on, he looked after his tyres and after he pitted it would have been hard for anyone to overtake him, he deserved the win and it was no fluke.

It's good to see McLaren winning again after the hard years with Honda and Renault (as mentioned in the article) and the other problems they have had. I think it's a good sign of things to come, back with Mercedes engines and completely different cars to come next year, they have a race winning engine and the chance to design a car to challenge for championships again.

west52keep64

geogate wrote:
17 Sep 2021, 00:53
saputra_25 wrote:
16 Sep 2021, 16:18
Neale to leave the team
He was known as 'silent assassin' - a lot of happy people past and present
I used to know some people professionally who worked at Applied Technology and they always spoke about Neale nervously... They also mentioned how a lot of things used to be "not allowed" when Dennis was running the place, overall many of them seemed relieved those days were over.

mwillems

I had no idea we had a construction arm, but apparently we are building Aston Martins new HQ

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/20 ... tory-race/

Edit: I don't think they are related. They built our MTC, use orange and have Mclaren in the title, but I don't see any financial links.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

CjC
CjC

mwillems wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 08:58
I had no idea we had a construction arm, but apparently we are building Aston Martins new HQ

Edit: I don't think they are related. They built our MTC, use orange and have Mclaren in the title, but I don't see any financial links.
😂that has caught me out before as well, think I saw a while back some jobs being advertised to work for Mclaren in the construction industry and I was like ‘what the?? They are an F1 team....’ then realised they are 2 different companies.

It would have been funny for a construction firm within the Mclaren group to build Strolls factory though😂😂
Just a fan's point of view

Big Tea

mwillems wrote:

They make baby buggies too, I've seen them :mrgreen:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

mwillems

CjC wrote:
19 Sep 2021, 10:34
mwillems wrote:

😂that has caught me out before as well, think I saw a while back some jobs being advertised to work for Mclaren in the construction industry and I was like ‘what the?? They are an F1 team....’ then realised they are 2 different companies.

It would have been funny for a construction firm within the Mclaren group to build Strolls factory though😂😂
hahaha

Yes, after I read it, I thought... there's a reason I didn't know Mclaren had a construction arm!

So I googled the Mclaren Group and there was no mention of construction. What was odd was that I looked at the Construction Company and it was also set up around the year 2000, which is when the MTC was built.... It seemed like a Ron Dennis thing to do, make a profitable business out of our own expensive business requirement... But alas, it was not true at all!

:mrgreen:
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Macklaren

mwillems wrote:

HAHA would have been like the infamous construction of the US embassy in Russia during the Cold War. Walls like swiss cheese with bugs. They had to tear down the building and build it again!